BlueDevilsBiggestFan

West Caldwell

Well well well, I love my old school but now I am starting to lose faith in the leadership at the school when it comes to the football program. West ruled football for years and I know there is talent there now. I have saw the young running back ( who's dad I talk to ) they have and I wouldnt blame the for looking elsewhere saw a young lineman down here at camps working hard but dang if they don't get a coach soon why should they stay.      Come on West 

One poster suggested dropping FB. That never works because the FB revenue supports all the other non revenue sports. Lose this revenue and the other non revenue sports disappear as well.

• Confused 1

Well 6 days later from my last post and West still nothing on a coach.  I feel so sorry for those young men there. I really think leadership is a problem. But that from an old man so what do I know. I think I am going to start pulling for Moutain Island chapter school. Dang come on West. 

I think there is about to be even more of a shakeup in that county in the next coming day or so.... at least that's the rumblings I'm hearing. 

Chris I hope your right. I feel like West will already be behind the 8 ball this season cause of the lack of leadership. I mean most schools like around here are getting spring workouts going. Just kills me bud.   

6 minutes ago, Football Pride said:

I am hearing Hibriten's Head Coach is going to Chesnee High School in South Carolina.

Wow! I could see that happening. His son plays in SC at the Citadel.

Clay has his years in and I think his youngest graduates this year?

Might as well double dip and get the SC pay as well.....Hopefully Mackey is next in line.

7 minutes ago, Hibriten said:

Clay has his years in and I think his youngest graduates this year?

Might as well double dip and get the SC pay as well.....Hopefully Mackey is next in line.

No, his youngest is a sophomore this year, a rising JR.

On 11/14/2018 at 12:45 AM, BlueDevilsBiggestFan said:

@GDG This maybe a dumb question but

Teams that really struggle in sports weather its football or soccer or whatever it maybe.  Would Dropping that Sport be beneficial -like example South Davidson they are a very small school n aren't too great at football but they are good in some sports so why not Focus on the Sports that work for that school? 

Yes , ik this isn't ideal n all but just curious if this could be a option or not - i mean look at Statesville Christian (Yes ik they are private) they added football but tbh it hasn't been as successful as Basketball or other sports **Note: Yes they did win state title but Idk if they will ever be competitive again with all the changes and everything**

I dont know about dropping a sport but I do know some places wont allow a sport. Look at Whiteville City Schools. They have had push to start a lacrosse program there but been denied due to fear of pulling from the baseball program. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Football Pride said:

I am hearing Hibriten's Head Coach is going to Chesnee High School in South Carolina.

I think he's gone. From what I've heard and found out today you are correct.

Sam Mackey has that job wrapped up when Lewis does leave. 

If this is the case then no step back for hibriten   Coach mackey would be a great coach and would continue to teach the kids the same as clay, and chuck.  Looks like another great coach may be moving on, if so congrats clay,, and good luck to sam!!

8 hours ago, PACKDRUM said:

I dont know about dropping a sport but I do know some places wont allow a sport. Look at Whiteville City Schools. They have had push to start a lacrosse program there but been denied due to fear of pulling from the baseball program. 

i would give a longer response but im sure ill get bashed over it bc im sure more will disagree but anyway Got ya  

15 hours ago, HIBRITEN92 said:

If this is the case then no step back for hibriten   Coach mackey would be a great coach and would continue to teach the kids the same as clay, and chuck.  Looks like another great coach may be moving on, if so congrats clay,, and good luck to sam!!

I am sure they will hire within Coach Mackey would be great!!

I think the new coach at West Caldwell will be the former Fred T Foard coach Derrick Minor. Just a thought what does everyone think.

Not hearing a lot of names.

1 minute ago, Warrior56592 said:

I think the new coach at West Caldwell will be the former Fred T Foard coach Derrick Minor. Just a thought what does everyone think.

That's the one I'm hoping for!

7 hours ago, bigdawg_33 said:

That's the one I'm hoping for!

7 hours ago, Warrior56592 said:

Talking with him , I know he has gotten a bit inpatient with this n he has maybe been offered other jobs but I think he still would be interested but IDK tho i mean that would be him and gods decision so I cant speak for him and also i havent talked to him a couple weeks so