Wrigley

Mack Brown named new coach at UNC (Updated)

Rate this topic

It wasn’t just academics. Was sorting out some personal/off the field issues. Hopefully the kid is healthy mentally and physically.

Nobody knows Mack and nobody wants to play for a 60+ year old head coach. I’m sure someone will find some reason why Mack has nothing to do with this. Before anyone chimes in, yes I know Dre Bly was a Coach at Myers Park, but Mack is a closer.

• Like 1

I think this player came through the Hammer Down Heels program that Bly and some other former UNC players run.

Wish they could have swayed Bowick.  Top end speed may not be the best but what a player.

• Like 1

Agreed btango.  Bowick would have been a huge get, but there is another pretty good receiver visiting this weekend that is pretty familiar with Bly and Roseman-Sinclair.

5 hours ago, coachE42 said:

Agreed btango.  Bowick would have been a huge get, but there is another pretty good receiver visiting this weekend that is pretty familiar with Bly and Roseman-Sinclair.

Muhammed is Class of 2020 so both would have been great.  MM has a year to grown and improve.  Found Bowick to be much more physical with more ability to make the play this past season.  College competition will be different in high school but his aggressiveness on either side of the ball, blocking or receiving impressed me.

• Like 1

Good job by Mack in his first few months at UNC. Took a class that was 90th in the country to about 30. Just got one of the best LB’ers in VA. The 6’8 DE from Charlotte yesterday was also a big get. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tyler12 said:

Good job by Mack in his first few months at UNC. Took a class that was 90th in the country to about 30. Just got one of the best LB’ers in VA. The 6’8 DE from Charlotte yesterday was also a big get. 

Charlotte had a 6'8" DE  in the city? Where did he play and what was his name?

Mack is so bad at this recruiting thing after being out of the game so long. He is so out of tune with today’s game that he managed to secure another 4* recruit today! Loving the excitement that is building in Chapel Hill.

Add another 4 star to next years class. Downs was favored to go to State and Michigan. Mack, Dre, Thig and Brew are doing some work in Chapel Hill. 

Something about kid's committing  before the season and the Team falls short? Don't get it done on the field and players will exit quicker than turning off the lights. You can't add players with stars before signing Day. 

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Tyler12 said:

Add another 4 star to next years class. Downs was favored to go to State and Michigan. Mack, Dre, Thig and Brew are doing some work in Chapel Hill. 

I havent followed it real closely but I am curious? Does this piss you guys off even more that they hung around with Fedora. I mean just based on recruiting it took Brown 4 weeks to do what Fedora couldnt do the last 2 years.

• Haha 1

Mack is making some noise. He will own the state in a year. State fans are pissing them selves and crying on every message board around. Good time to be a heels fan!!!!

2 hours ago, Swo05 said:

Mack is making some noise. He will own the state in a year. State fans are pissing them selves and crying on every message board around. Good time to be a heels fan!!!!

Although the expectations of FSU and the Heels are totally different when it comes to winning games.  FSU lost 2 Five Stars, 5 four Stars, and 4 Three Stars from the 2019 Class.  That's 11 decommits! Them going 5-7 had a lot to do with that. If you don't win games, all the noise goes away. I see you put up a confused meme 😕. I hope that helps you out?  YOU GOTTA WIN FOOTBALL GAMES!  The Wolfpack has more NC players on their roster than any team in the ACC. They've also beaten the Heels the last 3 years in a row. I doubt they're doing any crying. The Heels need to figure out how to beat a In-State program other than WCU, before they can start with the it's a good time to be a Heels Fan...lol! Love the optimism but they only won 2 games last year. I'm cheering form them, but winning games is the litmus test for me. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Wrigley said:

I havent followed it real closely but I am curious? Does this piss you guys off even more that they hung around with Fedora. I mean just based on recruiting it took Brown 4 weeks to do what Fedora couldnt do the last 2 years.

Honestly, I'm so excited and pumped I don't even recognize the name "Fedora" anymore! Hell of a turn around. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, work7 said:

Although the expectations of FSU and the Heels are totally different when it comes to winning games.  FSU lost 2 Five Stars, 5 four Stars, and 4 Three Stars from the 2019 Class.  That's 11 decommits! Them going 5-7 had a lot to do with that. If you don't win games, all the noise goes away. I see you put up a confused meme 😕. I hope that helps you out?  YOU GOTTA WIN FOOTBALL GAMES!  The Wolfpack has more NC players on their roster than any team in the ACC. They've also beaten the Heels the last 3 years in a row. I doubt they're doing any crying. The Heels need to figure out how to beat a In-State program other than WCU, before they can start with the it's a good time to be a Heels Fan...lol! Love the optimism but they only won 2 games last year. I'm cheering form them, but winning games is the litmus test for me. 

You doubt they're crying? You might wanna check out Pack Pride and the tweet from the State Tight Ends coach recently. They're worried, no doubt about it. 

First step is getting the buzz back and building those relationships with NC coaches. No doubt he's done that. 

Do agree with you that you have to win games but Mack and company are doing everything they need to be doing right now. Can't argue that. 

Yea, they only won two games last year with Fedora as coach and Elliot as QB. In 2019, they'll have a National Champion and Hall-of-Famer on the sidelines along with a 4* recruit behind center. Yea.... They also had 2 wins when Mack took over and took them from 90 overall in recruiting to 31 in 8 weeks. They're currently top 15 in 2020 recruiting, while having 2 wins last year. 

• Thanks 1

They may start Howell but that is definitely not a guarantee.  The other two QBs both looked very good last year and I think the new staff likes the second one that was used, they player from Kansas.

Very interesting season coming up. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, btango said:

They may start Howell but that is definitely not a guarantee.  The other two QBs both looked very good last year and I think the new staff likes the second one that was used, they player from Kansas.

Very interesting season coming up. 

Ruder was also a 4*. I think the starting job is between those two. Regardless, UNC has made an upgrade on the sidelines and will have an upgrade at the QB position. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, work7 said:

LoL what is the world are you even talking about there young buck. Who cares about Florida State? They hired a no body and wasted away a good 5 years. Back to UNC, yes state fans are crying and pissing themselves as we talk. Get off the couch and view their message boards LoL. Mack attack is back and will be a force in a year. UNC is the premier school in the state and will always be. They are top 15 for 2020 in recruiting. But okay keep talking about last year lol. Had no QB and no coach, can't win many games like that.  Btw UNC all time record vs state is lopsided in UNC favor. Keep drinking that koolaide young one