Knights

Robbinsville Wrestling

Robbinsville 17-3

Robbinsville 51 -Rabun Gap 15

Robbinsville 54 -Smoky Mtn 22

Robbinsville placed 4th of 9 teams at the Davie County Invitationals(WarEagles)

TC Roberson 43- Robbinsville 33.

Robbinsville placed 5th of 10 teams at Enka Invitationals.

Robbinsville 40 at Fannin County GA 27

Robbinsville placed 4th at Falcon Frenzy

Robbinsville 58 Mitchell 19

Robbinsville 61 Hayesville 12

North Henderson 39 Robbinsville 19

Robbinsville placed 4th at Great Smoky Mountain Grapple At Asheville 

12/27 Holy Angels Charlotte

Robbinsville 71 Murphy 12

Robbinsville placed 1st at Enka Duals Tourney.

Robbinsville(69) over Madison(09) at Enka

Robbinsville(78) over Erwin(00) at Enka 

R.C. Central(40) over Robbinsville(33) at Enka

Robbinsville(42) over Avery(34)at Enka

Robbinsville(39) over Enka(27) at Enka

Robbinsville 66 Cherokee 15

Robbinsville 58 Rosman 11

Robbinsville 72 Andrews 12

Robbinsville 60 Rosman 23

Robbinsville placed 1st at TheJames Orr Memorial Invitational (The Far West)at Robbinsville 

Robbinsville 43 Swain 21

Robbinsville is the SMC Tournament Champs. 

1/30 1st round Robbinsville 51 Mitchell 26.

1/30 2nd round Robbinsville 54 Allegheny 20.

1/31 3rd/4th Round Dual Team Playoff.

2/2 Dual Team State Championship.

• Like 2

On 11/23/2018 at 10:32 PM, Appvol said:

You guys need to keep an eye on a kid at Avery that’s a Freshman. Ethan Shell. 

What is his weight class?

Avery is the home of Eddie Clark of Newton-Conover and Mark Bentley of App State. I remember when they were the top of wrestling schools in 1A/2A. 

113 Ethan has won the 2 tournaments he has been in so far. I wrestled at the same time Eddy did. I was on the 92 team that finished 2nd in the state. 

On 11/26/2018 at 9:13 PM, Appvol said:

113 Ethan has won the 2 tournaments he has been in so far. I wrestled at the same time Eddy did. I was on the 92 team that finished 2nd in the state. 

Newton-Conover has been blessed to have Eddy Clark as a coach. The kids love him. Eddy doesn’t micro manage kids, starts and stops practices on time, gives parents the schedule, and treats kids in a way that keeps them coming into the program.

Clark was a state champion, national all american, and wrested for App State.

Edited by GDG

2 hours ago, Bonecollector said:

Knights, any update on the match? My son is wrestling and I couldn’t make the trip.

I didnt know but Robbinsville Wrestling Facebook was live tonight with the matches. You can still watch it.

We had a fourth rd football season and dont seems to be in wrestling shape just yet. Did Robbinsville forfeit any? We have been forfeiting one of the lower weight classes all season. 

7 minutes ago, Knights said:

We had a fourth rd football season and dont seems to be in wrestling shape just yet. Did Robbinsville forfeit any? We have been forfeiting one of the lower weight classes all season. 

Robbinsville forefeited 126 and we forefeited 120. Everyone else wrestled. Robbinsville wound up winning the tournament by beating us and Enka. They lost a close one to RS Central. We came in 3rd with close losses to you and Enka. We beat RS in the last match. 

On 1/5/2019 at 3:06 PM, Viking_fan said:

Robbinsville beat Avery at the Enka duals 42-34. It was very competitive and came down to the last match. I hope we get to see a rematch in the playoffs. 

This was the first match after we lost one of our better kids. 

Looks like Robbinsville did really good in the consolation rounds.Avery had 4 win it and 3 finished 2nd. Robbinsville had 2 win it and 2 finish 2nd. Robbinsville had 7 in the consolation finals with 6 getting 3rd. 

1st Robbinsville 169.5

2nd Avery 157

I noticed Avery still didnt cover 120.

Robbinsville has all weight classes covered now. The first time Avery and RVille wrestled we didn't cover 126. Our HW didnt wrestle in the J.Orr but he will be back soon. Hopefully Tuesday as we wrestle Swain for the SMC.

3 hours ago, Knights said:

I noticed Avery still didnt cover 120.

Robbinsville has all weight classes covered now. The first time Avery and RVille wrestled we didn't cover 126. Our HW didnt wrestle in the J.Orr but he will be back soon. Hopefully Tuesday as we wrestle Swain for the SMC.

We still haven’t been able to cover 120. That’ll really hurt if we meet in the playoffs. 

I would think it really doesn't matter at 126. Avery should more than likely win 106,113, and 126. With the forfiet at 120 the fun would start after 126. 

Avery should win most the light weights. 

I think Avery win easy. 

I hope its avery vs Swain abd Robbinsville vs Mt Airy. It would suck for Avery/Robbinsville to wrestle first.

7 minutes ago, Knights said:

Avery should win most the light weights. 

I think Avery win easy. 

I hope its avery vs Swain abd Robbinsville vs Mt Airy. It would suck for Avery/Robbinsville to wrestle first.

It is Avery vs Swain and Robbinsville vs Mount Airy looking at the brackets on NCHSAA.