Wrigley

Mack Brown named new coach at UNC (Updated)

Rate this topic

12 minutes ago, WM1977 said:

Thank you... I've been a subscriber since 2002... I really appreciate the advice. I have my first dash mounted XM radio on a shelf at home. I appreciate your smugness and arrogance. It really solidifies the persona of a uncheat fan! Never fails.... 

Pretty sure he is not a UNC fan.

1 hour ago, WM1977 said:

Thank you... I've been a subscriber since 2002... I really appreciate the advice. I have my first dash mounted XM radio on a shelf at home. I appreciate your smugness and arrogance. It really solidifies the persona of a uncheat fan! Never fails.... 

Lol. Where in the world did you get that he's a UNC fan? I appreciate you thinking only UNC fans know you're an ignoramus. It really solidifies the persona of a dumbass!

4 hours ago, WM1977 said:

Not a UNC fan. I find you entertaining. 

4 hours ago, WM1977 said:

Idiot. Once again your words prove what we all know to be true!!!

17 hours ago, Tyler12 said:

Lol. Where in the world did you get that he's a UNC fan? I appreciate you thinking only UNC fans know you're an ignoramus. It really solidifies the persona of a dumbass!

Yeah..... when you have to resort to insults it pretty much sums your character up. Says a lot about you. 

3 minutes ago, WM1977 said:

Yeah..... when you have to resort to insults it pretty much sums your character up. Says a lot about you. 

Feeling frisky today, WM. But all your "UNCCheat" rants are class act, top notch. Good luck getting your first title since 1983. 

5 minutes ago, WM1977 said:

In your post, you use insults.  Dude, I don't know whats in the water you are drinking, but it is clearly deteriorating your brain  cells at an accelerated pace.   

@work7 I am not sure if you know the answer to this, but you suggested that UNC should have gone after Trott who ended up at ECU.  It was announced that ECU and Trott are parting ways...any idea why? I can't find anything, and thought you may know.

8 minutes ago, WM1977 said:

My man even brought over the "unccheat" over to the Thomasville HC search thread. Seek help for that ABC syndrome, please. 

14 minutes ago, coachE42 said:

@work7 I am not sure if you know the answer to this, but you suggested that UNC should have gone after Trott who ended up at ECU.  It was announced that ECU and Trott are parting ways...any idea why? I can't find anything, and thought you may know.

No sir! It was a big surprise to me.

47 minutes ago, work7 said:

No sir! It was a big surprise to me.

Yeah, I knew you were really high on him and was surprised to see it as well.

1 hour ago, coachE42 said:

Yeah, I knew you were really high on him and was surprised to see it as well.

I usually do dinner with him when he comes to Charlotte. I know him good enough to discuss football, but not well enough to inquire about what's going  on career wise. They were at the bottom on defense last year (Conference) . Houston is ruthless when it comes to his staff. He has no problem firing anyone. 

• Like 1

I see Brewster packed his bags for Gainesville 24 hours after NSD. Classy. Did he not here that Mack is Back??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wrigley said:

I see Brewster packed his bags for Gainesville 24 hours after NSD. Classy. Did he not here that Mack is Back??

Money talks. Got a raise when Texas A&M tried to hire him, and apparently Florida is giving him a bigger raise. Also, his ego is supposedly hurting because UNC didn’t use the TE enough in the offense. I think our offense did just fine with how much we used the TE. Opens the door for fan favorite Chad Scott to come home and take over as TE coach.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Catholic said:

Brewster or not the only school out recruiting UNC today or recently is Hough. 

And on that note, the train keeps rolling. 4 Star Gabe Stephens from MICS commits to UNC today.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, titanman27 said:

Blackwell is committing today per sources.  UNC is gonna rack up on in state recruits for the 2nd year in a row 

Would be big. He sees what Sam is doing and wants to catch those bombs again from him. 

35 minutes ago, Tyler12 said:

Would be big. He sees what Sam is doing and wants to catch those bombs again from him. 

I think Keeshawn Silver, Ra Ra Dilworth, and Ritzie are all likely heels. 

6 minutes ago, titanman27 said:

I think Keeshawn Silver, Ra Ra Dilworth, and Ritzie are all likely heels. 

DeAndre Boykins and Tymir Brown as well. That would give UNC 9 of the top 22 kids in the State and 6 of the top 14. 

Kamarro Edmonds is a slight South Carolina lean but I think we can we can get him in Chapel Hill. We've done pretty well getting kids from Havelock. 

30 minutes ago, Tyler12 said:

DeAndre Boykins and Tymir Brown as well. That would give UNC 9 of the top 22 kids in the State and 6 of the top 14. 

Kamarro Edmonds is a slight South Carolina lean but I think we can we can get him in Chapel Hill. We've done pretty well getting kids from Havelock. 

I agree. I have hopes for Page. Think he ends up in Clemson along with Shipley. It's funny though because Virginia Tech and NC State are starting to focus recruiting in Texas and other states because NC guys are a no go. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, titanman27 said:

I agree. I have hopes for Page. Think he ends up in Clemson along with Shipley. It's funny though because Virginia Tech and NC State are starting to focus recruiting in Texas and other states because NC guys are a no go. 

I also think we are strongly in play for Evan Pryor.

Just now, coachE42 said:

I also think we are strongly in play for Evan Pryor.

Yea we got a good shot at Pryor. I was hoping Dre Bly could help bring 5 star Tony Grimes in from Va Beach but he is looking unlikely as the SEC seems like his destination. 

52 minutes ago, titanman27 said:

Yea we got a good shot at Pryor. I was hoping Dre Bly could help bring 5 star Tony Grimes in from Va Beach but he is looking unlikely as the SEC seems like his destination. 

Yeah, I don't ever count out Mack Brown, but it does seem like he is destined for the SEC.  Although his dad is very pro UNC on Twitter, so never say never!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, titanman27 said:

Blackwell is committing today per sources.  UNC is gonna rack up on in state recruits for the 2nd year in a row 

Boom. 👣 💥

• Like 3

Hiring former NW Guilford coach John Lilly to replace Tim Brewster may prove to be an upgrade in the long run.  Lilly has an outstanding track record as an amazing coach and recruiter.  Very well respected in the state of NC as well.

Mack is at it again! Another top kid from NC commits to the Heels. Keeshawn Silver is a 4-star DE, ranked the No. 33 prospect in the nation, and a consensus top 5 player in the state of NC! 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Tyler12 said:

Mack is at it again! Another top kid from NC commits to the Heels. Keeshawn Silver is a 4-star DE, ranked the No. 33 prospect in the nation, and a consensus top 5 player in the state of NC! 

They are now out recruiting even Hough!! 

Just now, Catholic said:

They are now out recruiting even Hough!! 

IDK, Hough did pick up that kid from Myers Park last month. 

46 minutes ago, titanman27 said:

Hearing there Maye be a big flip today

Is that a flip flop on where he will verbally commit to play college ball?

31 minutes ago, btango said:

Is that a flip flop on where he will verbally commit to play college ball?

Lots of rumors right now, could be multiple recruits commit, could be Maye, could be Pryor. 

• Like 1

We might look back on this day and refer to it as "Maye Day!" Hang onto your butts. Things are about to get interesting. 

3 hours ago, Tyler12 said:

We might look back on this day and refer to it as "Maye Day!" Hang onto your butts. Things are about to get interesting.