Sign in to follow this  
Don Hines

FIKE AND HUNT BANNED FROM PLAYOFFS

Rate this topic

An example of the organization baffles me. Like wrestling regionals- every dime of the thousands of fans goes to the association except $1100 for expenses. That will not even pay the refs leaving lights, heat, clean up, rentals, etc.. to the home school. This is way nobody wants to host the event. Fan cost is $10 each of the three days or a weekend pass for $15. Thats a butt load of cash. Everything becomes volunteer workers and lots of mistakes get made. Hosting a wrestling regional is more work than a year of football. That allowance for a host site is pathetic.

Edited by GDG

29 minutes ago, GDG said:

An example of the organization baffles me. Like wrestling regionals- every dime of the thousands of fans goes to the association except $1100 for expenses. That will not even pay the refs leaving lights, heat, clean up, rentals, etc.. to the home school. This is way nobody wants to host the event. Fan cost is $10 each of the three days or a weekend pass for $15. Thats a butt load of cash. Everything becomes volunteer workers and lots of mistakes get made. Hosting a wrestling regional is more work than a year of football. That allowance for a host site is pathetic.

These are the things I think the coaches and ADs need to be pushing with the support of their principal and superintendent.  Every school should get together and refuse to host.  Each time the state requests a school to do it, the reply should be no due to cost and logistics.  We all know some guy will want to get the event though.

Some of my best friends over the years have been wrestling coaches. These guys put in an absorbent amount of time. It seems that  they have a tournament every weekend. I have never seen that amount of dedication in any other sport for so little compensation. Well, except for me and that is why I deserve a huge raise. LOL.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1