Wrigley

Mack Brown named new coach at UNC (Updated)

Rate this topic

9 minutes ago, work7 said:

What are the chances of Howell starting as a Fresh, if he picks Carolina? Are the Heels still in search for a 5th year QB?

With how bad they wanted him, I’d bet that he’s starting in Charlotte against South Carolina. 

One if the two freshman will end up transferring I expect.  Most likely the one from Kansas that played later in the season.  It will be between the remaining freshman and Howell. 

Hard to judge Howell off of his high school career just as it was Surratt.  Surratt threw a lot of short passes that had big yards after catch.  Howell has ran the ball a lot.  I prefer a qb that will stand in until the last second then takes off.  Howell is quicker and more agile than Chaz.  Interesting!

Surratt should have stayed with Duke. Cutliffe  has a long history of doing more with QB's. Lot of chatter about Surratt when he flipped from DUKE. Now he's playing OLB? I don't know of anyone who can guarantee  how these QB's are going to turn out.  It's pretty much hit or miss.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, work7 said:

Surratt should have stayed with Duke. Cutliffe  has a long history of doing more with QB's. Lot of chatter about Surratt when he flipped from DUKE. Now he's playing OLB? I don't know of anyone who can guarantee  how these QB's are going to turn out.  It's pretty much hit or miss.

Chazz’s injury his senior year changed him,  not sure anyone could’ve done anything about it. 

1 hour ago, work7 said:

Chazz is moving to outside linebacker? I can see his brother doing it but not Chazz. His brother played LB and Dline his senior year at Lincolnton. Tough defender.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tyler12 said:

Chazz’s injury his senior year changed him,  not sure anyone could’ve done anything about it. 

His issue is not his arm.  Decision making and playbook comprehension.

2 minutes ago, btango said:

Didn’t say specifically his arm, a lot of factors there. 

15 minutes ago, Appvol said:

Anthony Harris of Havelock didn’t sign with Tennessee today.That may be one to watch. UNC may flip him.

They want him bad. His buddy Avery Jones is at UNC along with teammate Welton Spottsville. 

16 hours ago, btango said:

He should have gone to Duke. Cutcliffe molded a dual threat QB from Florida into a passer he played and won 3 games this year after starter was hurt.  He never gets big time recruits at QB but develops the hell out of  them. Fedora lied to Chaz and told him he could play Basketball and football. Duke told him not possible. Once again these kids need to have someone around them who can tell them the truth not what they want to hear.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Creekprogram said:

He should have gone to Duke. Cutcliffe molded a dual threat QB from Florida into a passer he played and won 3 games this year after starter was hurt.  He never gets big time recruits at QB but develops the hell out of  them. Fedora lied to Chaz and told him he could play Basketball and football. Duke told him not possible. Once again these kids need to have someone around them who can tell them the truth not what they want to hear.  

Yeah I remember that story of how Roy Williams gave him a spot on the basketball team. Seemed to be the selling point. I’m just curious after the shoe selling violation and suspension why Surratt is still at Carolina. Moving hasn’t been an issue for Surratts. Is he content being a backup or will he move on? Looks like the decommit to Duke was a mistake.

46 minutes ago, GDG said:

Yeah I remember that story of how Roy Williams gave him a spot on the basketball team. Seemed to be the selling point. I’m just curious after the shoe selling violation and suspension why Surratt is still at Carolina. Moving hasn’t been an issue for Surratts. Is he content being a backup or will he move on? Looks like the decommit to Duke was a mistake.

Word is he's moving to defense. 

Chaz should have never contemplated basketball.  Do not see him as even remotely close to being a contributor at the ACC level.

4 hours ago, El Campion said:

Lol Tennessee still will be 6-6

Maybe but I will get to watch Crouch the next 3 to 4 years in Neyland. Heck 6-6 will be better than this year. Hopefully Crouch will help get us back to the Fulmer days.

4 hours ago, Tyler12 said:

Damn. Tough 52-13 loss for State. Expected more with all that North Carolina talent. 

Getting harder and harder to even watch these games. Coach movement, players sitting out. I really think if you go to 8 teams in a playoff the bowl games diminish to the point of simple practice time for underclassmen. USC performance against UVA was awful. Herbert is supposed to be the best QB in the country? He was terrible yesterday.

Clearly it stopped being a priority at UNC. When is the last time they won one?

The four team playoff is the only thing that is really a hot topic.  No one cares much about the other bowl games except the people directly involved.  

If I am a player with NFL aspirations it would be hard to get me to play in one of these bowls.  Final Four, I would be all about that!!!  As a coach, I would prefer the bowl games and lead up practices be played without players that will not return.  Allows you to prepare for the next season.  That is the most important aspect of a bowl, in my opinion, extra practice time.

2 hours ago, Wrigley said:

Getting harder and harder to even watch these games. Coach movement, players sitting out. I really think if you go to 8 teams in a playoff the bowl games diminish to the point of simple practice time for underclassmen. USC performance against UVA was awful. Herbert is supposed to be the best QB in the country? He was terrible yesterday.

Clearly it stopped being a priority at UNC. When is the last time they won one?

That’s why there is a new sheriff in town. I expected a better game, you know, with all that home-grown talent everyone is talking about. 

2 minutes ago, Tyler12 said:

That’s why there is a new sheriff in town. I expected a better game, you know, with all that home-grown talent everyone is talking about. 

They have won 3 bowl games in the 2000's. They have had 3 or 4 new sheriffs in that time.

17 minutes ago, Wrigley said:

They have won 3 bowl games in the 2000's. They have had 3 or 4 new sheriffs in that time.

Were any of them hall-of-famers? 

I’ll be happy to talk about UNC when we see the new product on the field. But I’m more interested in the result of yesterday’s State game.

9 minutes ago, Wrigley said:

Since you’re in the mood for stats. I guess I just had higher hopes of a better game considering this was State’s chance to get to double-digit wins for the first time since 2002 (only time in school history).