Sign in to follow this  
Schmo

Hickory at Alexander Central

Alexander Central (8-2) will host Hickory (5-5) at 7pm tonight in Taylorsville.  You can listen to the game live online at

www.860wacb.com

AC struggled early and Hickory did very well but gotten worn down late n also Hickory 2 questionable play calls 1 early , 1late and A lot a penalties n there a few turnovers 

Good game over all but Hickory looked really good for most of game until late 

Game really changed in Alexander Central's favor with a safety in the third quarter.  Cougars dominated the fourth quarter.  AC did a good job keeping Cody Young in check and finish the regular season 9-2.  We'll see where they end up in the playoffs.  It was the most civil game ever between the two schools that I've seen.  Good sportsmanship by both teams, it was refreshing to see it.  Hickory, let's face it has had the reputation of sometimes being a bit less than classy but they were true sportsmen in this one. Good game, hard fought,  but the Cougar defense was the difference.   

8 hours ago, Schmo said:

Game really changed in Alexander Central's favor with a safety in the third quarter.  Cougars dominated the fourth quarter.  AC did a good job keeping Cody Young in check and finish the regular season 9-2.  We'll see where they end up in the playoffs.  It was the most civil game ever between the two schools that I've seen.  Good sportsmanship by both teams, it was refreshing to see it.  Hickory, let's face it has had the reputation of sometimes being a bit less than classy but they were true sportsmen in this one. Good game, hard fought,  but the Cougar defense was the difference.   

The in game statement made by yourself and your partner show all the class in the world as well. "Culture" difference is always referenced when you play the "urban" teams. Trust me when I say, when and if you get to Heaven there will be people outside of your beautiful county there to greet you as well. Good luck to your one dimensional Cougars as they enter the playoffs. Coach Stone has done a great job with the talent he has had to work with and it showed last night  in their effort.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CHEERDUCK said:

The in game statement made by yourself and your partner show all the class in the world as well. "Culture" difference is always referenced when you play the "urban" teams. Trust me when I say, when and if you get to Heaven there will be people outside of your beautiful county there to greet you as well. Good luck to your one dimensional Cougars as they enter the playoffs. Coach Stone has done a great job with the talent he has had to work with and it showed last night  in their effort.

*mic drop*

Well said Cheerduck, Well said! We'll all get to sit back and watch the mighty cooters lose in the first round....again.

Here my take;

Idk how they kept Cody Young in check as there were times in the 1st half - the RBs would be in backfield n should lose 5 yards but gain 10 bc AC didnt wrap up -- 1st half AC counldnt tackle. 
Also Hickory really impressed me , Imo there were some of the better team if they didnt have the mistakes they did 

AC -- They passed 8 times n completed 4 and they nice passes but they need do that a bit more -- There RUN game isnt as explosive as when Bryson was here and such. I think there more ground and pounded then going to the outside. AC best 2 defenders were Cockrell and Chapman. 

AS Mention above the Safety really changed the Momentum back to AC n Hickory gotten worn down in late 3rd n all of 4th Qtr! 

Idk if AC win their 1st round match up esp being 3AA! 

2 minutes ago, BlueDevilsBiggestFan said:

Here my take;

Idk how they kept Cody Young in check as there were times in the 1st half - the RBs would be in backfield n should lose 5 yards but gain 10 bc AC didnt wrap up -- 1st half AC counldnt tackle. 
Also Hickory really impressed me , Imo there were some of the better team if they didnt have the mistakes they did 

AC -- They passed 8 times n completed 4 and they nice passes but they need do that a bit more -- There RUN game isnt as explosive as when Bryson was here and such. I think there more ground and pounded then going to the outside. AC best 2 defenders were Cockrell and Chapman. 

AS Mention above the Safety really changed the Momentum back to AC n Hickory gotten worn down in late 3rd n all of 4th Qtr! 

Idk if AC win their 1st round match up esp being 3AA! 

Ac didn't throw the ball until the 3rd string sophomore qb came in. I would start him going forward. Ac is nowhere near as explosive as when Godfrey and Gunner were there.  #23 Montgomery is their homerun back but he can't stay healthy. He missed from 2nd qt on last night

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, stizz49 said:

Ac didn't throw the ball until the 3rd string sophomore qb came in. I would start him going forward. Ac is nowhere near as explosive as when Godfrey and Gunner were there.  #23 Montgomery is their homerun back but he can't stay healthy. He missed from 2nd qt on last night

Ik i was there -- they think he pulled a muscle 

I would like to think #8 would get the start at QB for the cougars in the playoffs seemed to spark the offense and give the whole team energy. The cougar front seven on defense has been solid all year last night poor tackling and QB bootlegs gave them the biggest trouble