BlueDevilsBiggestFan

West Caldwell

59 minutes ago, bigdawg_33 said:

Several times it been posted they are waiting on a teaching position to come available to be able to hire someone. 

Soon as that spot opens up, they will hire one! Understand? 🤔😂

Well Why is it taking so long!? 

Ik that it’s driving coaches away from this job so the longer it take the few options they have so ! Yes WE UNDERSTAND that they need a teaching job opening but Why is it so difficult getting it done to get someone in there bc like a Coach told me This Hurts Off season n Weightroom stuff for a New coach so 

at this Rate: They will be better off Hiring someone from within If this job doesn’t hire someone in the next month 

The school board has to fund a new position if they don't have something to hire a new coach with. Or, wait til previous coach leaves his PE spot. It is easier to make something happen in smaller communities if the football coach is a high priority. Such as in a county with one High School they can sometimes make things happen quicker. But, Caldwell County isn't exactly a hotbed for football like say K-Town where they could create a position quickly to hire a coach. I guess you could put Mooresville in that category too. 😁

Well here we are Feb. 26 2019 and still nothing about a coach for my old school. I am afarid this along is going to set us back more years. Whats up with this ?    

On 2/20/2019 at 9:34 PM, Chris Hughes said:

The previous coach did not occupy a P.E. position, he is EC. 

He was listed as PE, and a coach at school told me he was in PE. 

On 2/27/2019 at 8:42 AM, Steelers71 said:

He was listed as PE, and a coach at school told me he was in PE. 

No, he's not a teacher. Which puzzels me cause they wont start the process till he's gone, but hearing they are having to wait on a teaching position to open up. 

Dont make sense to me but what do we know. We are just parents and fans.....waiting!

Sounds like a cluster to me. I think this was the first job open after the season, and 3 months later still no coach? No wonder kids go to across town.

• Like 1

I feel bad for the kids and This hurt any development time u have currently and it could affect Spring ball as well bc ur rushing to fit everything in n make adjust n etc to get it right before the season starts n all that 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HHS2003BEAM said:

Should have never fired Holeman if there wasn't going to be an opening. At least they could have had an off season plan in place.

I thought the same thing myself. But it was really outta WC hands reason for him being let go. Im not going into details about that cause its not really my place to say. I really liked Coach Holman and hate it for him. He's a good man and I'm sure he'll find a good spot where ever he ends up. I made some stupid remarks about the AD after being misled on the situation. It may take a couple more weeks but I believe they will hire a good coach. The sooner the better! Not long till spring!!!

• Like 1

I think the hiring process is about to get started here in about a week, there was some circumstances that had to play out first.  I think the wheels will start to move quicker now. 

2 hours ago, Chris Hughes said:

I think the hiring process is about to get started here in about a week, there was some circumstances that had to play out first.  I think the wheels will start to move quicker now. 

I think so to. Been hearing several possibilities but thats normal. Hope it's someone who can come in and turn it around. 

This may be the worst 3A  job in the state and the first job opened after the season. And they still don't have a coach named?! Wow. Do they really care about football at all? This is just sad now. 

6 minutes ago, Steelers71 said:

This may be the worst 3A  job in the state and the first job opened after the season. And they still don't have a coach named?! Wow. Do they really care about football at all? This is just sad now. 

It's actually a 2A job. WC is dropping to 2A starting the 19/20 school year.

6 minutes ago, Steelers71 said:

I don't think this is a bad job, I think they have a chance to be a pretty decent 2A team this year with the right coach. 

8 minutes ago, bigdawg_33 said:

It's actually a 2A job. WC is dropping to 2A starting the 19/20 school year.

You're right. i know they are dropping down to 2A. Still obvious the school and/or county don't care to do anything for this program. This is entirely too long for a coach to be named. Kids need a leader. Beyond time to get something done.

10 minutes ago, Chris Hughes said:

I don't think this is a bad job, I think they have a chance to be a pretty decent 2A team this year with the right coach. 

Chris, you think everybody is going to be good. Everybody has the potential to be good with the right leader and work ethic. But, these kids are behind the 8 ball after having a terrible season and now without a leader for the better part of 4 months.

2 minutes ago, Steelers71 said:

Chris, you think everybody is going to be good. Everybody has the potential to be good with the right leader and work ethic. But, these kids are behind the 8 ball after having a terrible season and now without a leader for the better part of 4 months.

Not everyone my friend, some teams have very little shot of ever being good, and we unfortunately know that.  I just know about the 7th & 8th grade talent coming up, and assuming they can get someone in before those parents move their kids, the sky is looking up. 

I personally think West can win 5-6 games this year. 

• Like 1

1 thing I'm not understanding. I've been told ( 3 weeks ago) they are waiting on a teaching position to come open. As soon as Holman leaves the process will start. Holman is not a teacher. Not making sense! Heard he found a job and was leaving but he's still there.