Stick82

2AA West Finals: Shelby 28, Hibriten 21

Rate this topic

Fan Poll  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who will advance to the finals?

• Hibriten
    • Shelby

Just like SP at Shelby. If Hibriten can eat clock and score on most of their possessions, not commit turnovers and stop Shelby a few times they can win. Unfortunately SP didn't stop Shelby often enough. Will Hibriten? Probably not, but we will see. I'll say Shelby by 10. 

I can tell ya this.  Hibriten is beat to heck. This has been two of the hardest hitting games I have seen   I don’t know if #30 gona get out of the bed tomorrow. He must have tackled the big fullback 150 times tonight. We’re going to have to play better next week to beat Shelby for sure!!

• Like 1

Hibriten 92 much respect to you and team. Most of your fans basically put you guys as a winner.. Im sure we have few that way too.As for game.. Were playing best ball of year we will have to in order to knock yall off.  Going be a great game

Yes it gona be fun. We still have not played our best in the playoffs   Hibriten has done just enough to win each week. Sp and Bandys were hard on us,, both were slobber knockers. There was a kid tonight from Bandys left in an ambulance, sure hope he is ok. Hard hitting game. However Hibriten will show up and I k ow Shelby will too.   Gona be a lot of fun

Turnovers were devestating for Bandys tonight. That Bandys Mule was incredible!...and yet Hibriten wins comfortably. Witherspoon can score on every play he touches the ball. 

That was a great competitive game just like the South Point game. Physical!

I'm taking Hibriten over Shelby.

• Like 1

No parade in lenoir this year,, had it last night. Could be a larger crowd than last year as the parade was the same night. This should be a good one!!

• Like 1

I think last night we found our middle linebacker,,  i would guess to see him pressure a lot next week. The kid hit that big fullback it seemed like every play.  I dont know how we will do with pass coverage but not allowing shelby to run should really help our chances to cover down field.  I also think pressure on bess will help, but he does well getting the ball out quickly. We desperately need to get the offense on track and stop the turnovers, we will not be able to do that next week at all. There will be speed everywhere out there friday night,,, gona be a fun week to talk football!!  Go panthers!!!

• Like 1

Funny last night we had 144 yrds rushing and 284 passing.. Seems to me pretty balanced another thing our 3 losess were in a row 1st of year. This team is total different team now, so go ahead bank on us being same team.

See unlike SP I think Hibriten will be able to get some pressure on Shelby... This may be a deciding factor... Can Hibriten play man to man? I see Fuller having a great game next week. 

Shelby has a better defense too.

Good Luck to both teams.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HIBRITEN92 said:

Shelby’s d a lot better than sp?  I know at the lb position for sure but I think this one might be won in the trenches?

Yes Shelby overall defense is better thans SP.... especially the Dline. 

Cagle89. Im afraid most of the Hibriten folks think Shelby is same team as last year. This team is totally different.. New Qb- new O line which is better right now then last year. Amd our D is about. Even nust better a certian pos then last and faster i think. Right now Shelby is peaking at right time.last year we were wore out at this point...going to be heck of game...Shelby 30- Hibriten 24

South Point and Bandys were not prepared for the gang tackle, strip the ball from the carrier. You would have thought after the SP game the coaches for Bandys would have stressed protecting the ball and getting down. Both wins by the Panthers were results of 5 turnovers. So will Lance Ware have SHELBY prepared for the strip ball? If SHELBY has two turnovers or less they will win this game. Four turnovers and they break out the Tide Pods and start the washer. 

Edited by GDG
  • Like 1

Shelby will be a different animal. No fullback getting 30 carries this friday. This week will be more open field tackling, coverage and pressure.