Stick82

2AA West Finals: Shelby 28, Hibriten 21

Rate this topic

Fan Poll  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who will advance to the finals?

• Hibriten
    • Shelby

SPRaider it wasnt meant in disrespect buddy..im one of ones that said last years SP team was the best team in State.. They spanked us 1st game. It was just one of those things where coach Ware had perfect gameplan to win. We were not better just had better game plan.  And really i dont know who will win fri. I like getting Hibriten fans in up roar.   We going show up and play best we can. And may best team win

I like the sound of that much better. 

I sure wish Coach Lineberger would have stuck around one more year. Can't say SP would have won the playoff game last year with him at the helm, but I sure would have liked their chances. I think Coach Hodge will be a good one, he just needed a little more experience last year.

Coach Ware hates to lose...not meaning he disrespects other team. He just is a winner. Hes been so dang good at having a master game plan ready after a loss.  And Mickey was heck of a coach. Him and coach Norman were buddys....Let me ask u a ?   Dont u think theres more athletes on this Shelby team then last year. Minus Dax..  Early season loses. Were due to not having players where they fit.   

I don't know about more athletes, the thing that beat SP this year was the spread offense and lack of a pass rush. Shelby's O line was better than SP's D line.

If Hibriten can pressure your Qb and come up with a few stops, I think it will be a heck of a game. I don't think Shelby can shut down Hibriten's run game.

For the record, if SP doesn't figure out how to pass and defend the pass they will end up playing Bball early again next year. Way too one-dimensional. As for stripping the football??? OMG I agree with getting down... play over.  SP got out coached any time they met competition. Especially the Hibriten game. Up the middle with 2 minutes left.... REALLY???? Got to change the game plan every now and then. And, passing on third down and long is way too obvious.

Now to this Friday's business. Got bored with Bball already so I give I will mosey on up to Lenoir and eat some more BBQ. Might as well watch a game while I am in town. Good luck to both teams. No dog in the fight. Just want to see an exciting game. Hope both teams play well and are safe throughout the rest of their season.  RR

• Like 2

Greenwood, if you can find somebody that will give you Shelby and 28 points for $100, well you may have found the fool of the year. Tell him I'd like some of that as well.

One reason i was a fan of coach Ware going to spread...the wing T was getting to easy to stop.no passing and against a good D we were done...

I said at East SP game i couldn't belive y'all didnt use Grier more.I came to that game and sit on 50 up front...i dont SP folks i just couldn't understand that they dont use him enough

• Like 1

As we saw this year, the ground and pound only works when you are winning or at least within 7. The red bone is a very difficult offense to run effectively when you are behind.

I know u guys say u think Shelby will have hard time with Hibritens run...How they going handle Shelbys 4-5 wide outs.   Shelby has improved week after week.. And now a jv player since SP game moved up whos had 3 over 100 yards rec

1 minute ago, SPRaiders78 said:

As we saw this year, the ground and pound only works when you are winning or at least within 7. The red bone is a very difficult offense to run effectively when you are behind.

It’s also very hard to defend when ran correctly. Sp runs it better than anyone and will continue to for a long time  They will always win a lot of games because how well they execute what they do. 

1 minute ago, shelbyfan said:

I know u guys say u think Shelby will have hard time with Hibritens run...How they going handle Shelbys 4-5 wide outs.   Shelby has improved week after week.. And now a jv player since SP game moved up whos had 3 over 100 yards rec

Sp was the last teams you played that had any type of defense. Unless you think Ashe, West, and north had the speed to cover your receivers.   I don’t know maybe I am wrong

Like SP, Hibriten will have to keep it close to have a chance Friday night. Pressure on the Qb and it just might be a whole different game. Has anyone really gotten after your Qb this year?

I hear u have 2 decent DBs. And from all the film ive watch hard to really tell cause all teams u faced are not good at all on passing but maybe Newton and there not even in our League.   I csnt tell. This i do know we will be best team and most athletic y'all seen to date and dont say Hibriten will be ours not when we face Crest KM. AC...

Yes early in year Crest. AC.  Freedom. Those teams got to him but our Oline play has gotten very good.   Its hard to get good on run blocking when u pass so much.  But we are getting there run game getting much better.

Again 92 i dont disrespect Hibriten. Hats off to what they have done to be a semi Mt team. They do have great Athletes.   A good coach. Again we comming to give it all we got.

43 minutes ago, SPRaiders78 said:

Greenwood, if you can find somebody that will give you Shelby and 28 points for $100, well you may have found the fool of the year. Tell him I'd like some of that as well.

You're right! ... I want find anyone to take that bet!

....what was I thinking?

One thing i saw on flim, Hibritens kicking is terrible, last years was good. This year i look for Shelby to start in good field position alot

Yep that means we’re scoring a lot!! As long as we are kicking to you we’re good. I do think you might see a different group on Kickoffs this week