BlueDevilsBiggestFan

West Caldwell

I am beginning to think the school don't want football and,if I had a football player at my old school now I would be doing everything in my power to get him somewhere else. West Caldwell is now officially a joke in football and from what I hear every other sport too. Truth is they (West) have a leadership problem and if I am wrong someone prove it. Sorry facts show truth. 

12 hours ago, bigdawg_33 said:

Hearing possibly Mike Biggerstaff coaching again and could be the next HC at WC. 

Anyone else heard this or anything else?

yeah, Not a chance.

Mike is 70+ years old and if you know him you know that rebuilding isn't his thing he wants to win immediately.

33 minutes ago, Hibriten said:

yeah, Not a chance.

Mike is 70+ years old and if you know him you know that rebuilding isn't his thing he wants to win immediately.

He is 70. I'm thinking the same thing, unless this is a temporary fill in till next year. Hell who knows. This has been the biggest secret of the off season in the state 

News Flash: No one wants this job, that's the secret.  That's why they have not hired anyone.  Good Luck Warriors!!

5 hours ago, LNWC said:

News Flash: No one wants this job, that's the secret.  That's why they have not hired anyone.  Good Luck Warriors!!

I can assure you that lack of interest was not a factor in this search or coaching hire.  I am told an announcement will be made on Thursday and if the name I was told is correct, I am trilled.

1 hour ago, WolfWarrior said:

I can assure you that lack of interest was not a factor in this search or coaching hire.  I am told an announcement will be made on Thursday and if the name I was told is correct, I am trilled.

I'm so sorry( laughing inside ) but that has been said over and over. Next Thursday then it never happens. I really don't think it will happen, but good luck with that.  My old school is just out of wack now a days. I follow them and come back for some games but I think this year I will stay down here near Charlotte where they care about sports and make it fun for the students. I have lost faith in the leadership of my old school. 

West Caldwell was good in the 80s under Mike Biggerstaff. The best West Caldwell team might have been 1987. If this is true. That's almost like Mack Brown returning to North Carolina. Best of Luck to the West Caldwell football program.

17 hours ago, Warriorfan said:

I'm so sorry( laughing inside ) but that has been said over and over. Next Thursday then it never happens. I really don't think it will happen, but good luck with that.  My old school is just out of wack now a days. I follow them and come back for some games but I think this year I will stay down here near Charlotte where they care about sports and make it fun for the students. I have lost faith in the leadership of my old school. 

Mr. Styron has been there less than one year and is doing an amazing job of changing the culture.  Not doubt about it, the football program is at a low place but the person that will be announced today at 1:20 will be a huge step toward that goal or returning our alma mater to what it once was.  It wont occur easily but I believe in the leaders we have, I believe in our young men and I believe in the one who will be named our new head coach today.  If you really do care about West Caldwell and the community, I hope you will support them regardless.

46 minutes ago, WolfWarrior said:

Mr. Styron has been there less than one year and is doing an amazing job of changing the culture.  Not doubt about it, the football program is at a low place but the person that will be announced today at 1:20 will be a huge step toward that goal or returning our alma mater to what it once was.  It wont occur easily but I believe in the leaders we have, I believe in our young men and I believe in the one who will be named our new head coach today.  If you really do care about West Caldwell and the community, I hope you will support them regardless.

First I support the community and I pull for the young men that play there. I watch one down here at NC Elite camp every Sunday and that young man gives it every thing he has. I have NO support for the leadership at West cause they left those young men hanging. So please don't ever think I don't support our kids cause they deserve better then what I have seen from the leadership mainly when it comes to football. So yes I hope things change but until I see the leadership care for our young football players it is hard for me to support that leadship. Maybe they (Leadership) will change my mind. I hold that hope. 

Give Styron a chance he cares about West Caldwell football. You just don’t know all the factors he’s had to deal with. I believe he will get the job done and get the football program headed in the right direction.

I heard the announcement was going to be Friday morning. But, today works too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just hope these young men get someone in there to put some discipline in the system and make these guys stronger and better! 

• Like 1

I’m sure Biggerstaff is a quality guy but let’s face it, this was a position filled without quality applicants. Reeks of desperation when you hire someone who will not be long term at his age and out of the game for a long time. And I find it hard to believe he is coming back to teach and recruit the halls. Best of luck Warriors and Biggerstaff. Certainly a uphill battle given the bleeding of transfers.

He might be just coaching not teaching!!Sounds like they never had a teaching job open for a coach! Just glad for the kids they have some one now!! This has been a strange job opening for sure!!

While I know some will not be happy with this hire but 

This gives WC a coach for Now and maybe he start building a BETTER foundation for the program n maybe that will attract more coach if he like 2-3 year type deal with Biggerstaff........ Also a added plus is He use to the Area and He use to the teams in a sense but I think could help WC get better but will see what happens n for the future 

6 hours ago, BlueDevilsBiggestFan said:

I was told by a Reliable source that : West Caldwell didnt do any interviews and They did in fact NOT have a teacher opening at the school 

That is what was holding them up the whole time looks like!!Sounds like they did the best they could do without a teaching job open!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EBborn1911 said:

That is what was holding them up the whole time looks like!!Sounds like they did the best they could do without a teaching job open!!

School boards shift teachers to other schools all the time to accomplish goals. You have to ask yourself why not the effort at West Caldwell? I’ve seen 12 teacher and principal in a small system in one year. Can Caldwell County not think out of the box? When you sign a contract they don’t guarantee a school, only a job.

On 4/17/2019 at 8:43 AM, LNWC said:

That is not true.  There were several qualified and experienced head coaches who continuously called me asking what was going on with this job in hopes of getting an interview.  I think given the move the 2A, the great facilities, great part of the state to live in, and working for a football coach principal, this had the makings of a very attractive job.