Sign in to follow this  
Rick Harrington

West Charlotte at Mooresville

Rate this topic

Thought that was the best our front 7 on defense has played since the Hough game. We’re going to have to take it to a new level next week even if we want to hang around.

thats a pretty darn good west Charlotte team. That’s qb has a chance to be special, and really really like that WR #9. Coaching really let them down in the first qtr with some unnecessary 4th down gambles. On to the next

WC definitely has some game, but got off to a terrible start, falling behind 21-0 early. after the first quarter the game became an exercise in futility for both teams. i wont get into that on here. the Mooresville offense was effective despite the absence of their star RB Q Connor and the defense was stellar once again, their game plan/execution kept the Lions in check for most of the game. WC is young and it really cost them last night. they showed flashes at times and promise for the future. but the IMECK is an unforgiving beast where triumph may sometimes take a back seat to survival. fast forward to next week when Mooresville travels to MC for the season finale. 

Coaches did not call that fake punt.  Player went on his own.  Coaches were not happy with his decision to say the least.  It did hurt them.  In all honesty,  he had the first down at first glance, but the defense flew to the ball and the player made a great form tackle to keep him in check until help arrived.  I love the way the defense swarms to the ball.  Defense has always played well, but now our offense is beginning to catch up and play complimentary football.  That IMO is the big difference.  

I really admire and respect the WC program.  They always have exceptional athletes and quite honestly, scare the hell out of me.  I, for one, never count them out.  The school's geographical location gives them a bad rap, which is a shame.  They have a history of turning out exceptional students and community leaders.  Their athletes a really outstanding.  Call me weird, but I notice thing like this, but during the playing of the National Anthem Friday, the whole WC team was standing at attention at their 30 yard line.  Impressive.  Well done West Charlotte.  You are a credit to the I-Meck Conference and to NC High School Football.