Rate this topic

Fan Poll  

31 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will advance to the finals?

• Vance
    • Myers Park

2 minutes ago, 704cougarsdad said:

About the only thing u were right about...oh well different site same result.

You boys just win the game and stop complaining... 

For what its worth I though Brand and Carlos have done a good job of downplaying it publicly and making every effort to keep kids focused.

Would love to hear the behind scenes conversation. Bet its some classic stuff.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Wrigley said:

For what its worth I though Brand and Carlos have done a good job of downplaying it publicly and making every effort to keep kids focused.

Would love to hear the behind scenes conversation. Bet its some classic stuff.

Lots or curse words trust me...but they're professionals.

13 minutes ago, Mustangstrong said:

If it's all in the players why do it matter location? 

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Are you kidding with that question. Mustang go to bed.

1 minute ago, ZBVANCE said:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Are you kidding with that question. Mustang go to bed.

After Friday it won't matter because it will be basketball season for them.

42 minutes ago, Mustangstrong said:

If it's all in the players why do it matter location? 

Agree 100%. Why move it then. Home field advantage was earned.

11 minutes ago, Wrigley said:

Agree 100%. Why move it then. Home field advantage was earned.

Like they said location doesn't matter...they have the Stars we have the team. 

8 hours ago, work7 said:

U-Haul was completely sold out in Cornelius last Saturday. 

That’s funny. Heading back home huh.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, footballfan1951 said:

Vance should have home field.  But MP I believe would match up better with Wake Forest.

Friday’s game will be the most physical team that MP has played all year. The forced move to the Creek I think will backfire and really solidify the focus of Vance. Vance QB Summerville was the QB at MP so he has a lot of incentive to play well based on his situation before he left. MP better strap up because I think this will be at the same intensity as a Vance vs Creek game but MP has never been close to a game like this. 

Advantage Vance.......

45 minutes ago, Creekprogram said:

Friday’s game will be the most physical team that MP has played all year. The forced move to the Creek I think will backfire and really solidify the focus of Vance. Vance QB Summerville was the QB at MP so he has a lot of incentive to play well based on his situation before he left. MP better strap up because I think this will be at the same intensity as a Vance vs Creek game but MP has never been close to a game like this. 

Advantage Vance.......

You could be right.  But I still think, against Wake Forest, MP is a better matchup.  Vance's offense plays right into Wake Forest's defensive strength.

I agree Myers Park probably matches up better with Wake Forest but I do not think Vance would be outgunned.

Richmond seemed to set up in blitz packages and really brought the tried to put the heat on Maye.  They were good at getting the ball to back and they got through the hole quick.  Was impressed with MP scheming against Richmond which is a well coached team.  Maye is able to get rid of the ball really quick but will stand in the pocket checking down until the last possible moment before he dumps the ball.

19 minutes ago, btango said:

I agree Myers Park probably matches up better with Wake Forest but I do not think Vance would be outgunned.

Richmond seemed to set up in blitz packages and really brought the tried to put the heat on Maye.  They were good at getting the ball to back and they got through the hole quick.  Was impressed with MP scheming against Richmond which is a well coached team.  Maye is able to get rid of the ball really quick but will stand in the pocket checking down until the last possible moment before he dumps the ball.

Which I think is where this game is different. Can MP do what noone has done against Vance. Run the ball. If not I think Aldridge stays in the two deep and lets his LBs run with those check downs inside the 30s. Gets more aggressive as the field tightens and Mayes descisions get quicker. The key is stopping the run and getting pressure when Mayes 2nd look goes away. Have to keep them one dimensional though. If they can run it lessens Aldridges options.

He let Hough have alot of real estate in the middle of the field .He Wouldnt let KBS outside the tackles and made him be a QB. I would not be shocked to see him rush 3 at times and drop 8 to take away the easy dump off throws.

• Like 2

Lol people think our offense is weak...3yrds n a cloud of dust. We are all gas no brakes...Brand can run it or pass it... Pick ur poison? All this talk about MP offense...can they rely on their defense when the offense isn't clicking? I can honestly say and MP may blow us out. We can rely on our defense 2 keep it close i.e the Creek and north meck games.

• Like 1

I don't believe MP has played a team as physical as Vance. Especially on the defensive side of the ball. MP passing game is huge for them. Unlike Bonner Steward, Maye is not a mobile guy. A lot of his passes are timing routes.  If Vance disrupts the passing game, advantage Vance. I'll also give the nod to Vance on Coaching. Brand has played in numerous big games, and Aldridge has seen everything. As explosive as people believe MP'S is on the offensive side of the ball,  they gotta play defense also. They will also have to run the ball, which few have had success against Vance.  I believe Brand can put up points against them. Sounds like I'm rolling with Vance. I also believe they're a better match up against WF. People are underestimating their offense with AB.  

• Thanks 1

Myers Park beats a Richmond team who imo wasn't that great compared to those in the I Meck conference and all of a sudden Vance has no chance. People are too reactionary lol. 

• Like 1