WarriorLife04'

Montgomery Central High School

48 minutes ago, RD28327 said:

They can go into a 3A league now.  Lots of moving parts involved.  This is why realignment needs to happen every two years.  Not too sure about these "stipulations."  More befuddled Chapel Hill logic at the NCHSAA office.

Pulling them out of the Rocky River drops that conference to four football teams.  Later in the season the tougher it is to replace East Montgomery on the schedule.  This works out for those opponents who already list CATA.  How this move hits current or potential conference members is a big part of the equation.

6 minutes ago, btango said:

Pulling them out of the Rocky River drops that conference to four football teams.  Later in the season the tougher it is to replace East Montgomery on the schedule.  This works out for those opponents who already list CATA.  How this move hits current or potential conference members is a big part of the equation.

Then, that's where you drop Monroe and Parkwood to 2A as they had requested.

Have to agree with Lion1993. If u don’t like it don’t read it. Plan and simple. As long as I have access to this website I can post on any board I would like. I started it and will finish it. WM has been the most dominant and consistent 1AA West teams the last 10+ years and deserve any recognition, playoffs or 1A board they want. Go drink a beer or something. 

On 11/30/2018 at 6:58 PM, Ladge said:

Moving Monroe and Parkwood without the numbers supporting their move sets a bad precedent. 

Then move Salisbury and South Rowan.

2 hours ago, RD28327 said:

Then move Salisbury and South Rowan.

Those two schools and their fellow conference members are not interested in that change.  The less conferences and teams that change the better.

I think there were two simple options, turn down the request or approve and let them play in East Montgomery’s slot.

With 1,100 students there may be a school or two larger than them in 2A.  It is not a crazy number and we do not know what incoming seventh and eight grade classes look like which is info that would have been included in the request.

On 11/30/2018 at 6:58 PM, Ladge said:

Moving Monroe and Parkwood without the numbers supporting their move sets a bad precedent. 

I was surprised they tried.  They have each lost right at 10% of their enrollment which is an important for an appeal.  Monroe is at 1090 and Parkwood at 1130.  They would be right at the largest 2A schools and their were 3A schools with lower numbers that did not request to drop down.

Does the NCHSAA really care?  Ledford and North Davidson are two schools still playing in the 2A playoffs and their enrollments are well past 2A numbers.  They both competed in 2A last year with even bigger numbers.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hbnw said:

Does the NCHSAA really care?  Ledford and North Davidson are two schools still playing in the 2A playoffs and their enrollments are well past 2A numbers.  They both competed in 2A last year with even bigger numbers.

If the NCHSAA had a redo those two schools would have went 3A.  They work off of numbers / estimates provided by the LEA.  The numbers for the two schools did not drop as much as expected.  Next year they will have 2A numbers but still two of the largest.

Same issue happened with Mt Pleasant when LEA info did not work out and they ended up in 3A with numbers well below the cut off.  LEA pushed for them to be 3A but in hindsight it would have been correct, both enrollment wise and competitively, to have remained 2A.

If Benji Brown is the new coach, and from what I am hearing it is a done deal, I hope he bring in a new group of assistant coaches. Start from scratch. With his background in high school football I am sure he could bring in some top notch assistant coaches.

I heard today that a new coach and ad will be announced before Christmas break. Exciting times for Montgomery Central. It sure will be great to see Benji Brown on the sidelines leading the way. I know it's not official yet but it's a done deal.

25 minutes ago, Lion1993 said:

I think sometime in 2020.

Takes a while to build a school large enough for two 1A schools. Mount Airy High was built in the early 1950s @ present location if I remember correctly. But Mount Airy High School started in 1895. When I was in school, (South Main School) grades 4 thru 6, it was the old high school before the present location was built. Getting about time for a new Mount Airy High in my opinion,but the just keep making improvements to this old building which is in great shape to be going on 70 years old. I am sure everyone in Montgomery Co. will be proud of their new school when finished.