Sign in to follow this  
MooresvilleDevil06

Mooresville 8-2 at Mallard Creek 9-0

Rate this topic

The Mooresville brain trust has spoken.  This year's results have far exceeded all expectations, we still have a way to go.  Depth needs to be developed along with offensive line play.  We're getting there, but not quite yet.  Mallard Creek is the ultimate test and, hopefully,, it can be kept respectful.  The planets would have to be perfectly aligned to pull off the upset.  As much as I would like to see it, it ain't gonna happen.  The Creek fans on this site have been very kind to us this year, giving credit due.  Thanks for your support and respect.

Mooresville is battle tested and this will show in the playoffs.  Let's start the 2nd season (playoffs) on a positive note.

• Like 3

Outside of the monster JV team MHS had last year. I really didn't know a lot about the program. My observations were, if they kept those kids together. They would give teams fits in a couple of years. I had the opportunity of watching them against NM, in my opinion they're  ahead of schedule. Thad Wells should be in the conversation for I-meck coach of the year. I know MC's coaching staff is very aware of their abilities. Play hard with no injuries and get ready for the playoffs.    

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vik-Val 86 said:

Does anyone know if Mooresville will go 4A in the playoffs. I know I would like see that happen. 

Will be on the border. Prior to all the dq’s we woulda been small 4A.... now I’m not so sure. 

3 hours ago, MooresvilleDevil06 said:

Will be on the border. Prior to all the dq’s we woulda been small 4A.... now I’m not so sure. 

I think mooresville is a sure in as far as A. I'm hearing that were in 4A also because so meck n Olympic is in because of the DQs...dont quote me tho that's jus hear say. We will see Saturday for sure.

Rick, could not agree more.  This has been a fun season for sure.  Would love to make some noise in the 4A playoffs.  I think we are battle tested, well coached, getting healthier, and have the potential to make a run.  2 maybe 3 rounds this year depending on how the teams shake out.  Win a first round home game, then go on the road and see what happens.  Good luck to all this week!  

Looking to the future, the kids will get stronger this off season like they have not done in a while.  They will work hard and be pushed to get stronger, faster, and improve this off season.  Offensive line play needs to get better, but this off season should help with that.  Looking forward to seeing what the future holds for Mooresville.  This staff has done a great job with the players this season, but they did inherit some pretty good players.  It is not like the cupboard was bare when they came here.  They have done a fantastic job, but I think year 2 will be a bigger test for them.  I think you will see a more dynamic offense as the kids have learned a base system and next year, it will be expanded.  I think they tried early on this season, saw they were not ready, and scaled back to focus on a core that they could execute better.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, work7 said:

Image may contain: 9 people, people smiling, outdoor

Reason behind MC's success. The Trench Mob! Along with Coach Tirrell Greene from The U!

Welcome to The Creek

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Creekprogram said:

Mooresville probably has -50 yards offense. Creek defense just to fast and physical. 

Really. Is that possible? 

5 minutes ago, GDG said:

Really. Is that possible? 

Oh it’s possible- we did something similar to Hough one year lol. And we’ve been that bad tonight on offense... 

theres a threshold where good coaching, no matter how good it is, can’t make up for the talent gap in less than a year.  And you’re seeing that tonight. This was always going to be a struggle.

• Like 1