Reynoldsrocks23

ADM's are out!

My understanding is no, the cut off between large and small will depend on which teams are going in. Same with East vs West. Sounds like they kinda decide who is in, then they decide big vs small and East vs West. At least that the way it was explained to me. As someone said on another thread, I don't know very much about the goings on over at the NCHSAA headquarters. I did just see something that said they are headquarter in Chapel Hill.

That starts to explain my dislike for em.😁

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SPRaiders78 said:

My understanding is no, the cut off between large and small will depend on which teams are going in. Same with East vs West. Sounds like they kinda decide who is in, then they decide big vs small and East vs West. At least that the way it was explained to me. As someone said on another thread, I don't know very much about the goings on over at the NCHSAA headquarters. I did just see something that said they are headquarter in Chapel Hill.

That starts to explain my dislike for em.😁

That is correct.  As of right now the cutoff would be between Northwest Cabarrus and Ashebrook, depending on whose projections you look at.  There are still a few games this week that could adjust that number.  If Monroe becomes eligible to make it, then Northwest would go big.

Northwest Cabarrus looks to be going LOW  3A.They actually lost 53 students this year which really blows my mind.1325 last year to 1272 this year.I thought that area of Cabarrus county was really growing fast.The 3A West bracket really looks tough with Catholic,Hunter Huss,and NWC. Then you have Havelock down east.This makes for some great games in the coming weeks.

• Like 1

Teams qualify for the playoffs.

Teams listed by enrollment 1-64.

32 largest are 1AA.  32 smallest are 1A.

Need to see who qualifies before you can determine the exact cutoff.  A team may not qualify and that will push a school to 1AA that would have been small 1A.

• Thanks 1

Here is what the playoff in Big 3A are going to be 

1  NW Cabarrus  11-0

16 Ashbrook 5-6

8 Cox Mill 8-3

9 Parkland 10-1

5 South Iredell 6-5*

12 Marvin Ridge 6-5*

4 Mt Tabor 7-4

13 Asheville 7-4

3 AC Renyolds 10-1

14 SW Guilford 8-3*

6 Weddington 10-1

10 Central Cabarrus 8-3

7 Erwin 9-1

11 Sun Valley 9-2*

2 Watauga 11-0

15 AL Brown  6-5

* Projected

5 minutes ago, Mustang sally said:

1  NW Cabarrus 

16 Ashbrook

8 cox Mill

9 Parkland

5 South Iredell

12 Marvin Ridge

4 Mt Tabor

13 Asheville

3 AC Renyolds

14 SW Guilford

6 Weddington

10 Central Cabarrus

7 Erwin

11 Sun Valley

2 Watauga

15 AL Brown 

Are you not going by the NCHSAA adjusted Maxpreps ranking?

1 NW Cabarrus

2 Weddington

3 Watauga

4 Erwin

5 AC Reynolds

6 Cox Mill

7 Parkland

8 Sun Valley

9 Central Cabarrus

10 Mount Tabor

11 Marvin Ridge

12 SW Guilford

13 Asheville

14 AL Brown

15 South Iredell

16 Ashbrook

17 minutes ago, Mustang sally said:

1  NW Cabarrus  11-0

16 Ashbrook 5-6

8 Cox Mill 8-3

9 Parkland 10-1

5 South Iredell 6-5*

12 Marvin Ridge 6-5*

4 Mt Tabor 7-4

13 Asheville 7-4

3 AC Renyolds 10-1

14 SW Guilford 8-3*

6 Weddington 10-1

10 Central Cabarrus 8-3

7 Erwin 9-1

11 Sun Valley 9-2*

2 Watauga 11-0

15 AL Brown  6-5

* Projected

Also 6 plays 11 seed and 7 plays 10 seed.

3 minutes ago, Wolfpack91 said:

Are you not going by the NCHSAA adjusted Maxpreps ranking?

1 NW Cabarrus

2 Weddington

3 Watauga

4 Erwin

5 AC Reynolds

6 Cox Mill

7 Parkland

8 Sun Valley

9 Central Cabarrus

10 Mount Tabor

11 Marvin Ridge

12 SW Guilford

13 Asheville

14 AL Brown

15 South Iredell

16 Ashbrook

You still seed by conference finish first. The 1’s will be seeded,  then the 2’s will be seeded, the Asheville because they are the only 3 seed to get automatic big because they come from 9 team conference, then wild cards.

Just now, Mustang sally said:

Who will Asheville Jump

Asheville will be the 10 seed based. On your projections. Sun Valley is the first wild card, so they will be one spot above them. Sun Valley should be above CC.

Don't forget that te percentages are 20-30-30-20. These will determine what brackets teams are in. Plus the fact that there are only a certain no. of qualifiers.

29 minutes ago, Glenn said:

Don't forget that te percentages are 20-30-30-20. These will determine what brackets teams are in. Plus the fact that there are only a certain no. of qualifiers.

In 3A 64 teams make the playoffs, half will go large and half will go small, 20-30-30-20 doesn’t affect this.

In 3A 64 teams make the playoffs, half will go large and half will go small, 20-30-30-20 doesn’t affect this.

You are corrrect. My point is it does affect the size of the teams in those 30-30 brackets. An example is that last year we were a final 4 team in the east. The other 3 teams were all in the 4A brackets the previous year. They all had ADM numbers that were much larger than ours. What we probably need is a system like SC in which the 16 largest schools have a separate playoff. This solves a lot of ADM problems. My solution assuming we continue to use the same playoff system is to allow schools to play stay in their conferences but for playoff purposes, they lump all the schools together in a list according to their ADM numbers. Then separate them into 4 groups (25% in each group) and then determine who plays who. It does not matter if you were a 3A school during the regular season, you will play in the playoff bracket according to your enrollment. A team may be in a 3A bracket during the year but play in a 4A bracket during the playoffs. This would remedy those situations where a team had 1000 students during the first year of realignment but 4 years later their enrollment jumped to 1600 or went down to 600. This would be even better than realigning ever 2 years because it would take care of enrollment problems every year. 

22 hours ago, 71K said:

Northwest Cabarrus looks to be going LOW  3A.They actually lost 53 students this year which really blows my mind.1325 last year to 1272 this year.I thought that area of Cabarrus county was really growing fast.The 3A West bracket really looks tough with Catholic,Hunter Huss,and NWC. Then you have Havelock down east.This makes for some great games in the coming weeks.

Yep....The 3A West is going to be loaded with NWC dropping back to the 3A LOW bracket this year

4 hours ago, Glenn said:

You are corrrect. My point is it does affect the size of the teams in those 30-30 brackets. An example is that last year we were a final 4 team in the east. The other 3 teams were all in the 4A brackets the previous year. They all had ADM numbers that were much larger than ours. What we probably need is a system like SC in which the 16 largest schools have a separate playoff. This solves a lot of ADM problems. My solution assuming we continue to use the same playoff system is to allow schools to play stay in their conferences but for playoff purposes, they lump all the schools together in a list according to their ADM numbers. Then separate them into 4 groups (25% in each group) and then determine who plays who. It does not matter if you were a 3A school during the regular season, you will play in the playoff bracket according to your enrollment. A team may be in a 3A bracket during the year but play in a 4A bracket during the playoffs. This would remedy those situations where a team had 1000 students during the first year of realignment but 4 years later their enrollment jumped to 1600 or went down to 600. This would be even better than realigning ever 2 years because it would take care of enrollment problems every year. 

I have pushed to go to a system that uses the current year's ADMs with the playoff brackets are not lined up to the classifications.  I prefer six divisions with 192 teams instead of the current 256.  1A and 4A would have the same amount of qualifying teams while 2A and 3A would have more under the 20/25/25/20 setup.  If the 25 across the board was used they would have the same number.

SC went to 1A through 5A last school year.  Schools are divided evenly into the five classes and they do not subdivide.  Previously SC had 1A through 4A and subdivided all four.  For a few years 3A coaches voted against it and their classification did not subdivide.  Prior to that 1A and 4A subdivided evenly with 16 teams in each subclass while 2A and 3A were a whole which made sense due to the drastic difference in size of schools in 1A and 4A.  That system came about from the old Big 16 and Little 32 in 4A.  This was set every two years with the largest 16 teams guaranteed a slot in the playoffs although there were years when a team had only a few wins (think one year there was a winless team).  The geography of SC works well for five classes but they have had a huge amount of complaints and a few schools filed a civil suit against the SCHSL which, like all state associations, get its share of complaints. 

8 hours ago, Reynoldsrocks23 said:

New "updated" ADM's are posted on NCHSAA website and it shows Alexander Central at 1409 now instead of 1200, that would make them 3AA and NW Cabarrus would go back to 3A. IF THESE ARE CORRECT.

NEW UPDATED ADMs

That is correct, AC forgot to include their Early college kids so that's why it shown 1200 kids earlier but they corrected as u stated they have 1409

• Thanks 1

On 11/7/2018 at 3:23 PM, btango said:

Teams qualify for the playoffs.

Teams listed by enrollment 1-64.

32 largest are 1AA.  32 smallest are 1A.

Need to see who qualifies before you can determine the exact cutoff.  A team may not qualify and that will push a school to 1AA that would have been small 1A.

That's what I said, just not as eloquently as you.