BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Very Early Favs in Basketball

Heritage girls should be looking pretty good this year. They will have 3 starting guards that will be fast and look for them to play an up tempo game if possible. Post players are athletic as well this year. May miss a little of their outside shooting early in the season but they are young and will get better as the season progresses.

I know it is only scrimmages but the Mtn. Heritage girls had a successful day at the Excel Center in Fletcher on Saturday with wins over Erwin, Murphy, Cherokee and Enka. Pretty impressive start after losing their 2 leading scorers.  Looks like coach Shelton has them poised for another successful season.

On 10/31/2018 at 11:34 AM, Heritage 84 said:

Well I guess it is officially the start of basketball season in North Carolina. Is there any men's teams out there that are on the Teams to Watch List" in 2A that are not gonna be affected by good football programs not slowing down the full tilt start up of the season?

I caught two teams over the weekend that haven't been mentioned that are going to be fun to watch (in 2A).

The first is Farmville Central.  Some good athletes/scorers on that squad. 

The second, which caught me by surprise, is Mount Pleasant. Tall squad.  Two of those guys, Hunter Sloop and Shane Fernald, are young and very skilled.  They also have a guard named Kiem Moore that is going to be very fun to watch.  He had a great, game against SW Guilford (and the Langley brothers).  MP as a whole put up a good fight against Southwest.  That really impressed me.  MP is also in the same conference with defending state champ Forest Hills.  Those will be good, good games.

• Like 1