Wrigley

Mack Brown named new coach at UNC (Updated)

Rate this topic

This new staff should go after Jaheim Mullen from Hunter Huss. Kid is a stud on both sides of the ball, great athlete, great kid, and Carries a GPA between 3.5 and 4. Transferred to Huss this year after playing 3 years at Newton-Conover, and he was a real difference maker for that team. Multiple articles written about him this year in the Gaston Gazette. 

23 hours ago, coachE42 said:

Seems as though Mack has hired an OC from the SEC. Phil Longo, but I’m sure to all the UNC haters, he sucks and his offenses aren’t very good

To be fair I really dont know how his offenses are. I follow the game pretty closely and cant think of any moment when I saw Ole Miss play and thought.....WOW, awesome offense. What I will say is this both Longo and Bateman may in fact be solid choices they are miles away from " hot :" names that were first thrown around. Ultimately results will be what matters. I am skeptical

16 minutes ago, Wrigley said:

To be fair I really dont know how his offenses are. I follow the game pretty closely and cant think of any moment when I saw Ole Miss play and thought.....WOW, awesome offense. What I will say is this both Longo and Bateman may in fact be solid choices they are miles away from " hot :" names that were first thrown around. Ultimately results will be what matters. I am skeptical

Ole Miss was 12th and 9th in @SBN_BillC's offensive S&P+ ratings the last two years, against the SEC. Ole Miss had the fifth-best passing offense in the country among FBS teams this past season, averaging 346.4 yards per game with another 164.1 yards a game on the ground. 

Ole Miss averaged 34 points per game.  

4 hours ago, Wrigley said:

I don’t think they are miles away from hot names. Kingsbury is a big name, and there are one, maybe 2 schools in the ACC who could beat out the real USC for a football coach, and none of them are in this state. Bateman is widely regarded as one of the top up-and coming DCs in america. Held Oklahoma to 28 points this year. For a 2-9 team last year, these are absolute Homerun hires.

On 12/12/2018 at 7:05 PM, coachE42 said:

I don’t think they are miles away from hot names. Kingsbury is a big name, and there are one, maybe 2 schools in the ACC who could beat out the real USC for a football coach, and none of them are in this state. Bateman is widely regarded as one of the top up-and coming DCs in america. Held Oklahoma to 28 points this year. For a 2-9 team last year, these are absolute Homerun hires.

I love Bateman, He was one I reached out to when he was at Elon and Ball State.  But let's be honest about the Oklahoma game, the offense was the major part of keeping them to 28 points. With the spread, you will need some athletes.  You saw the Great Alabama D against GA and Clemson against SC.  This day and age you better be able to score!!!!

• Thanks 1