Sign in to follow this  
Rick Harrington

West Charlotte at Mooresville

Rate this topic

Big game Friday at 7:30.  Playoff seeding to be determined from this games results.  Basically, this game comes down to Mooresville's coaching vs West Charlotte's athletic ability.  Gonna be interesting.

Must win for both teams but i would say more on the line for Mooresville than West Charlotte!

WC is on their tough part of their schedule with playing all top 3 teams in conference of Vance, MC and Hough in past 3 weeks and Now Mooresville for WC this Friday on the road! 

Should be a good game. Rain is in the forecast for Friday. Hopefully this doesn’t mess things up with the game. It will be interesting to see how this game turns out especially if the game is played in wet conditions. 

51 minutes ago, Vik-Val 86 said:

Should be a good game. Rain is in the forecast for Friday. Hopefully this doesn’t mess things up with the game. It will be interesting to see how this game turns out especially if the game is played in wet conditions. 

Personally i think it could favor WC if it does rain 

4 hours ago, BlueDevilsBiggestFan said:

Must win for both teams but i would say more on the line for Mooresville than West Charlotte!

WC is on their tough part of their schedule with playing all top 3 teams in conference of Vance, MC and Hough in past 3 weeks and Now Mooresville for WC this Friday on the road! 

Oh this should be good, I’d love to see how there’s more on the line for Mooresville than West Charlotte. Last time I checked Winner *probably* gets the Imeck 4 seed and probably a guaranteed home game and the loser *probably* ends up as the Imeck 5 seed and a chance to not have a home game. Seems like the game is equally important to both sides... 

7 minutes ago, MooresvilleDevil06 said:

Oh this should be good, I’d love to see how there’s more on the line for Mooresville than West Charlotte. Last time I checked Winner *probably* gets the Imeck 4 seed and probably a guaranteed home game and the loser *probably* ends up as the Imeck 5 seed and a chance to not have a home game. Seems like the game is equally important to both sides... 

This is a way bigger game for Mooresville, Its Senior Night, Its the last home game, Like u stated We could or could not have a home game n also ik we will be 4A but what if we goes 4AA so We need every win we can get and also West Char. They will be a bubble team with their record and I rather be a 4th or 5th seed in playoffs then 10 seed. 

Mooresville has a lot more pressure than WC does! This is more important win for Mooresville in my mind then WC! And also Rather finished with a 1 game losing streak then 2 and also I rather be 8-3 then 7-4 and i rather be 4-3 then 3-4 so 

This is for anyone that can answer. Will Mooresville go 4A in the Playoffs. If so what teams could be their biggest challenge to get to the State Finals.

3 hours ago, Vik-Val 86 said:

This is for anyone that can answer. Will Mooresville go 4A in the Playoffs. If so what teams could be their biggest challenge to get to the State Finals.

Right now Vance and East Forysth -- Im hoping Vance goes 4AA 

• Like 1

Rick Harrington, not sure what you mean Mooresville Coaching vs. WC athletes? To me WC is one of the most well coached teams in the Imeck. Saw their coaches absolutely turn around a mess the past two years into a competitive ball club that completely decimated Mooresville 35-7 last year. Mooresville has just as many athletes as WC. So not sure about that comment at all.

Think this game comes down to which defense is the most consistent throughout the game. WC will be prepared for a slugfest and like last year I think a reduction in quality gives WC a bigger boost than Mooresville who is getting an increase in quality from prior games. Just think the schedule favors WC MC, Vance, Hough then Mooresville, Hopewell. Its a decrescendo. Whomever gives up the easy or long score will have a tough night. Think points will be hard to come by.  Looking at common opponents Mooresville has a definitive edge. 

If things continue to go the way they have the past couple of weeks, penalties will be a factor.  Mooresville needs to get back to the discipline they played with early on.  Penalties will absolutely kill you Friday.  Cannot get into 1st and 2nd and long situations.  Those are drive killers and put you in a hole.  Should be a good one.

27 minutes ago, BlueDevilsBiggestFan said:

Yeah but I think PR we could compete better with than WM imo 

Played both Butler and Myers Park to one score games. PR would be a very tough game.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Wrigley said:

Played both Butler and Myers Park to one score games. PR would be a very tough game.

Im not saying it would be a cake walk but i think with our personal and what we do i think PR would be more competitive then WM 

12 hours ago, Vik-Val 86 said:

We will be 4A. Porter ridge, East forsyth, West Meck will be the teams to beat. If Vance goes 4A then Vance will be but I think they’ll be AA. Ragsdale is also pretty solid. Idk where page falls in the ADMs but if they go small they will be extremely tough.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, J-Heat1110 said:

Rick Harrington, not sure what you mean Mooresville Coaching vs. WC athletes? To me WC is one of the most well coached teams in the Imeck. Saw their coaches absolutely turn around a mess the past two years into a competitive ball club that completely decimated Mooresville 35-7 last year. Mooresville has just as many athletes as WC. So not sure about that comment at all.

Think this game comes down to which defense is the most consistent throughout the game. WC will be prepared for a slugfest and like last year I think a reduction in quality gives WC a bigger boost than Mooresville who is getting an increase in quality from prior games. Just think the schedule favors WC MC, Vance, Hough then Mooresville, Hopewell. Its a decrescendo. Whomever gives up the easy or long score will have a tough night. Think points will be hard to come by.  Looking at common opponents Mooresville has a definitive edge. 

Have not seen WC this year.  I know one thing, the quality of our coaching is light years ahead of what we have had since Hal Capps left, not to mention the assistants.  In no way was I slamming the WC staff.  I know they always have athletes on their roster and I was referring to that.  Just saying our guys are better prepared.

Also, I hope we all get an officiating crew that will allow the guys to play.

I believe the coaches at North Meck, Mooresville and West Charlotte, being a younger breed of coaches, have changed the conference for the better.  3 young coaches with a lot of upside and bright futures ahead of them. I believe all of them are young guys around 28 to 29 years old. Speaks volume's of West Charlottes coaching staff to play a 9th grader at QB in the IMECK.

• Like 3

Rick you havent seen WC play but they have athletes and Mooresville is better coached? LOL. OK got it.......WC is very well coached from a team standpoint. Defense is not that great and the offense has no passing game, but overall team and game management WC is very well coached. Would argue they lack the type of athletes that are in the Imeck at schools like MC, Vance, Hough, NM. Mooresville has great athletes too. Should be a real good game. Just think WC is getting a lighter matchup compared to past 3 weeks and it will build confidence. 

• Like 1

My score prediction : Mooresville 35 WC 28 - I Think like most of our games this one will be a tight and closely contested game unless either team has a off night or have another game with 32 penalties like we did vs LKN 

On 10/31/2018 at 3:46 PM, Rick Harrington said:

Also, I hope we all get an officiating crew that will allow the guys to play.

And the streak continues...lol

• Haha 2

Mooresville claims 4th place in the I-Meck with a 34 - 13 win over West Charlotte.   Strong first half performance by the Blue Devils.  The second half was somewhat lackadaisical.  Good defensive game for Mooresville.  For you Creek peeps, the officiating, once again, sucked.