2AA West Finals: Shelby 28, Hibriten 21

Rate this topic

Fan Poll  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who will advance to the finals?

• Hibriten
    • Shelby

3 hours ago, shelbyfan said:

Cagle89. Im afraid most of the Hibriten folks think Shelby is same team as last year. This team is totally different.. New Qb- new O line which is better right now then last year. Amd our D is about. Even nust better a certian pos then last and faster i think. Right now Shelby is peaking at right time.last year we were wore out at this point...going to be heck of game...Shelby 30- Hibriten 24

It's got that 2016 SP vibe your Shelby team.

38 minutes ago, Cagle89 said:

It's got that 2016 SP vibe your Shelby team.

I felt the same way.  My doctor however diagnosed it a severe case of 

estreñido!!!!!
  • Haha 2

Hibriten has two DBs who can cover and run with anyone in 2A. Those guys will not be fooled. Not sure about a four wide set. It gives all high schoolers problems.

Bess is like the last three QBs for Shelby in that he does not take off and run. Hibriten is very capable of applying pressure.

They are pretty deep if they want to substitute fresh legs. I doubt you will see them bring kids in and out though. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, GDG said:

Hibriten has two DBs who can cover and run with anyone in 2A. Those guys will not be fooled. Not sure about a four wide set. It gives all high schoolers problems.

Bess is like the last three QBs for Shelby in that he does not take off and run. Hibriten is very capable of applying pressure.

They are pretty deep if they want to substitute fresh legs. I doubt you will see them bring kids in and out though. 

Not doubting the Lions at all. I know that defense, receivers, and QB. I have not seen the offensive and defensive line as they are different from the prior year. The Lions will bring it Friday night. I have no doubt of that. Like I said in another thread, Shelby would win games they loss at season start. Burns and Crest would not win those games now. The Golden Lions are undefeated where it counts. In the playoffs.

like I said my friend, you MUST not let Hibriten strip the ball when toting it. Hibriten has won both prior games deliberately strippping the ball. Hopefully Lance Ware stresses this to his players. 

11 hours ago, GDG said:

Hibriten has won both prior games deliberately strippping the ball. Hopefully Lance Ware stresses this to his players. 

Hopefully? That's according to who your pulling for.

• Like 1

Coach Ware is one of greatest to come back with master game plan.  Im sure hes aware of everything. Shelby had not been one to turn ball over much this year. ( this may change fri)  we come out try plsying our best ball

1 hour ago, shelbyfan said:

Coach Ware is one of greatest to come back with master game plan.  Im sure hes aware of everything. Shelby had not been one to turn ball over much this year. ( this may change fri)  we come out try plsying our best ball

South Point and Bandys didn’t have an issue of turnovers either but 5 each lead to losses. It was a very popular technique used by Newton kids back in their winning years.

Only one of those four fumbles were unforced in the SP loss. Two were defensive touchdowns. One was on the one yard line when SP attempting to score. That is a 21 point swing even with the other two turnovers. Turnovers are a part of the game but allowing a strip happens when you don’t get down and struggle to keep going. Get your butt down, the play is over.

On 12/1/2018 at 5:23 PM, GDG said:

South Point and Bandys were not prepared for the gang tackle, strip the ball from the carrier. You would have thought after the SP game the coaches for Bandys would have stressed protecting the ball and getting down. Both wins by the Panthers were results of 5 turnovers. So will Lance Ware have SHELBY prepared for the strip ball? If SHELBY has two turnovers or less they will win this game. Four turnovers and they break out the Tide Pods and start the washer. 

We gonna get some Snow for the game?

I may be wrong but I'd think extreme cold and snow would benefit the home team. That big full back would be hard to handle in those conditions.

Last 2 weeks Shelby showed the rain didnt really bother the passing game. Both nights were steady rains... rain would bother me more..  Depends on how cold and if conditions get bad..to me snow would be bad thing for Hibriten footing wise....im hearing and seeing late fri. Night maybe Sat morning

If Shelby wins this game and plays for a title damn. Beginning of the season everyone wrote then off. Just to prove everyone wrong again. Got Shelby in a close one 35-30

9 hours ago, Cagle89 said:

We gonna get some Snow for the game?

I found some snow blowers over the weekend  might have a couple inches on the field by game time?  Think anyone would notice?

• Haha 2

Go for it 92, that's what they call the, "Home Field Advantage".  It wouldn't hurt to grease up a few footballs while your at it, oh an maybe slip the ref's a couple hundred a piece.   Do all of that and have a little luck go your way and who knows, you guys just might pull this one off.

I will be there in spirit Friday night, I promised the wife I'd go with her to her company "Holiday Party" if SP was out of the playoffs. Thanks again Hibriten, thanks for nothing. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Hibriten said:

So, is the winner of this game the favorite to win the State Title?  Is one of the eastern teams better than HHS or Shelby?

What eastern team? They’re all from the west.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hibriten said:

So, is the winner of this game the favorite to win the State Title?  Is one of the eastern teams better than HHS or Shelby?

Ledford, defensively is no joke. Kind of like a.k.a. Baltimore Ravens 2000. Offense ?? Searching. North Davidson, has a good defense as well, offense has been inconsistent. The key for ND will, would be the offense. What are you going to get? Ledford, Defensively they can match up on the back end with Shelby and they can get pressure. Same with ND. One monster of a DE got hurt for ND, don’t know if he’s back. Maybe someone could shine some light on that. Ledford vs HHS might resemble title game from last year. Ledford will struggle to get points on either team offensively. The saying goes defense wins championships. Time will tell. Turnovers and ST can/ will have a impact as well.

Give edge to western side of the bracket.

Really, this is a Western final 4. First things first, this Friday regional finals. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HIBRITEN92 said:

I found some snow blowers over the weekend  might have a couple inches on the field by game time?  Think anyone would notice?

I've been wondering what you guys may pull to give you the advantage this year.  Last year it was pulling the plug on a game clock that was running perfectly during warm-ups.<_<

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, '98 State Champion said:

I've been wondering what you guys may pull to give you the advantage this year.  Last year it was pulling the plug on a game clock that was running perfectly during warm-ups.<_<

New Chick-fil-A scoreboard this year

• Like 1

I thought I heard em say over the PA System, they we're saving up for a new scoreboard, when we were up there. Far be it for me to tell em what they need but I think anybody who has ever been there and sat on the visitors side would agree, what they need are some decent stands to sit in. It might not be a bad idea to add play clocks in each end zone as well, just saying.