Sign in to follow this  
Chris Hughes

Carson head coaching position

Hampton can still take the job if offered.  Do not think the system would try to stop the hire if the school wants it.  I think their HR officer would recommend against stopping the hire from within the system.

On 1/7/2019 at 1:57 PM, Old ball coach said:

Well Christmas break has come and gone and still no head coach....The next board meeting is scheduled next week. But I wonder if the backlash from the community has caused them to rethink closing North and this would change them possibly hiring Ben Hampton from North....

The only one connecting the possible North closing with the Carson opening is you. Kinda wondering why....the only connection would be if Hampton sees the writing on the wall and looks for a better opportunity. But without being in his head I do not know that to be true and neither do you.

What I have heard is a decision will be made by the end of the month. There are 5 finalists.  Hampton is one....BTANGO referenced another in a previous post and 3 I am unaware of. To me it's a no brainier but for some strange reason I am not being consulted. I am waiting anxiously for a decision. For those in the know here throw this old dog a bone.... PM me if needed if you have any info😁

See? I even put a smiley face at the end!.

• Like 1

Daniel Crosby will do a great job!!  Local boy, football in his blood, and (best of all) super nice classy young man!!  So happy for him getting this opportunity.. Carson HS did good...

9 hours ago, Chris Hughes said:

This is a very solid hire for the Cougars. 

Agree Chris,, this is almost too easy to predict that he will probably coach Carson for the next 20-25 years, retire from there, and Carson football will be the best football program in Rowan County during his time there.. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1derpop said:

Agree Chris,, this is almost too easy to predict that he will probably coach Carson for the next 20-25 years, retire from there, and Carson football will be the best football program in Rowan County during his time there.. 

Unless South opened! 

Daniel Crosby will do a great job! He is a student of the game and has also become a good strength coach. He knows both sides of the ball which in my opinion is vital for a HC. He is enthusiastic and passionate about the sport and will foster great relationships with his players. I am very proud of him and excited for him. Chris you are the one who put me on to him my first year at CC and hiring him was a great decision.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think this will be great fit and that Daniel is ready for the challenge. He has had great mentors, paid attention, and will do things the right way. I think Carson wound up getting the right guy at the right time. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dkj said:

Daniel Crosby will do a great job! He is a student of the game and has also become a good strength coach. He knows both sides of the ball which in my opinion is vital for a HC. He is enthusiastic and passionate about the sport and will foster great relationships with his players. I am very proud of him and excited for him. Chris you are the one who put me on to him my first year at CC and hiring him was a great decision.

Coach Kiefer, I'm just glad you trusted me enough to take the chance on him.  I know I wasn't the best coach ever, but I was brought up around some very good ones, and feel like I have a pretty good handle on who's got it and who doesn't, and I knew Crosby had an "it" factor at a very young age, and knew he was hungry enough to go do the things it would take to be good. He's never been scared to ask for help, or to go out and study to learn what he needs to know, and it certainly helps that he came from a great football family, and has been immersed in this game from his earliest days in life. 

I don’t know anything about the new coach but from the sounds of him being a good hire, Carson could make things interesting in the NPC. Does anyone know what type of offense that may be used when he will be coaching. Or will it stay the same. 

11 hours ago, Vik-Val 86 said:

I don’t know anything about the new coach but from the sounds of him being a good hire, Carson could make things interesting in the NPC. Does anyone know what type of offense that may be used when he will be coaching. Or will it stay the same. 

Carson is about to become the best football program in Rowan County, in terms of class, stability and yes winning.  

• Like 1