Sign in to follow this  
MooresvilleDevil06

Latest 4A/4AA playoff projections

Rate this topic

17 hours ago, MooresvilleDevil06 said:

Here are HSOT’s latest playoff projections using the newest ADM numbers..

http://www.highschoolot.com/4a-4aa-football-playoff-projections/17922574/

4AA West....... ouch.

If you haven't read the article in the link, it is a good read.  Especially for those of us out of the loop for a while.  Seems to be as fair a way as possible to get the right teams seeded in the right place.  There will always be some hiccups, but at least it is as formula based as you can get and seems to take some of the human element out of decision making leaving the stats to speak for themselves. To me at least.  Just a brutal 4AA West bracket though.  Hard to argue the eventual champion will not come from that bracket.  

To the 4A West bracket with Mooresville seeded 5th, at least for now that seems like a good seed for Mooresville.  Lots closer to the top than I thought.  Good to see teams are rewarded and not penalized for playing in a tough conference.  Finish 4th in your conference and get a 5 seed is pretty good.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BlueDevil89 said:

If you haven't read the article in the link, it is a good read.  Especially for those of us out of the loop for a while.  Seems to be as fair a way as possible to get the right teams seeded in the right place.  There will always be some hiccups, but at least it is as formula based as you can get and seems to take some of the human element out of decision making leaving the stats to speak for themselves. To me at least.  Just a brutal 4AA West bracket though.  Hard to argue the eventual champion will not come from that bracket.  

To the 4A West bracket with Mooresville seeded 5th, at least for now that seems like a good seed for Mooresville.  Lots closer to the top than I thought.  Good to see teams are rewarded and not penalized for playing in a tough conference.  Finish 4th in your conference and get a 5 seed is pretty good.

Crazy to think that the 4th place team will have an 8-3 record. Speaks to the overall strength of the I-Meck. I agree if we infact end up a 5 seed that’s fair. Idk what other scenarios that could change that are in play but I’m happy either way. 

Reagan just got bumped down to 4A with Hoggard's ADM moving up to 2102.  That shift down also causes Scotland to head to the 4A East and makes Hoggard the #2 seed in the 4AA East.  4AA West gets stronger with Pinecrest heading West along with Richmond....next couple of nights could shift seeds!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Eagles 1313 said:

Reagan just got bumped down to 4A with Hoggard's ADM moving up to 2102.  That shift down also causes Scotland to head to the 4A East and makes Hoggard the #2 seed in the 4AA East.  4AA West gets stronger with Pinecrest heading West along with Richmond....next couple of nights could shift seeds!!

All the 4AA East schools on this projection have higher totals than Hoggard’s 2102. Reagan has a lower number than Hoggard. 

Simmons has projection up with the adjusted adm of hoggard figured in. 

Hoggard the 2 in the 4aa east. Richmond and Pinecrest in the west 4aa. 

Scotland in the 4a east. Reagan  to the 4a west. 

this projection has Creek 1 and Rich 2, does he think creek

pASSES Richmond on the adjusted or their probable 10-0 has

priority over 10-1, I guess he could be using his ratings????

Simmons is thinking that if MC beats Mville ( 8-2) they pass Richmond who plays 3-7 Purnell Swett. I agree with that assumption.

as long as vance wins it appears top 4 should be

Richmond, creek, butler. vance  in some order

wildcard here is hough, one of these will draw hough (provided they win round 1)

in their first game after bye round 1.   or hough 4 and vance the wild card

That's a mighty tough 3 games for that team..

Its a brutal bracket anyway you break it down. Silly compared to the East. I feel pretty confident that the 8th or 10th seed Vance/Hough or North Meck could beat the #2 seed in the East. That said sooner or later you gotta beat a quality team. Everyone is high on Richmond. If they can beat a Hough, Butler, MC threesome they have earned it. As far as MC goes they havent lost a home playoff game since 2010 but have also won plenty of regional finals on the road as  well. ( East Forsyth, LKN)