Jump to content

WarriorLife04'

Montgomery Central High School

Recommended Posts

When Brown leaves the principal slot someone else fills it.  That is another principal salary they will take on but it will not be slotted by the state.  I guess the people in West Montgomery district that were building the charter school are now happy with Central?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes but now they have one principal in County not 2. And as far as Charter that is not happening at the current High Schools in County. I don’t expect a Charter school with sports in this County. Uwharrie Charter is only 20 miles from future High School.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, WarriorLife04' said:

Yes but now they have one principal in County not 2. And as far as Charter that is not happening at the current High Schools in County. I don’t expect a Charter school with sports in this County. Uwharrie Charter is only 20 miles from future High School.

If they combine teams and he is the football coach next year there will be two high school principal slots.  The following year the state allotment will go to one high school principal.  The county pays a stipend on top of state salary so the state portion will stop.  I am sure they can make it work.  I am excited if they do as more counties may look to increase the coaches pay.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should athletics be merged?

 

Anything new developing on this?  I am hearing that athletics at East Montgomery and West Montgomery will be merged for the 2019-20 school year whereas the building for the new Montgomery Central HS won't be open until the 2020-21 school year.  Where will Montgomery Central be placed conference and classification wise until the next realignment taking place in 2021? The Tri-County 6 could become the "Quad County 7."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, RD28327 said:

Should athletics be merged?

 

Anything new developing on this?  I am hearing that athletics at East Montgomery and West Montgomery will be merged for the 2019-20 school year whereas the building for the new Montgomery Central HS won't be open until the 2020-21 school year.  Where will Montgomery Central be placed conference and classification wise until the next realignment taking place in 2021? The Tri-County 6 could become the "Quad County 7."

I would think they would allow them to play in the Rocky River just so that 3 conferences are not affected, instead only 1 (Yadkin Valley).  It would only be for 2 years until the next realignment takes place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/27/2018 at 8:11 AM, cowboys1987 said:

I would think they would allow them to play in the Rocky River just so that 3 conferences are not affected, instead only 1 (Yadkin Valley).  It would only be for 2 years until the next realignment takes place.

Either the Mid-Piedmont 3A, or the Tri-County 6 becomes the Quad County 7.  Not sure if SW Randolph stays in the Mid-Piedmont or drops to 2A.  South Rowan and Salisbury may go to the Rocky River.  Chatham Central moves to the Yadkin Valley for all sports and gets out of the charter conference for sports besides football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2018 at 7:28 PM, hbnw said:

Any other names outside of Benji Brown?

Is Benji a done deal?

It is rumored that Benji will not be principal at West Montgomery when they return from Christmas break. I personally believe that is a done deal with him being the Head coach of Montgomery Central. If that's the case, that is a grand slam hire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All depends on if Montgomery County gets approved with combining schools for sports in 2019-2020. But yes he still has job if he wants it. I’m sure $$ will have to be worked out to close deal if he wants to do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, WarriorLife04' said:

Approved already?

That is my understanding but Montgomery  County will have to decide if they want to accept the stipulations required to combine teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/18/2018 at 11:00 AM, TD-FridayNight said:

I don't know the cut off between 2A & 3A but here is last years ADMs for East & West Montgomery

East Montgomery 642 & West Montgomery 554 for a total of 1196 .  So if anyone knows of a large 2A or small 3A school then they can give us an idea where Montgomery Central may fall. Update North Forsyth had ADMs ov 1103 last year and they are a 3A school.

Isn’t t

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FINALLY!!! We found something to give the Montgomery County people to talk positively about! Maybe they will leave the Stanly County teams alone for a while!!! Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Combining East Montgomery and West Montgomery's #s will bring about 3A #s. So, why the heck can't the NCHSAA put them in a 3A league? Just move a few teams to the Rocky River 2A, like Salisbury and South Rowan. And, didn't Monroe and Parkwood want to drop to 2A?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hate to bust Y'alls bubble but this is 2018 1A board and all the talk is on a team that will most likely be 2AA or 3A. Come back and talk about the 1A teams left or move up to the 2A / 3A boards. Just my opinion. This year's games are not over and MC 2AA or 3A is all the talk on 1A. Sorry but just an opinion . This is taking away from the 1A & 1AA games remaining Or wait till the season is over to talk about MC's 2AA / 3 team.................. But do as you please and disrespect the 1A & 1AA remaining teams since  East & West Montgomery are not even playing again in 1A. Respect or disrespect as you please you are in 1A & 1AA's rearview mirror ! ! ! Best of luck as you move up....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TD-FridayNight said:

Hate to bust Y'alls bubble but this is 2018 1A board and all the talk is on a team that will most likely be 2AA or 3A. Come back and talk about the 1A teams left or move up to the 2A / 3A boards. Just my opinion. This year's games are not over and MC 2AA or 3A is all the talk on 1A. Sorry but just an opinion . This is taking away from the 1A & 1AA games remaining Or wait till the season is over to talk about MC's 2AA / 3 team.................. But do as you please and disrespect the 1A & 1AA remaining teams since  East & West Montgomery are not even playing again in 1A. Respect or disrespect as you please you are in 1A & 1AA's rearview mirror ! ! ! Best of luck as you move up....

The topic of this thread is Montgomery Central High School. If you don't like it, don't read it. Get over it!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, RD28327 said:

Combining East Montgomery and West Montgomery's #s will bring about 3A #s. So, why the heck can't the NCHSAA put them in a 3A league? Just move a few teams to the Rocky River 2A, like Salisbury and South Rowan. And, didn't Monroe and Parkwood want to drop to 2A?

As I said before, that would be a lot of moving parts.  Monroe and Parkwood were denied their appeal so they will stay 3A.  Leaving them in the Rocky River makes the most sense for now.  After two years, they will go into a 3A league. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lion1993 said:

The topic of this thread is Montgomery Central High School. If you don't like it, don't read it. Get over it!

And what will MC  be ? 2AA or 3A . These are the playoffs which neither made and both are 1A.Why aren't yall backing the teams left in your conference ?  Talk about the present till it is over in 3 more games. More people would join in on the 2A & 3A boards where MC will be a part of instead of down here where EM & WM does not matter anymore. Has-beens  as of now in 1A. I try to read all threads like or hate them and this one is trying to take away from the teams still playing . Sorry but just my opinion and if you don't like my posts ,you can also not read them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, TD-FridayNight said:

And what will MC  be ? 2AA or 3A . These are the playoffs which neither made and both are 1A.Why aren't yall backing the teams left in your conference ?  Talk about the present till it is over in 3 more games. More people would join in on the 2A & 3A boards where MC will be a part of instead of down here where EM & WM does not matter anymore. Has-beens  as of now in 1A. I try to read all threads like or hate them and this one is trying to take away from the teams still playing . Sorry but just my opinion and if you don't like my posts ,you can also not read them. 

Alright genius. Once again look at the title of this thread. What do you think is going to be discussed under this thread? There are other threads discussing the playoffs. I understand this is a 1a board. Until the merger is official I can and will continue to discuss this matter on this board. By the way, if the school you pull for is in the 1aa, good luck battling for 2nd. There I discussed the playoffs. You happy. Get over it genius!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TD-FridayNight said:

And what will MC  be ? 2AA or 3A . These are the playoffs which neither made and both are 1A.Why aren't yall backing the teams left in your conference ?  Talk about the present till it is over in 3 more games. More people would join in on the 2A & 3A boards where MC will be a part of instead of down here where EM & WM does not matter anymore. Has-beens  as of now in 1A. I try to read all threads like or hate them and this one is trying to take away from the teams still playing . Sorry but just my opinion and if you don't like my posts ,you can also not read them. 

Dude, why you getting so bent? Heck there is like a 13 page thread on the 4A board about the Carolina coach and that's not 4A football. Oh wait... Carolina football...yea that is pretty much the same as 4A high school ball....never mind....

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1A, 2A, or 3A.  They are currently 1A.  May be 2A or 3A next year and most likely will be 3A in 2021.  

It does not appear the classification is 100% final at least as far as being made public. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lion1993 said:

Alright genius. Once again look at the title of this thread. What do you think is going to be discussed under this thread? There are other threads discussing the playoffs. I understand this is a 1a board. Until the merger is official I can and will continue to discuss this matter on this board. By the way, if the school you pull for is in the 1aa, good luck battling for 2nd. There I discussed the playoffs. You happy. Get over it genius!

 

It doesn't matter what you post. I just pay more respect to the teams that are still in the playoffs. Sorry my bad ,  just wanting to see others talking about teams still alive that should be getting the respect they have earned. If you read this thread things are just being repeated over and over by the same people and new posters repeating other posts. Like beating a dead horse. But everyone have at it . No more complants from me !  🙈:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, cowboys1987 said:

As I said before, that would be a lot of moving parts.  Monroe and Parkwood were denied their appeal so they will stay 3A.  Leaving them in the Rocky River makes the most sense for now.  After two years, they will go into a 3A league. 

They can go into a 3A league now.  Lots of moving parts involved.  This is why realignment needs to happen every two years.  Not too sure about these "stipulations."  More befuddled Chapel Hill logic at the NCHSAA office.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×