Chris Hughes

1A West Finals: Murphy 28, Robbinsville 6

Rate this topic

Fan Poll  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who will advance to the finals?

• Murphy
    • Robbinsville

I will say this. This game will feature some Outstanding backs from both teams. I thought last year Anderson was the best RB Mitchell seen all season. And those young men in those extremely muddy white uniforms tonight were in my opinion the best Mitchell has faced this season. 

Everyone in Mitchell and Cherokee county's knew what was coming in the 4th quarter tonight and Mitchell just could not stop them. Good luck to both teams on Friday.  

GO MOUNTAINEERS

• Like 2

Should be a good one, assuming Murphy isn't real banged up after that slobber knocker with Mitchell I'll take the 'Dogs in the rematch. Like I said in the Mitchell thread, don't care if it's by 1 or 100 as long as the 'Dogs get the W.

45 minutes ago, mhs95 said:

Losing 40 and possibly 32 is gonna hurt us.

I think Murphy can survive by grinding it out on offense, #10, #28, #6, #2 and #24 are good players, but they lose a lot of explosiveness with #32 out, no true home run threat with him out.

Where it's really going to hurt though is on defense, #32 and #40 can not be replaced on defense, not even close. Not having their speed out there at linebacker with Pamlico's speed is going to be a problem.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mr Football said:

if those 2 don’t play, then Gentry probably hangs around one more; my guess is if they win it, he retires..

He'll be back next year win or lose barring something crazy. Gentry is only 9 wins from the state wins record and not much more than that from state record for wins at one school.

2020, now that could be a different story.

46 minutes ago, BulldogDad said:

2020 will be another really great team.  I'm guessing he as the helm. 

I agree that 2020 will be a great team barring something unexpected, but I see Coach leaving his sucessor a good team to work with when he does finally decide to step away.

Who knows, he may coach another 10 years. He doesnt look or act his age and he still clearly enjoys it.