WarriorLife04'

Montgomery Central High School

8 hours ago, rville20 said:

or they can get some tips from gentry

There are a few privately owned large, successful companies in the county.  May be they can entice the parents of some talented footballers with improved employment opportunities.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/19/2018 at 5:06 AM, Nit2winIt said:

Hell, that’s been going on for years!! How do you think they have an indoor facility? The school sure didn’t pay for it. 

You missed the context of the post.  The history of the initial post and my reply is rooted over two hundred miles from Montgomery County.

• Like 1

I read where they are now accepting internal applications (resumes) for the new high school. Head football coach is one of the positions. There is no way they should even consider anyone coaching football right now in the county for the job. I hope they go outside the county to hire the new head football coach. There will be some big names interested from outside the county. Nothing against the present assistant coaches for football, but I do not see any of them being qualified to take this position and especially the one at West who has been here forever and has no clue what he is doing.

I am very interested in who some of these big names that may be interested from outside the county.  I have heard that there may be one guy interested that is sitting behind a big desk in one of the schools but he isn't currently coaching. 

25 minutes ago, hbnw said:

I am very interested in who some of these big names that may be interested from outside the county.  I have heard that there may be one guy interested that is sitting behind a big desk in one of the schools but he isn't currently coaching. 

Heard the same.  

11 hours ago, btango said:

Heard the same.  

If its who I think it is, I would love to see him back on the sidelines.  Guy is a fantastic coach and would be a great addition to any school he chose.

CO

2 hours ago, coachE42 said:

If its who I think it is, I would love to see him back on the sidelines.  Guy is a fantastic coach and would be a great addition to any school he chose.

Let's put it this way coachE42. He is the best football coach in Montgomery right now and he is not even coaching. Not only is he the best in the county, he is one of the best in the state.

1 hour ago, Lion1993 said:

CO

Let's put it this way coachE42. He is the best football coach in Montgomery right now and he is not even coaching. Not only is he the best in the county, he is one of the best in the state.

Narrows it down! Any school in the state would be lucky to have him, especially one in their first year of existence.

1 hour ago, Lion1993 said:

CO

I am a big fan!  The first year of MC will make it 14 years since he roamed the sidelines.  

Coaches normally take jobs for (1) more money, (2) more control, (3) better teaching schedule/duties, (4) better support, (5) chance to win more or bigger, ie compete for state titles, (6) challenge, (7) or more personal family related.  With Montgomery Central the most enticing item to me is the chance to build a program from scratch.

I don't think MC will offer enough money to get many elite coaches to take the job.  I question control as it seems there will be a lot of cooks in the kitchen trying to gain their spot the first years.  No idea on schedule or duties and there is always the chance for a zinger at a new school.  Not sure how many elite coaches see a shot to win state titles but it may be a better opportunity than where they are at currently.  The last one is a wild card for each individual.  

It will be interesting to see how it plays out.  

So at what point can we actually throw names out?  I'm curious about who may be on the list and interested.

38 minutes ago, SMC Observer said:

I assume ya'll are talking about Benji Brown.

Your 100% right. I can think of maybe 3 names that would be a home run hire and he is definitely one of them. When you talk about great coaches in h.s. football in NC the Brown's are in that conversation.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, WarriorLife04' said:

From what I have heard he will keep his pay, name Head Coaches making that?? Montgomery County will have the money to pay top $ for a HC, mark my word. 

Based on what I know about NC coaches pay I would be surprised by that.  Would be great to start that trend though.

Why does Montgomery not have the money to pay strong stipends now?

I heard over the weekend from an inside source that Benji Brown will be the new football coach at Montgomery Central. The person who told me this speaks with Benji everyday while at the school. If this is true, which I have no reason to believe it is not, this is a grand slam hire for the new school.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lion1993 said:

I heard over the weekend from an inside source that Benji Brown will be the new football coach at Montgomery Central. The person who told me this speaks with Benji everyday while at the school. If this is true, which I have no reason to believe it is not, this is a grand slam hire for the new school. 

Montgomery Central would/will be a tough out if Coach Brown is leading the program. Right now the combined enrollment puts them in 3A by around 100 students, will be interesting to see if that holds to form or if they drop to 2A shortly afterwards.

I have certainly been hearing the rumors about Benji Brown being the new head coach at Montgomery Central, and if that comes to fruition, then that's potentially a great hire, but from a logical and financial standpoint, why would he step down from being a principal to become a coach?  Unless they (meaning the school board), are willing to continue giving him principal pay, and maybe throw in AD responsibilities or something like that, then he would be taking a major pay cut, which wouldn't make much sense.  But if they were able to pay him to coach, which being a single high school system, they could do what they wanted, then it would be a great opportunity for him to return to the sidelines. 

The other thing I would be concerned with, albeit not as much, would be the fact that he's been away from the game for 12 years.  Now with someone of his character and with the football acumen he possesses, I'm sure he would catch up very quickly, but with the way the game has changed, 12 years is still a long time to be out of it. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Chris Hughes said:

I have certainly been hearing the rumors about Benji Brown being the new head coach at Montgomery Central, and if that comes to fruition, then that's potentially a great hire, but from a logical and financial standpoint, why would he step down from being a principal to become a coach?  Unless they (meaning the school board), are willing to continue giving him principal pay, and maybe throw in AD responsibilities or something like that, then he would be taking a major pay cut, which wouldn't make much sense.  But if they were able to pay him to coach, which being a single high school system, they could do what they wanted, then it would be a great opportunity for him to return to the sidelines. 

The other thing I would be concerned with, albeit not as much, would be the fact that he's been away from the game for 12 years.  Now with someone of his character and with the football acumen he possesses, I'm sure he would catch up very quickly, but with the way the game has changed, 12 years is still a long time to be out of it. 

Chris, I heard he will keep the principal pay. I was also told by the inside source that Brown will not be the principal at West when they return from Christmas break. If this all plays out, Montgomery Central HIGH SCHOOL will have one of the great coaches of all time in the state NC leading their program.

I hope this rumor I’ve heard for months now is true! Chris yes he’s been out of the game but he’s a football mind and will adjust quickly. The thing I’m more interested in or possibly excited is who he gets to come in as Assistants. That will be something I’m looking forward to. I expect a top notch coaching staff. Montgomery Central will be on the map soon. I’m sure Carolina Preps will be making there way to Montgomery County in less than 2 years to check out the school and facilities. 

9 hours ago, WarriorLife04' said:

I hope this rumor I’ve heard for months now is true! Chris yes he’s been out of the game but he’s a football mind and will adjust quickly. The thing I’m more interested in or possibly excited is who he gets to come in as Assistants. That will be something I’m looking forward to. I expect a top notch coaching staff. Montgomery Central will be on the map soon. I’m sure Carolina Preps will be making there way to Montgomery County in less than 2 years to check out the school and facilities. 

I would hope he would bring his own assistants in . With his knowledge of football in the state of NC, I would think he could bring in some top notch assistants to help get this program off the ground and running.