Sign in to follow this  
Chris Hughes

2A West: Reidsville 21, Mountain Heritage 14

Rate this topic

On 11/30/2018 at 10:37 PM, wes overby said:

maybe you couldn't tell from your perspective but #1 Breon Pass for Reidsville caught that wild pass from the QB in the last minute....not sure why the Rams didn't run #23 Canada...it was 3rd and three....MH guys played really well and were well coached....................

I wasn’t at the game I had to listen to it on the radio, our announcers seemed confused to why the clock was running on an incomplete pass and never corrected themselves.

Coming in the season quarterback for heritage was big question mark. Got to give Randolph credit, he played great, got better every week. After watching his performance against reidsville kid is a baller.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MHHS09 said:

I wasn’t at the game I had to listen to it on the radio, our announcers seemed confused to why the clock was running on an incomplete pass and never corrected themselves.

no he (Breon Pass) actually caught the ball  in the middle of a mob of players...had control and then lost the ball when he hit the ground.....that's why the clock kept running...he got the ball back......but it was a mass of confusion and the refs should have momentarily stopped the clock to unpile everyone....MH probably would have had time to run 1 or 2 plays after the punt was fielded ( the clock ran out as the MH player caught the ball at about his 30 yd line) if they had momentarily stopped it....................................

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ford2018 said:

Coming in the season quarterback for heritage was big question mark. Got to give Randolph credit, he played great, got better every week. After watching his performance against reidsville kid is a baller.

Our quarterback was outstanding he touched the ball 71 times and did not make one mistake I wish we would have came out throwing the ball I was hoping for a shootout I figured we would lose a low scoring game also was Aumiller healthy I did hear his name called he had been one of our best receiver this year it also hurt us not having Mashburn but anyway I'm proud of our boys they played like men Friday night

Joey Robinson in my opinion did his best coaching job with this team.  I have follow him since he has been the coach at heritage,  he has got better every year, notice last 2 seasons he is getting good at making halftime adjustments, 90 percent high school coaches suck at that.

On 12/7/2018 at 1:21 PM, ford2018 said:

Joey Robinson in my opinion did his best coaching job with this team.  I have follow him since he has been the coach at heritage,  he has got better every year, notice last 2 seasons he is getting good at making halftime adjustments, 90 percent high school coaches suck at that.

I agree 100 percent Joey is a great coach I don't think anybody expected MT Heritage to be an elite team this year but our boys played some damb good football I don't believe many people that post on here have a clue how hard it is to win ball games at MT HERITAGE we don't get the special kind of athletes like some schools do we have some really tough kids at Heritage I'm proud of what these boys accomplished this year and yes Joey Robinson is one of the very best high school football coaches I hope and pray he stays at Heritage I'm sure he's getting offers from other Schools could you amagine Joey coaching a team like Erwin with all the talent they have.I will say this about Joey you never here any fans saying he should have done this or should have done that nobody in Yancey Countie ever Questions what Joey Robinson does on the football field he is backed 100 percent by the people in Yancey Countie I've never heard a bad word said about the man and when we do lose a football game I've. never heard anybody blame Joey we all as football fans are lucky to have a man like Joey as our coach thank you Joey for what a damb good job you do as our football coach..

• Like 1