4AA West: Vance 21, Myers Park 13

Rate this topic

Fan Poll  

31 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will advance to the finals?

• Vance
    • Myers Park

Bowick (#11) for Myers Park is a straight out beast.  Impressive footballer.  Dominant and physical receiver.  Runs out of the wildcat, plays defense on pass plays.  

9 hours ago, btango said:

Bowick (#11) for Myers Park is a straight out beast.  Impressive footballer.  Dominant and physical receiver.  Runs out of the wildcat, plays defense on pass plays.  

Said at the game last night that the kid is a cheat code. If he stays healthy, he’s a ligitimate NFL talent. Damn shame that Carolina didn’t offer him. He literally said that he would’ve gone there had he been offered. 

Think that MP is a very good team but people are over playing the past two wins a bit. Butler off for 4 weeks was a gift and while I thought the environment would be tough on MAye at RC that brand of athlete and scheme is something RC never sees. With the exception of 71st the entire season they really play ground and pound opponents and never see a team with the kind of QB and wideouts that MP has. Its hard to scheme and prepare kids for that in one week. Vance plays against that 4 to 5 times a year if not more. Weather in the 30's this Friday night on a very slow track and I think that helps to slow down the MP passing attack a notch or two.

It will be interesting to see how Aldridge decides to defend. He played very soft coverage in between the 30's and never really came after KBS. I think their biggest concern was keeping him in the box and not letting him get outside and take off. Maye doesnt have KBS's wheels so I expect they will use Echols and Sutton off the edge more . They have to get pressure on Maye because I dont think the Vance DBs can hold up all night on Bowick and MMjr. 

Also think people vastly under rate Summerville. I had only seen him against MC and he is usually running for his life but he was excellent last Friday and I see where the big numbers come from. Very calm, ball comes out fast and Vance will force MP to play a street fight in the trenches. They have become a pretty damn physical run the ball team which fits perfect on that field.

I also think for the first time in 10-12 years the Vance kids are gonna have a home crowd next Friday and a packed house. I think when you have played with not a ton of support and you come out and see the stands packed it provides some extra juice. 

That Vance defense is something serious. But Myers Park likes to air it out. Has Vance faced an offense that throws it like that? I know MC had a good qb, but I was under the impression that they ran it much more than they threw it. 

I am pulling for Vance though. 

41 minutes ago, forsythco said:

That Vance defense is something serious. But Myers Park likes to air it out. Has Vance faced an offense that throws it like that? I know MC had a good qb, but I was under the impression that they ran it much more than they threw it. 

I am pulling for Vance though. 

We're good...not the best on the back end but we're better than the past...if ur going 2 beat us that is the only way...with that being said don't jus b one sided tho because if we feel that u can't run the ball and u give up on it like Hough did..we can clamp down on what ur trying to do. Going 2 b interesting to see the chessmatch between Brand and staff vs chadwick and his staff. Suppose 2 have rain/snow mix Friday night...would love 2 how both offenses do in the elements....were built for it....are they????

Defense:Vance

Passing game: Myers Park, Although Vance passing game is much improved. 

Running Game: Even

Weather conditions: Advantage Vance. 

Coaching: Vance 

1 hour ago, 704cougarsdad said:

We're good...not the best on the back end but we're better than the past...if ur going 2 beat us that is the only way...with that being said don't jus b one sided tho because if we feel that u can't run the ball and u give up on it like Hough did..we can clamp down on what ur trying to do. Going 2 b interesting to see the chessmatch between Brand and staff vs chadwick and his staff. Suppose 2 have rain/snow mix Friday night...would love 2 how both offenses do in the elements....were built for it....are they????

I am worried about these Vance kids. I sure hope they can get rides to the game. Tough times at Vance......LMAO

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Wrigley said:

I am worried about these Vance kids. I sure hope they can get rides to the game. Tough times at Vance......LMAO

Man u know AB...dude creates that narrative 2 get those kids fired up...lmaooo....love that guy!!!

3 hours ago, Wrigley said:

I'm concerned about those privileged MP kids.  Hopefully their BMWs and Mercedes can hold up to get them to the school. Do they use gold plated footballs over there at MP as well?  I'm thinking with their privileges, they haven't had to work at all to get where they are.  Shoot, they may not even deserve to be there, because they got lucky with Butler not playing for awhile and RC not seeing that kind of offense before.  I guess there were privileged circumstances that got them their other wins as well.  Apparently the Vance kids aren't as privileged and have had to work much much harder than those MP kids.  I guess when it comes down to it, with less privilege, Vance just deserves to win this game more.  Thank you Mr. Brand. 

• Haha 2

I just think this is Vance’s year. AB usually has a smoking offense and and average defense. Offense this year is good but not AB standards but he has a smoking defense. I still believe Defense wins Championships. How ironic weather forecast is for a bit of rain and flurries. Vance stands will be packed for the first time in a long time with a coalition of a fan base not just from IBM but other schools. Vance AD should stock up the concessions looks like a money night. 😂😂

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, lbedwards said:

Any chance this game gets moved to Memorial Stadium?

No way. That place needs to be condemned. They will play it at Vance no need to move it pack them in there. 

• Like 1