Wrigley

Mack Brown named new coach at UNC (Updated)

Rate this topic

State was coming off of back to back 9-4 seasons and everyone was on the bandwagon.  Do you think State will fire Doren based on this injury filled season?

1 hour ago, WM1977 said:

Congrats. Hopefully you end up in Detroit. This was your Super Bowl. You beat a coach that couldn't win a pee wee league with a 21 point advantage. He is loyal to a fault. Having co-offensive coordinators coupled with the worst DC in college football history isn't a bragging platform. You had a hell of a lot of offensive talent. Your Red Bull coach made that a priority. Howell is good. He doesn't interview well and will get his ass smacked around next season regularly. Look at the ACC this season. If you didn't win 6 games your coach should be fired immediately. This conference is the doormat of college football. Had APP not lost to GS they'd be in the top 10. Howell's biggest flaw is himself. He needs to tone it down and realize he has a very senior laden group he's throwing too that was used to the Fed offense. One game, one season doesn't make a program. Mack has two or three more years. We hear this from ESPN, hole fans all the time. Sleeping giant right? What they need to worry about now is how many players get arrested between now and their bowl game. Hopefully Dave "herb sendek" Doeren resigns or is fired. It's time. Best of luck and I'll see you next season. Three QBs, 7 starters (2 captains) lost for the season, 44 different players used as starters, 3 walkons starting in the defensive backfield hurt. BUT, in year 7 you don't have those issues if you are a Power 5 coach. He's got to go. Enjoy the win and make sure you check out the 6-6 banners they are selling at Wal Mart. 

I’ll be honest, big man, I ain’t reading that novel. You wrote a check your big mouth couldn’t cash. Have fun with DD and those QB’s. Bowl game in the first year! TAR!!!!

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, btango said:

State was coming off of back to back 9-4 seasons and everyone was on the bandwagon.  Do you think State will fire Doren based on this injury filled season?

No way. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Wrigley said:

No way. 

My thoughts, also.  The admin has been very high on him.  The question was really for WM as he is calling for his ouster.  

2 hours ago, btango said:

My thoughts, also.  The admin has been very high on him.  The question was really for WM as he is calling for his ouster.  

I replied. I stand by my statements. The facts speak for themselves. The coaches that left were the reason that State was good. Two NFL QBs with a hell of a defense, two NFL receivers, two NFL RBs are now showing that Doeren doesn't know how to coach. Mack is back to beating a less than equal team doesn't pan out. Good luck next season when they have to play when the receivers are gone. The RBs may or may not qualify for the requirements. unc is a "sleeping giant." I'll be fine in the morning knowing that we don't have to worry about our kids getting arrested and getting the DA to cover for them. 

2 hours ago, Tyler12 said:

I’ll be honest, big man, I ain’t reading that novel. You wrote a check your big mouth couldn’t cash. Have fun with DD and those QB’s. Bowl game in the first year! TAR!!!!

I understand that lots of words confuse you... but you come on here and bump those gums about one game, one season. No reason why unc doesn't win more, have a better program or even have fans in the seats. You are celebrating beating a team that was a 11 point underdog. That's your claim for victory??? The bar is set low I see. Enjoy. 

6 hours ago, WM1977 said:

I replied. I stand by my statements. The facts speak for themselves. The coaches that left were the reason that State was good. Two NFL QBs with a hell of a defense, two NFL receivers, two NFL RBs are now showing that Doeren doesn't know how to coach. Mack is back to beating a less than equal team doesn't pan out. Good luck next season when they have to play when the receivers are gone. The RBs may or may not qualify for the requirements. unc is a "sleeping giant." I'll be fine in the morning knowing that we don't have to worry about our kids getting arrested and getting the DA to cover for them. 

Just out of curiosity who is it that recruited and coached all that talent? Who hired all those coaches?

Every time you post it becomes even more clear just exactly how big a moron you are.

NC state like just about every Power 5 school in this state will never have continued success year in an year bnb out. There will always be a down recruiting year or depth issues due to injury. Doren has had one losing season not counting his first year. Been to 5 bowls, won 3 of them and comes off back to back 9 win seasons.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, WM1977 said:

I understand that lots of words confuse you... but you come on here and bump those gums about one game, one season. No reason why unc doesn't win more, have a better program or even have fans in the seats. You are celebrating beating a team that was a 11 point underdog. That's your claim for victory??? The bar is set low I see. Enjoy. 

Good morning, tough guy! Words don’t confuse me, but your old stale lines do.  Bump my gums? Didn’t you start a thread after the Wake game? Just responding! Claim to victory is that this is a new coaching staff, freshman quarter back, leading rusher is a sophomore, leading receiver is a sophomore, return 4 starting offensive linemen, linebackers are all underclassmen. Secondary will get several guys back from injury. Wait....plus a top 15 recruiting class. 2 wins to 6 with a shot at 7. All losses were within 7 points. That, my friend, is my claim to victory of a very successful first-year campaign under Coach Brown. Hopefully you guys will be more competitive next year after a plethora of blowouts. Good luck in 2020! TAR! 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Tyler12 said:

Good morning, tough guy! Words don’t confuse me, but your old stale lines do.  Bump my gums? Didn’t you start a thread after the Wake game? Just responding! Claim to victory is that this is a new coaching staff, freshman quarter back, leading rusher is a sophomore, leading receiver is a sophomore, return 4 starting offensive linemen, linebackers are all underclassmen. Secondary will get several guys back from injury. Wait....plus a top 15 recruiting class. 2 wins to 6 with a shot at 7. All losses were within 7 points. That, my friend, is my claim to victory of a very successful first-year campaign under Coach Brown. Hopefully you guys will be more competitive next year after a plethora of blowouts. Good luck in 2020! TAR! 

Yep...you've never took a class at unc-cheat. Keep that mullett sharp and those stickers fresh on your pinto. Look at the last 12 years of the series and hang your hat on this game. Like I said, let's see how many players from this years team make it without getting arrested. That is always a challenge with the integrity of that cesspool pool of a university. 

1 hour ago, Wrigley said:

Just out of curiosity who is it that recruited and coached all that talent? Who hired all those coaches?

Every time you post it becomes even more clear just exactly how big a moron you are.

NC state like just about every Power 5 school in this state will never have continued success year in an year bnb out. There will always be a down recruiting year or depth issues due to injury. Doren has had one losing season not counting his first year. Been to 5 bowls, won 3 of them and comes off back to back 9 win seasons.

Glad to see you are still keeping up with the personal attacks. Shows character. Very telling of a person that when all else fails they resort to insults. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, WM1977 said:

Glad to see you are still keeping up with the personal attacks. Shows character. Very telling of a person that when all else fails they resort to insults. 

You are calling someone else out on personal insults? You insulted his appearance, What kind of vehicle he drove, and then you get mad when he responds. You sir, are an absolute joke and the epitome of a State fan. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, WM1977 said:

Yep...you've never took a class at unc-cheat. Keep that mullett sharp and those stickers fresh on your pinto. Look at the last 12 years of the series and hang your hat on this game. Like I said, let's see how many players from this years team make it without getting arrested. That is always a challenge with the integrity of that cesspool pool of a university. 

Pot meet kettle...

https://www.journalnow.com/news/state/n-c-state-football-player-suspended-after-arrest-on-assault/article_c5bc02a0-4462-5b2c-88a1-cbd94ec58015.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/2870438002

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, WM1977 said:

Nothing personal about it. Just a statement of fact. Like...." Its dark at night"

2 hours ago, WM1977 said:

You must have forgotten the Jimmy V years and the crowd that could barely be understood when they talked in an interview! Now take the ass whipping you got and enjoy your offseason like a good little boy. And before you start I am not a UNC fan!

4 hours ago, WM1977 said:

I love it when old people are mad online. Better luck next year, skippy! Tar!

14 minutes ago, EMEagle said:

Puke, ECU, and NC State....what do these three programs have in common? 🧐🧐

App St would beat them all just like App St beat UNC.

• Haha 1

UnC had their issues but State has zero room to talk.  Must have forgot though. Also find humor in cow college fan saying a UNC fan has a mullet.  And why review only the last 12 years?  Because it fits your narrative and makes you feel better.  What’s the overall between both schools?  (Crickets) 67-36-6 football.  112-57 basketball. Hmmm.   Is it even a rivalry if it’s that one sided?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Appvol said:

In a rebuilding year, and only to flop against GA Southern and blow an undefeated season. I can't hate App State though, so that's all I got for you.

6 hours ago, EMEagle said:

In a rebuilding year, and only to flop against GA Southern and blow an undefeated season. I can't hate App State though, so that's all I got for you.

I believe App. st. is a school nobody hates. I pull for them every week except when they play the heels.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 84k said:

I believe App. st. is a school nobody hates. I pull for them every week except when they play the heels.

Nope, as a Western graduate, I still hate App even though they moved up.  It's just a requirement.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 84k said:

Unless you went to WCU...then you despise them!!!

I will say that if there has ever been an opportunity to make a run for UNC this would probably be it. The 2nd best team in the ACC is a 28 point underdog to Clemson this week which is just mind blowing to me. The ACC is just awful and if UNC can string a couple of top 10 classes together the window is wide open here.  VTech is down, FSU is a dumpster fire so you are really left with a ton of 2nd tier middle of the road teams.

6 wins was big for Brown. I think he absolutely needed to get bowl eligible to keep momentum going and I think he is going to get an early Xmas gift on 12-18.  

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Appvol said:

Pretty nice recovery for your boy Pruitt. I would have never thought they would get to 7 after that start. Could they end up playing UNC in Nashville in the Music City Bowl? 

1 minute ago, Wrigley said:

Pretty nice recovery for your boy Pruitt. I would have never thought they would get to 7 after that start. Could they end up playing UNC in Nashville in the Music City Bowl? 

Don't think UNC will end up in a bowl of that caliber.  I have seen two predictions...Military Bowl against Navy and Belk Bowl against Florida Atlantic.  Regardless of what bowl we play in, I am just happy the seniors will get to experience a bowl game. 

3 minutes ago, coachE42 said:

Don't think UNC will end up in a bowl of that caliber.  I have seen two predictions...Military Bowl against Navy and Belk Bowl against Florida Atlantic.  Regardless of what bowl we play in, I am just happy the seniors will get to experience a bowl game. 

I have seen them mentioned in all 3. The Brown story gives them some juice that a 6 win team doesnt usually have. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wrigley said:

I have seen them mentioned in all 3. The Brown story gives them some juice that a 6 win team doesnt usually have. 

Agree, and if we are talking about the same surprise on 12/18, I can't wait.  Recruiting class is special in his first year.

27 minutes ago, Wrigley said:

6 wins was big for Brown. I think he absolutely needed to get bowl eligible to keep momentum going and I think he is going to get an early Xmas gift on 12-18.  

I hope you're saying what I think you're saying. It would be a major win on the trails for the Heels.

41 minutes ago, Wrigley said:

I will say that if there has ever been an opportunity to make a run for UNC this would probably be it. The 2nd best team in the ACC is a 28 point underdog to Clemson this week which is just mind blowing to me. The ACC is just awful and if UNC can string a couple of top 10 classes together the window is wide open here.  VTech is down, FSU is a dumpster fire so you are really left with a ton of 2nd tier middle of the road teams.

I hope what I'm thinking is what you are talking about on 12-18

18 minutes ago, EMEagle said:

I hope you're saying what I think you're saying. It would be a major win on the trails for the Heels.

Maverick to Heel has a nice ring to it!!!

• Like 1

A certain coach from a certain school will be spending a lot of tomorrow with a certain special player Tuesday!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wrigley said:

Me to. I was thinking 2 wins the way the season started. Wish Crouch hadn’t fumbled Saturday or he would of had his 2nd TD of the year. I’ve been reading a bowl game in Florida. I was really happy Jarrett Guarantano rebounded and played better. I think some of the fanbase went a little to far on how they treated throughout the year.

2 hours ago, btango said:

A certain coach from a certain school will be spending a lot of tomorrow with a certain special player Tuesday!

Are you talking about Brian Neidermeyer and Darnell Washington. Oh wait that was today.

41 minutes ago, Chargers#1 said:

Congrats to Chazz on making 1st team all ACC. Amazing what he's been able to do this year. 

Chazz has done an incredible job in his transition to the linebacker position.  I hope he stays one more year to better perfect his technique and then go to the NFL.

• Like 1

I am floored it has worked out like this. I guess it just goes to show that if you are an athlete and you have some real understanding of the game you can make it happen.

• Like 2

On 12/1/2019 at 10:36 AM, WM1977 said:

And now we have this gem from your favorite school in Raleigh. Football season is over so he is just shooting guns indoors 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

https://www.cbs17.com/news/local-news/wake-county-news/nc-state-football-player-cited-after-rifle-accidentally-fires-in-raleigh-apartment-police-say/

• Haha 1