Wrigley

Mack Brown named new coach at UNC (Updated)

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Tyler12 said:

Tough few games to start the season on the road at UCF and Auburn in Atlanta. Will need some freshman to step up on the D line but the offense should be fine as everyone returns but 2 guys on the O line. Hopefully the freshman can generate some pressure and put some heat on some QB's next year. I got my season tickets and already pumped for 2020!

They wont surprise anyone next year but Howell is a difference maker. I thought he would be good. I am surprised he was this good this fast.

10 minutes ago, Wrigley said:

They wont surprise anyone next year but Howell is a difference maker. I thought he would be good. I am surprised he was this good this fast.

Said the same thing today about him. He's just rocket launching balls, running when he needs to and throwing the ball where only his guy can get it. Never thought he'd put up almost 40 TD's in year one. What a talent. 

• Like 1

As an old guy I am happy that he did as well as he did this year. I am not a UNC fan but us old guys have to stick together especially when age was one negative thing people used against him.

• Like 1

Carolina and Louisville are going to be problems next season.  They could spoil playoff/rankings for a few teams if they're scheduled. I see UNC have Auburn for 2020. Louisville has Notre Dame, and of course both have Clemson.

53 minutes ago, Impartial Observer said:

Only chance Carolina has of playing Clemson next season would be in the ACC Championship game.  BC and of course MooU are the Atlantic Division crossover opponents next season.

thanks, I overlooked that

You know what they say, "Just wait till basketball season." I don't think anybody saw their FB program being better than their BB team.  Man it sucks to suck.

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, SPRaiders78 said:

You know what they say, "Just wait till basketball season." I don't think anybody saw their FB program being better than their BB team.  Man it sucks to suck.

3 guards are injured and another one was just in a automobile accident two days ago- -- that kinda year. But, 2 Final Fours, 2 Natty title games and a Title in the last 4 years, I'll take it! Aren't you a Wake Forest fan? How's that Danny Manning fella doing over in Winston Salem? They gonna extend him after another losing season?

Man them Deacons are gonna suprise some teams this year. Just starting a little slow. I could easily used them whippin them Heels this year.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with being a fan of a program. But to me it's a little unhealthy to be as thin skinned as you seem to be. You are most likely, a perfectly reasonable fellow when the conversation doesn't turn to college sports. Chill out, life shouldn't revolve a sport. That is unless you are on the team or coaching.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SPRaiders78 said:

Man them Deacons are gonna suprise some teams this year. Just starting a little slow. I could easily used them whippin them Heels this year.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with being a fan of a program. But to me it's a little unhealthy to be as thin skinned as you seem to be. You are most likely, a perfectly reasonable fellow when the conversation doesn't turn to college sports. Chill out, life shouldn't revolve a sport. That is unless you are on the team or coaching.

With all due respect, it's a high school football forum. Is smack talk not allowed? Appreciate the advice, however. I'll keep on having fun on here, if you don't mind. Go Heels!

13 minutes ago, Tyler12 said:

I'll keep on having fun on here, if you don't mind. Go Heels!

Oh, but I do mind.  Na, just having messing with you.  Do you remember when Mark Packer was on WFNZ, He always called Wake Forest, Switzerland. I think he was dead on with that one. I pull for Wake because 1. They get very little media coverage. 2. For the most part nobody cares. (Till they get beat of course.).    3. Wake is the closest ACC school to my home, I can be up there in about an hour and a half. 4. Rarely hard to get a good seat. 

I don't have to pull for a winner. It's great when they do now and then. I imagine I get more excited when they win than you do when heels win, you expect it. And I'd be willing to bet I don't get anywhere near as upset with a loss as you do, I expect it.  Oh well, enjoy your heels, go to church on Sunday and tell your mother you love her, if your lucky enough to still have her around.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SPRaiders78 said:

Oh, but I do mind.  Na, just having messing with you.  Do you remember when Mark Packer was on WFNZ, He always called Wake Forest, Switzerland. I think he was dead on with that one. I pull for Wake because 1. They get very little media coverage. 2. For the most part nobody cares. (Till they get beat of course.).    3. Wake is the closest ACC school to my home, I can be up there in about an hour and a half. 4. Rarely hard to get a good seat. 

I don't have to pull for a winner. It's great when they do now and then. I imagine I get more excited when they win than you do when heels win, you expect it. And I'd be willing to bet I don't get anywhere near as upset with a loss as you do, I expect it.  Oh well, enjoy your heels, go to church on Sunday and tell your mother you love her, if your lucky enough to still have her around.

I'll go one better for WFNZ.... I listened to the Packman and Pinter show when it was on..... Hayseed and the crew were a riot. Not sure what happened with them. I know there was some PC crap that went on and several of the regular co-hosts were let go. Show evolved into the Packman show and then you had a bunch of uncheat fans that would complain constantly that they were never given a fair shake on air. Well.... this thread is a prime example. You criticize anything uncheat and you get lambasted by Wally World regulars that have never stepped foot in a classroom in chapel hole. Thin skinned is an understatement. That's why so many fan bases pile on when they are horrible. Which is more often than not in football and becoming more regular in basketball. Couldn't happen to a more smug obnoxious fan base. 

6 minutes ago, WM1977 said:

I'll go one better for WFNZ.... I listened to the Packman and Pinter show when it was on..... Hayseed and the crew were a riot. Not sure what happened with them. I know there was some PC crap that went on and several of the regular co-hosts were let go. Show evolved into the Packman show and then you had a bunch of uncheat fans that would complain constantly that they were never given a fair shake on air. Well.... this thread is a prime example. You criticize anything uncheat and you get lambasted by Wally World regulars that have never stepped foot in a classroom in chapel hole. Thin skinned is an understatement. That's why so many fan bases pile on when they are horrible. Which is more often than not in football and becoming more regular in basketball. Couldn't happen to a more smug obnoxious fan base. 

Once again proving how much of an absolute idiot you really are.  Becoming more regular in basketball.  Interesting since we have been to multiple final 4s and won a national title with the last 4-5 years.  You keep living in your fantasy world, the people living in the real world will continue to call you out on your hypocrisy and idiotic statements every single time.

56 minutes ago, WM1977 said:

Good Afternoon! I love to talk a little smack on the side, all in good fun. But I'll take 2 Final Fours in Basketball and a very successful first year back for Mack with a bowl win in the last 4 years. Could be worse, I could be a fan of a team that just won 4 games in football and last title in basketball being in wait for it, 1983. Go Heels!

1 hour ago, WM1977 said:

Why do we responded to this clown he has no clue what he's talking about. Show me where it's more regular in basketball that's all I want to know.

2 hours ago, 84k said:

Show me where it's more regular 

2 hours ago, 84k said:

2 hours ago, 84k said:

2 hours ago, 84k said:

I just found out that you've really got to be real careful with that "quote"  button.

By the way, it's good to be regular.  I was stopped up once for about a week, thought I was gonna die.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WM1977 said:

They have this new thing called satellite radio now. Very cool....you should look into it.   

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Wrigley said:

They have this new thing called satellite radio now. Very cool....you should look into it.   

Thank you... I've been a subscriber since 2002... I really appreciate the advice. I have my first dash mounted XM radio on a shelf at home. I appreciate your smugness and arrogance. It really solidifies the persona of a uncheat fan! Never fails.... 

12 minutes ago, WM1977 said:

Thank you... I've been a subscriber since 2002... I really appreciate the advice. I have my first dash mounted XM radio on a shelf at home. I appreciate your smugness and arrogance. It really solidifies the persona of a uncheat fan! Never fails.... 

Pretty sure he is not a UNC fan.

1 hour ago, WM1977 said:

Lol. Where in the world did you get that he's a UNC fan? I appreciate you thinking only UNC fans know you're an ignoramus. It really solidifies the persona of a dumbass!

4 hours ago, WM1977 said:

Not a UNC fan. I find you entertaining. 

4 hours ago, WM1977 said:

Idiot. Once again your words prove what we all know to be true!!!

17 hours ago, Tyler12 said:

Lol. Where in the world did you get that he's a UNC fan? I appreciate you thinking only UNC fans know you're an ignoramus. It really solidifies the persona of a dumbass!

Yeah..... when you have to resort to insults it pretty much sums your character up. Says a lot about you. 

3 minutes ago, WM1977 said:

Yeah..... when you have to resort to insults it pretty much sums your character up. Says a lot about you. 

Feeling frisky today, WM. But all your "UNCCheat" rants are class act, top notch. Good luck getting your first title since 1983. 

5 minutes ago, WM1977 said:

In your post, you use insults.  Dude, I don't know whats in the water you are drinking, but it is clearly deteriorating your brain  cells at an accelerated pace.   

@work7 I am not sure if you know the answer to this, but you suggested that UNC should have gone after Trott who ended up at ECU.  It was announced that ECU and Trott are parting ways...any idea why? I can't find anything, and thought you may know.

8 minutes ago, WM1977 said:

My man even brought over the "unccheat" over to the Thomasville HC search thread. Seek help for that ABC syndrome, please. 

14 minutes ago, coachE42 said:

@work7 I am not sure if you know the answer to this, but you suggested that UNC should have gone after Trott who ended up at ECU.  It was announced that ECU and Trott are parting ways...any idea why? I can't find anything, and thought you may know.

No sir! It was a big surprise to me.

1 hour ago, coachE42 said:

Yeah, I knew you were really high on him and was surprised to see it as well.

I usually do dinner with him when he comes to Charlotte. I know him good enough to discuss football, but not well enough to inquire about what's going  on career wise. They were at the bottom on defense last year (Conference) . Houston is ruthless when it comes to his staff. He has no problem firing anyone. 

• Like 1