Wrigley

Mack Brown named new coach at UNC (Updated)

Rate this topic

7 hours ago, WM1977 said:

anybody seen a relevant unc-cheat football team in the last 30 years? most of the unc-cheat fans have never even step foot on campus. not that it matters. they are just like the athletes. wear the gear, never attend classes! 

For someone who bashes people for

not attending classes, you may want to go to class for proper grammar...it may help your arguments have validity.

11 hours ago, WM1977 said:

anybody seen a relevant unc-cheat football team in the last 30 years? most of the unc-cheat fans have never even step foot on campus. not that it matters. they are just like the athletes. wear the gear, never attend classes! 

Washburn couldn't even spell CLASS, and the Wolfsack football players haven't seen a blunt they wouldn't pass up!!!!

3 hours ago, WM1977 said:

WM1977 - this thread has gone on for a long time and has had some good back and forth between some good knowledgeable posters. Then you showed up and started making this about some personal issue with the school not related to football. 

I am not a UNC fan but somehow manage to have a little fun while keeping it above board. How bout we just keep this to football commentary with a little trash talk thrown in rather than this junk. 

Plenty of places you can discuss this kind of stuff. Maybe a different sandbox is where you need to be.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Appears Sam Howell will be the starter at QB against South Carolina.  Anyone heard anything to support this or different?

23 minutes ago, btango said:

Appears Sam Howell will be the starter at QB against South Carolina.  Anyone heard anything to support this or different?

Mack is saying Sam will get the first team reps leading up to SC. 

21 minutes ago, Tyler12 said:

Mack is saying Sam will get the first team reps leading up to SC. 

Guess what I heard the other day..................MACK IS BACK!!!

3 minutes ago, Wrigley said:

Guess what I heard the other day..................MACK IS BACK!!!

Lol. I need to send you a shirt so you can wear it proudly. 

Hey Guys. 

Everyone feeling OK?

Grab a beer, get your girl and let's talk about it. 

Oh yea...

MACK IS BACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

• Like 1

Thought the Brown interview after the game was a special. Clearly means alot to him. Realizes he is on the last ride.

New Bern and The Tar heels in the same weekend. I think you and me should head to Vegas...lol

FYI- if you listen closely you can hear transfer portal ringing in Knoxville. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Wrigley said:

Thought the Brown interview after the game was a special. Clearly means alot to him. Realizes he is on the last ride.

New Bern and The Tar heels in the same weekend. I think you and me should head to Vegas...lol

FYI- if you listen closely you can hear transfer portal ringing in Knoxville. 

That interview hit me hard. You can tell the love that he has for the University and the kids. Was a little frustrated with the staff early on with how they were using Howell but man, what a roller-coaster of a game. 

I thought both UNC and NB would get beat by 21+ each. No idea what I've witnessed the last 24 hours but I'm not going to complain. 

I've got a Tenn friend that literally wants to shut down the whole program after today. What a disaster. 

• Like 1

Anybody else think the clock management at end of game by UNC was, shall we say, “confusing?” It worked out for UNC but...

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, ConnerP said:

Anybody else think the clock management at end of game by UNC was, shall we say, “confusing?” It worked out for UNC but...

Yea I would've shut down all of social media if SC scored on that. Think there was some miscommunication on what should've been done but I like how Mack handled the situation afterwards. Coaches were kinda going nuts and Mack was telling them to calm down. What a up and down game. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ConnerP said:

It was a disaster.  I nearly fell out of my chair when they took the knee with 11 seconds. 

That said....Bentley was TERRIBLE today. He has regressed badly. He was better as a Freshman 

1 hour ago, Tyler12 said:

Yea I would've shut down all of social media if SC scored on that. Think there was some miscommunication on what should've been done but I like how Mack handled the situation afterwards. Coaches were kinda going nuts and Mack was telling them to calm down. What a up and down game. 

Not sure what happened there? Maybe they were confused about what down it was? Mack didn't seem happy about it and the sideline was sweating bullets. At first I thought maybe they were looking to take a delay of game since they were midfield and were going to make sure the kicker had a better chance of not getting a touchback? Then having the returner field it would have burned about 6 or 7 seconds. Maybe that is what Mack wanted but was an error on the freshman QB? The QB and Mack had a pretty lengthy discussion before that play so it's a head scratcher. Either way it's a huge win for the program right now. Mack certainly cares about that program is the big takeaway for me in the interview.

#mackisback

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Wrigley said:

It was a disaster.  I nearly fell out of my chair when they took the knee with 11 seconds. 

That said....Bentley was TERRIBLE today. He has regressed badly. He was better as a Freshman 

Glad it wasn’t just me. I’m sitting there doing the math saying they’ve got to run plays that use more time or back up/run around/ delay in taking the knee. I figured they must just be planning on punting it deep out of bounds with just a few seconds left... something. Truthfully, anything but taking a knee on 4th in easy Hail Mary range with 11 seconds left. You could hear Mack  yelling “Sam 3 seconds” for when to snap it each time. 

I literally looked at the guys I was watching the game with & said “No math majors on that staff.” They got away with it but it was stunningly bad.

Agreed on Bentley.

17 hours ago, Wrigley said:

He has always been an INT waiting to happen in the red zone.  Great guy, good teammate but dang.

3 hours ago, btango said:

He has always been an INT waiting to happen in the red zone.  Great guy, good teammate but dang.

Last drive he had a guy on a little skinny post( think it was Shi) . Had his guy beat by 3 steps, no safety help and he air mailed the throw by 20 feet. That's a HS throw.

Nobody giving the Heels credit for the 4th quarter comeback. Yes the Gamecocks got a gift possession and had they scored it would have been a collapse for the ages...but the defense made the key play when they had to. Too bad he was down and that add on TD that would’ve made it 30-20 didn’t count. What about  Muschamp’s bonehead decision to punt at midfield on 4th and 1 midway through the 4th quarter? Didn’t work out too good for the Gamecocks. Can’t play not to lose and it bit them. Heels did make some mistakes after that but the momentum was clearly on their side after that. GO HEELS. 

On 9/8/2018 at 7:23 PM, Wrigley said:

Please god.....someone put him out if his misery. Its difficult to watch at this point.

UPDATED: 11/26/18 Mack Brown to be named as the new head coach at UNC. 

Shows what you know about football in this state.  Nothing.

And all the experts who watched on the tee-vee missed the obvious.  The Shamecocks wilted in the heat.  If nothing else, Mack has the team in great shape.  I was there and saw the Tar Heels dominate the 4th quarter especially; the SC fans got tired too, especially in the 4th quarter.  Sitting in the shade was too much for those lightweights.

UNC outgained So Car by over 200 yard, and SC scored on a busted play and missed tackle. Add in the terrible special teams play by UNC and ultra conservative red zone offense in the first, and that's the only reason the tar heels didn't dominate the game... They were stronger up front and bullied that "SEC" LINE.

1 hour ago, TaxAct said:

And all the experts who watched on the tee-vee missed the obvious.  The Shamecocks wilted in the heat.  If nothing else, Mack has the team in great shape.  I was there and saw the Tar Heels dominate the 4th quarter especially; the SC fans got tired too, especially in the 4th quarter.  Sitting in the shade was too much for those lightweights.

You might want to go back and check the date on my post. It was from last year...lmao. I was talking about Fedora.

I have a pretty good understanding of football. Thanks though for your reply ...12 months later.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TaxAct said:

Did anyone notice Javonte Williams yesterday. He's a beast! And,he is from our Wallace - Rose Hill area. Young man going to be a great football player if God chooses.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, dogs79 said:

Did anyone notice Javonte Williams yesterday. He's a beast! And,he is from our Wallace - Rose Hill area. Young man going to be a great football player if God chooses.

Javonte is almost impossible to bring down by one player. He breaks a lot of tackles!

On 8/31/2019 at 7:05 PM, Tyler12 said:

Hey Guys. 

Everyone feeling OK?

Grab a beer, get your girl and let's talk about it. 

Oh yea...

MACK IS BACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Great win....Muschamp is a disaster in game Coach and coming up Franks at Miami is an INT waiting to happen. If Heels can steal these first two they may get to 5-6 and be able to hold on to those 4/5 star recruits which is imperative to the future of the program. Everything else is irrelevant.  

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 8:27 PM, Wrigley said:

Not sure when Bentley was injured in the game,but he has been ruled out indefinitely due to a foot injury.South Carolina will start a freshman next week replacing the injured Bentley.

6 hours ago, 71K said:

Not sure when Bentley was injured in the game,but he has been ruled out indefinitely due to a foot injury.South Carolina will start a freshman next week replacing the injured Bentley.

Saw that. His play was terrible but you always hate to see that. Might be his last game.

1 hour ago, Tyler12 said:

He came down awkwardly on that last play. 

Twitter can just be brutal. Some of the things I have seen posted about this kid in the last 24 hours is just crazy nuts.

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 8:58 PM, dogs79 said:

#25 Javonte Williams is no joke. He was running all over the Gamecocks!!!

• Like 1

On 9/1/2019 at 11:13 PM, Creekprogram said:

Great win....Muschamp is a disaster in game Coach and coming up Franks at Miami is an INT waiting to happen. If Heels can steal these first two they may get to 5-6 and be able to hold on to those 4/5 star recruits which is imperative to the future of the program. Everything else is irrelevant.  

Yes, Franks is an INT waiting to happen but he plays for UF.

Sup guys. Hope we don’t lose any recruits in front of that packed out crowd while beating yet another Power 5 school in back to back weeks as underdogs. Let’s go! Mack is BACK! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1