Wrigley

Mack Brown named new coach at UNC (Updated)

Rate this topic

It wasn’t just academics. Was sorting out some personal/off the field issues. Hopefully the kid is healthy mentally and physically.

Nobody knows Mack and nobody wants to play for a 60+ year old head coach. I’m sure someone will find some reason why Mack has nothing to do with this. Before anyone chimes in, yes I know Dre Bly was a Coach at Myers Park, but Mack is a closer.

• Like 1

I think this player came through the Hammer Down Heels program that Bly and some other former UNC players run.

Wish they could have swayed Bowick.  Top end speed may not be the best but what a player.

• Like 1

Agreed btango.  Bowick would have been a huge get, but there is another pretty good receiver visiting this weekend that is pretty familiar with Bly and Roseman-Sinclair.

5 hours ago, coachE42 said:

Agreed btango.  Bowick would have been a huge get, but there is another pretty good receiver visiting this weekend that is pretty familiar with Bly and Roseman-Sinclair.

Muhammed is Class of 2020 so both would have been great.  MM has a year to grown and improve.  Found Bowick to be much more physical with more ability to make the play this past season.  College competition will be different in high school but his aggressiveness on either side of the ball, blocking or receiving impressed me.

• Like 1