Chris Hughes

1AA East Regional: Tarboro 48, Holmes 7

1AA East Regional: #1 Tarboro (13-0) vs. #3 Holmes (12-1)   

24 members have voted

1. 1. Will will advance to the finals?

• Tarboro
    • Holmes

Having seen both teams play this year,it will be extremely tough for Edenton in this game. Tarboro should control both lines of scrimmage. Tarboro has speed on the edges. If Edenton can pass they may score, but not a lot. Tarboro and the T offense win big!!

11 hours ago, THS Vikings Fan said:

Tarboro will overpower both lines.  They will be too much for the Aces.  I look forward to them proving me wrong.  Welcome back Aces!

Based on last year,this is a whole new season and players plus no team is unbeatable. Again this is not the same team as last year and if the Aces can stop giving Tarboro a short field I think it will be a more competitive game than last year.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cpa football 101 said:

Having seen both teams play this year,it will be extremely tough for Edenton in this game. Tarboro should control both lines of scrimmage. Tarboro has speed on the edges. If Edenton can pass they may score, but not a lot. Tarboro and the T offense win big!!

The Aces also have speed that can get around the edges if need be,they just keep knocking on the door until it will eventually open for them.

I may be wrong, but I have a hard time believing a team that allowed Bertie to score as many points as they did will be able to hold us under 35. And I also have a hard time believing, and again I may be wrong, that Edenton can score 35 points on us. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Herd said:

The Aces also have speed that can get around the edges if need be,they just keep knocking on the door until it will eventually open for them.

#11 for Edenton maybe the fastest player on the field. But when you see in person the speed of Tarboro’s back 7 you will be impressed. As an example., when #5 ran Down Stanley last night that’s what you will see from there back group. They play smart, are ultra aggressiveness, and quick!!

We have great overall team speed. Last week all I heard was the duo from North Stanly were going to be the best athletes on the field.  I think they had five first downs.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Vikingpride said:

We have great overall team speed. Last week all I heard was the duo from North Stanly were going to be the best athletes on the field.  I think they had five first downs.

7 had 63 yds and 20 had 41 yds  only net 87 after tackles for losses. 20 was a exceptional player, he had speed to cover from sideline to sideline.

37 minutes ago, t-townvikings said:

7 had 63 yds and 20 had 41 yds  only net 87 after tackles for losses. 20 was a exceptional player, he had speed to cover from sideline to sideline.

Hey man act like you all have been here before, everybody knows Tarboro can't be beat in 1AA right now. Going from a 3A program to 1AA and winning ain't much to brag about if you ask me.

54 minutes ago, rville20 said:

Hey man act like you all have been here before, everybody knows Tarboro can't be beat in 1AA right now. Going from a 3A program to 1AA and winning ain't much to brag about if you ask me.

Lol.. They havent been 3a since the 90's. Tarboro cant help the fact, that most of their people are moving to Raleigh or Charlotte for better jobs..lol

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Coach Floyd said:

Lol.. They havent been 3a since the 90's. Tarboro cant help the fact, that most of their people are moving to Raleigh or Charlotte for better jobs..lol

R'ville was 1a in the 60's and 14 ships later we are still 1a, you have a ways to go before you can claim to be the best ever. 

Great for you!.. What i said was just plain facts. Who wants to move near Graham County?? There's nothing there. Thats why you will stay small. If you have a good coaching staff and a community behind you, you should be strong. Thats why people are leaving Tarboro, its nothing there!!!.. Why do you think wake county has to build new schools or redistrict, because so many people from the east are moving to the triangle area, which is 1-2 hours away. That was my point. I didnt ask for your resume. 

• Like 1

Who claimed we were the best ever? No one was boasting, just listing game facts? Glad you all are proud of your program! That’s great, you guys have a lot to be proud of. Just like you all are proud of your knights, we re proud of our Vikings. Last 10 seasons we’ve gone to 6 championships and hoping to make it 7 out of the last 11 next week. We’re not claiming to be the greatest of all time but I think we’ve had an amazing run the last 11 years.

• Like 1

If I am not mistaken. Did they build Prep School that might have taken Tarboro students away? Might be one of the reason they dropped to 1A. I have been through Tarboro. I thought it was a beautiful little Historic Town. I was told that most people from Tarboro end up moving to areas like Rocky Mount, Greenville, and Raleigh. The Tarboro population didn't seem to drop? Just curious.

13 hours ago, Coach Floyd said:

There used to be a lot of industry jobs in Tarboro and Carolina Telephone had a headquarters on Western Blvd. When, CTT was bought up by Sprint, all the jobs went to Wake Forest. Some factory jobs got hit hard by the NAFTA deal and those jobs just went to Mexico. There is some hope that the Kingsboro Industrial area will create more jobs for Edgecombe county, but until that happens it’s 1A for us. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, rville20 said:

There is merit to this observation. Tarboro has had a football first attitude for decades. The infrastructure for good football was planted in the 70’s and 80’s. In the late 90’s and early 00’s, the program had a bit of an identity crisis. New coaches came in with new schemes. These kids went from youth leagues to Middle school to JV playing one way and then had to change once they reached Varsity. Eventually Craddock brought back the T, and it took off from there. Tarboro had a long tradition of football to tap into that most schools at 1A never had. The community places certain expectations on this program and they deliver. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, t-townvikings said:

The talent those guys had showed up on the defensive side. On offense, their line got blown up so quickly even Barry Sanders would have struggled. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, rville20 said:

Don't know what you getting so riled up about, no one is bragging here . Just talking game stats about two very good running backs.When we played 3A ball we were playing up in classification not required too at that time. We came from 2A ball to 1AA ball. We know about your titles and good for you i'm sure they are well deserved.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KWC said:

There used to be a lot of industry jobs in Tarboro and Carolina Telephone had a headquarters on Western Blvd. When, CTT was bought up by Sprint, all the jobs went to Wake Forest. Some factory jobs got hit hard by the NAFTA deal and those jobs just went to Mexico. There is some hope that the Kingsboro Industrial area will create more jobs for Edgecombe county, but until that happens it’s 1A for us. 

Well said. People just mad that Tarboro is dominating 1aa. Last time i checked, they strap up, just like everybody else.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, t-townvikings said:

Don't know what you getting so riled up about, no one is bragging here . Just talking game stats about two very good running backs.When we played 3A ball we were playing up in classification not required too at that time. We came from 2A ball to 1AA ball. We know about your titles and good for you i'm sure they are well deserved.

Not riled up at all, sorry if my post seemed that way. Nobody in the west at the moment has anything for Tarboro, the only school today that has any chance to compete with you all this year is playing 1a