WarriorLife04'

Montgomery Central High School

Ok, I know it's a year and half before the kids get ready for the 2020 season in the new school but any word on HC search for new school. I know the rumors have got to be swirling somewhere. I have no doubt it will be a top knotch coach.

6 hours ago, WarriorLife04' said:

Ok, I know it's a year and half before the kids get ready for the 2020 season in the new school but any word on HC search for new school. I know the rumors have got to be swirling somewhere. I have no doubt it will be a top knotch coach.

I can tell you a couple of things. First the head coach is not presently coaching in the county. You also have that big time 4a coach I mentioned to you before that is really interested in the job. Time will tell.

How do you guys think Montgomery Central will do in 3A? I imagine if the right coach is in place there's no reason they can't be pretty good with the athletes in the county.

2 hours ago, SMC Observer said:

How do you guys think Montgomery Central will do in 3A? I imagine if the right coach is in place there's no reason they can't be pretty good with the athletes in the county.

That's the key. They need to get the right coach. If they do that the future is bright for football in the county.

10 hours ago, Lion1993 said:

I can tell you a couple of things. First the head coach is not presently coaching in the county. You also have that big time 4a coach I mentioned to you before that is really interested in the job. Time will tell.

What specifically qualifies as a "big time" coach?  

Great question by btango.  Also, not sure a 4a coach makes a difference.  Doesn’t matter what level the coach has been at.  Only thing  that matters is he the right man for the kids and the program at the new school.  This will be an important hire for the future of Montgomery County football.

9 hours ago, WarriorLife04' said:

Personally I hope it's the guy I told u about Lion1993. He can definitely relate to kids and is a great HC. That's who they want in my opinion. Timberwolves will be fine.

I was told that particular coach turned it down. Time will tell. He would definitely be a great one.

13 hours ago, btango said:

What specifically qualifies as a "big time" coach?  

A coach who has one big games at a 4A school that was not originally considered a football school. He has turned that program around in a matter of a couple of years. One more thing. Montgomery Central will get a top tier coach. Combine that with the talent from East Montgomery and West Montgomery coming together and the future is bright for football in Montgomery county.

Has there been a timeline for when the county will open up the head coaching positions?  I know that the opening of school may still be in question but it seems the county will need to open up the coaching positions well before the school opens.  Again this will be a very important hire for the county.

I don' t know if there is a timeline or not. I would assume they would wait til after the season is over. Then there again, this is Montgomery County, so nothing would surprise me .

The coaching and teaching positions should be posted in January before the schools open the following fall.  

Question I have, what is the NCHSAA rule on spring practice for new schools opening in the fall?

I would assume they can start work outs and drills during spring like any other school. They should be awarded same time to get ready as any other school. Coaches will be in place by March I would think

I have heard that the mascot is going to be The Timberwolves.  Have school colors and a logo been established?

Montgomery central sure anit gonna be a 3A school. They will be around a 2a school and 2aa in football. But all depends how many parents take their children out of the school system in opposition to the school. 

On 10/14/2018 at 3:26 PM, WarriorLife04' said:

Black and Gold are the colors and yes a logo has been established. As far as conference who knows. I would say conference with Asheboro 

They will probably stay in the same 2a conference East Montgomery the Rocky River.

On 10/5/2018 at 8:55 AM, hbnw said:

Has there been a timeline for when the county will open up the head coaching positions?  I know that the opening of school may still be in question but it seems the county will need to open up the coaching positions well before the school opens.  Again this will be a very important hire for the county.

They are already posted on the Montgomery County Schools employment website.

11 hours ago, Eatersofworlds said:

They are already posted on the Montgomery County Schools employment website.

I can't see the Montgomery County School announcing the coach position until after the football season of the new coach's present school until the year that Montgomery County Schools it's set to start it's first new school year that fall. Now word may leak out but no public announcement I personally would think.I also see several names could be floating around that is just presumptions. JMO !

11 hours ago, Eatersofworlds said:

Montgomery central sure anit gonna be a 3A school. They will be around a 2a school and 2aa in football. But all depends how many parents take their children out of the school system in opposition to the school. 

West Montgomery and East Montgomery had 1,196 combined students last year, that's 3A numbers by about 150 students. So yeah something will have to give (students leaving, decreasing enrollment) for Montgomery Central to be 2A. 

12 hours ago, Eatersofworlds said:

I don't know the cut off between 2A & 3A but here is last years ADMs for East & West Montgomery

East Montgomery 642 & West Montgomery 554 for a total of 1196 .  So if anyone knows of a large 2A or small 3A school then they can give us an idea where Montgomery Central may fall. Update North Forsyth had ADMs ov 1103 last year and they are a 3A school.

1 hour ago, TD-FridayNight said:

I don't know the cut off between 2A & 3A but here is last years ADMs for East & West Montgomery

East Montgomery 642 & West Montgomery 554 for a total of 1196 .  So if anyone knows of a large 2A or small 3A school then they can give us an idea where Montgomery Central may fall. Update North Forsyth had ADMs ov 1103 last year and they are a 3A school.

There were 37 3A schools with a smaller enrollment than 1,196 last year.

8 hours ago, SMC Observer said:

West Montgomery and East Montgomery had 1,196 combined students last year, that's 3A numbers by about 150 students. So yeah something will have to give (students leaving, decreasing enrollment) for Montgomery Central to be 2A. 

or they can get some tips from gentry