Jump to content

tarheelg61581

Updated 2A/2AA Bracketology with new ADM numbers

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Yes, read the parenthetical details beside all four of those.....ED (2AAE) and Clinton/JK/WRH (2AE) are going to stay in the same bracket but they could change tiers....the spot I projected them is based on their current ranking/rating, and showing what happens if the favorites win this week (ED over WRH and Clinton over JK)....we all know once those games start, the power rating doesn't matter, but those will be easy adjustments to seeds once we get the final scores....they won't cause any shifts in 2A/2AA and E/W, or affect who's in or out of the playoffs....unless any of these teams (or others projected among the 64 currently in) get into a knock down drag out brawl and have a lot of ejections and can't go to the playoffs, hopefully they'll avoid any stupidity

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really Appreciate the hard work and thought put in to your projections! Being an observer of Randolph, Davidson and Triad football mostly. I have noticed on the other board that a discussion between Reidsville and Randleman. I just want to go ahead and throw this out there. I know the Ledford played Randleman tough but I will tell you that don't overlook that Wheatmore team. They lost 28-14 to Randleman but Wheatmore did not have their starting RB that has averaged over 130 yards a game and had three turnovers inside the twenty going in to score. I am not saying that Wheatmore would of won with their RB in the game but he has looked good since returning. Wheatmore defense is very good with a balanced offense now. They might be a tough out in playoffs. I just wanted to go on record about them. I have not seen Reidsville but I know their schedule is not very tough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, but of course Wheatmore needs to take care of business against Providence Grove this week to lock up that very high seed......only to get to play Providence Grove again in the 1st Rd....unless PG jumps over Patton or drops below Owen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, PAC7FAN said:

Really Appreciate the hard work and thought put in to your projections! Being an observer of Randolph, Davidson and Triad football mostly. I have noticed on the other board that a discussion between Reidsville and Randleman. I just want to go ahead and throw this out there. I know the Ledford played Randleman tough but I will tell you that don't overlook that Wheatmore team. They lost 28-14 to Randleman but Wheatmore did not have their starting RB that has averaged over 130 yards a game and had three turnovers inside the twenty going in to score. I am not saying that Wheatmore would of won with their RB in the game but he has looked good since returning. Wheatmore defense is very good with a balanced offense now. They might be a tough out in playoffs. I just wanted to go on record about them. I have not seen Reidsville but I know their schedule is not very tough. 

 

Yeah reidsville has only been to back to back state championships. And who exactly did Wheatmore schedule in non conference 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kms51 said:

 

Yeah reidsville has only been to back to back state championships 

I never said they were not good or haven't been good. I haven't seen them this year but the teams they played this year are not very good. Congrats on the back to back state Championships! I have seen Randleman, Ledford and Wheatmore play the post was more focused on those teams. I brought up Reidsville due to the other post I was looking at was talking about Randleman and Reidsville. Again, I just would not sleep on Wheatmore not saying they will win it just watched them before their RB was playing and after. Randleman has a good team but it could have been different with that RB playing. I hope for some good games no matter who is in it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just took a look at the schedule Wheatmore played.  Compared to Reidsville.

The Rams played 3 NC 3a teams, including a much improved Morehead team.  A VA 3a team.   2 large 4a teams.   NW Guilford has 3x more students.  

Common opponents were BY and HPA.  Reidsville didn't allow a point by either and the game was over in the 2nd quarter.

To very honest, I'm not happy that Reidsville might be a 2 seed.   Not sure how far we'll advance, but the adjusted maxpreps ranking is BS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your right Cagle. As long as the Red Raiders don't have to face a spread, primarily passing team, I think they have more than a 50/50 chance. I'm not sure our boys could cover me on a pass route,  I'm 59 years old.  Just kidding, They are no where near that bad but a pass rush sure would make the secondary look better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SPRaiders78 said:

Your right Cagle. As long as the Red Raiders don't have to face a spread, primarily passing team, I think they have more than a 50/50 chance. I'm not sure our boys could cover me on a pass route,  I'm 59 years old.  Just kidding, They are no where near that bad but a pass rush sure would make the secondary look better.

How good are you guys at stopping the run on defense?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, sportsbroadcaster1 said:

How good are you guys at stopping the run on defense?

That's where they shine. There aren't too many teams that will run outside consistently or successfuly. Hibriten may be that "few". Speed kills.  If you send him up the middle, he will usually be greeted by at least one d-lineman and a couple linebackers.

Again not saying they can't or won't  beat a passing team but their odds are much better against the run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, SPRaiders78 said:

That's where they shine. There aren't too many teams that will run outside consistently or successfuly. Hibriten may be that "few". Speed kills.  If you send him up the middle, he will usually be greeted by at least one d-lineman and a couple linebackers.

Again not saying they can't or won't  beat a passing team but their odds are much better against the run.

It's should be an interesting matchup if SP play against MP. But who knows SP might not face in the first round. And as you rightly said we will all find out on Saturday morning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

South Point needs 2 more wins to assure their 8th consecutive 10+ win season. I'm sure there are a few other 2A teams that can claim a record similar to that but I'll bet not many. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think this group has the talent to win it all but continuing the 10+ game per year winning streak is definitely a goal worth of pursuing. Of course that would put them in a third round game, at that point who knows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×