Wrigley

Mack Brown named new coach at UNC (Updated)

Rate this topic

53 minutes ago, 84k said:

Wrigley, are you buying in now that Mack is back. Hopefully it translate to N.C. winning more games.

I will buy in when the old guy wins games. That said, you cant debate that he has done a remarkable job with recruiting.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Tyler12 said:

4* Ja'Qurious Conley and 5* Desmond Evans on deck. UNC currently has commits from 6 of the top 13 kids in the state with 5 of them being on defense. Murphy, Evans, Bingley-Jones and Lawless on the D-line next year. Back end has commits from multiple 4* kids plus transfers from Va Tech, Clemson and Auburn coming in. 

What transfers?????

2 hours ago, scots roll said:

What transfers?????

Kyler McMichael- 4 star recruit who was a Clemson commit and #56 overall prospect in last years class

Cam’Ron Kelly- 4 star recruit who originally committed to Auburn this year but is transferring due to a illness in his family. 

Bryce Watts- Started all 12 games for Va Tech last year, will be eligible next year for the Heels as a RS Junior 

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 6:57 AM, Tyler12 said:

Kyler McMichael- 4 star recruit who was a Clemson commit and #56 overall prospect in last years class

Cam’Ron Kelly- 4 star recruit who originally committed to Auburn this year but is transferring due to a illness in his family. 

Bryce Watts- Started all 12 games for Va Tech last year, will be eligible next year for the Heels as a RS Junior 

Thanks T-12.I knew about Watts and I thought Kelly was  just a recruit that changed his mind. What position does the McMicheal kid plays?  

1 minute ago, scots roll said:

Thanks T-12.I knew about Watts and I thought Kelly was  just a recruit that changed his mind. What position does the McMicheal kid plays?  

Defensive Back. 

On 8/3/2019 at 12:44 PM, Tyler12 said:

4* Ja'Qurious Conley and 5* Desmond Evans on deck. UNC currently has commits from 6 of the top 13 kids in the state with 5 of them being on defense. Murphy, Evans, Bingley-Jones and Lawless on the D-line next year. Back end has commits from multiple 4* kids plus transfers from Va Tech, Clemson and Auburn coming in. 

Who told you Conley was going to Carolina ? I can assure you it wasn’t Conley lol

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, MonarchTerritory2016 said:

Who told you Conley was going to Carolina ? I can assure you it wasn’t Conley lol

It’s a wrap! 

I guess Fats and the crew are back on the payroll at unc-cheat!! Bring it on. It's always a pleasure to see the pundits rave about the "sleeping giant" in Chapel Hole and watch as they limp to finish above .500 time, and time, and time, and time again. You also have to keep in mind that another site actively promotes unc-cheat on a daily basis via social media and has unfettered access to the recruits and the coaching staffs at the high schools. I'm not saying anything illegal is going on.....but if the NCAA saw the social media, pics with recruits etc.... all while promoting a recruiting/high school website??? I think more than one question would arise. And it should. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, WM1977 said:

I guess Fats and the crew are back on the payroll at unc-cheat!! Bring it on. It's always a pleasure to see the pundits rave about the "sleeping giant" in Chapel Hole and watch as they limp to finish above .500 time, and time, and time, and time again. You also have to keep in mind that another site actively promotes unc-cheat on a daily basis via social media and has unfettered access to the recruits and the coaching staffs at the high schools. I'm not saying anything illegal is going on.....but if the NCAA saw the social media, pics with recruits etc.... all while promoting a recruiting/high school website??? I think more than one question would arise. And it should. 

Lol

1 hour ago, WM1977 said:

Dang man, who hurt you? You sound so mad and angry. What did Mack Brown ever do to you? 

4 hours ago, coachE42 said:

Dang man, who hurt you? You sound so mad and angry. What did Mack Brown ever do to you? 

Nothing. Just stating facts. Numbers don't lie. Neither do the suspensions, probation, ineligible players etc..... also you know what you never see on TV anymore? The Charles Kuralt commercial about the storied "carolina way." You know, the well, the bell, the old stone wall.....LOL...once they got exposed for the fraud the athletic program has always been, cultivated by Dean Smith, those commercials just seem to have vanished. 

16 minutes ago, WM1977 said:

Nothing. Just stating facts. Numbers don't lie. Neither do the suspensions, probation, ineligible players etc..... also you know what you never see on TV anymore? The Charles Kuralt commercial about the storied "carolina way." You know, the well, the bell, the old stone wall.....LOL...once they got exposed for the fraud the athletic program has always been, cultivated by Dean Smith, those commercials just seem to have vanished. 

Let me guess... Nc State fan? 

17 minutes ago, WM1977 said:

also you know what you never see on TV anymore? The Charles Kuralt commercial about the storied "carolina way." You know, the well, the bell, the old stone wall.....LOL...once they got exposed for the fraud the athletic program has always been, cultivated by Dean Smith, those commercials just seem to have vanished. 

Pretty sure that commercial going away had something to do with a legal battle for copyright and royalties in the Kuralt estate and competing interests.  Just facts...right.

36 minutes ago, btango said:

Pretty sure that commercial going away had something to do with a legal battle for copyright and royalties in the Kuralt estate and competing interests.  Just facts...right.

Yeah..... do you want the facts? Here you go. 

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/bs-xpm-1998-06-01-1998152070-story.html

If by you mean competing interests do you mean two "wives" that he had two families with at the same time? Man.... that carolina way damn sure means something different there than it does everywhere else!!! An0ther well known unc-cheat graduate lived the carolina way by leading ESPN to the lowest ratings in their history while....errrr.....I'll just link the article. Quality stuff!!! Other schools have issues. No other schools have the smug self-righteous attitudes of those who live the "carolina way!"

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/15/sports/john-skipper-cocaine-espn.html

3 hours ago, WM1977 said:

Yeah..... do you want the facts? Here you go. 

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/bs-xpm-1998-06-01-1998152070-story.html

If by you mean competing interests do you mean two "wives" that he had two families with at the same time? Man.... that carolina way damn sure means something different there than it does everywhere else!!! An0ther well known unc-cheat graduate lived the carolina way by leading ESPN to the lowest ratings in their history while....errrr.....I'll just link the article. Quality stuff!!! Other schools have issues. No other schools have the smug self-righteous attitudes of those who live the "carolina way!"

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/15/sports/john-skipper-cocaine-espn.html

When I was a kid my favorite basketball players were David Thompson and Hawkeye Whitney.  It does not matter what the school is you can always find positives and negatives.  Anti or pro UNC is irrelevant to me as I am a fan of the game and the young men I have a connection to that play it.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, btango said:

Or the fact that Kuralt is like 300 yrs old. Doubt he resonates with 17 year olds..lol

3 hours ago, Tyler12 said:

Thought this was a High School football forum. 

Clearly he hasnt heard that MACK IS BACK.

Please let me know when unc-cheat is relevant again in football. If all of these recruits amount to the same thing the last "top recruits" at unc-cheat amount to... well, I'll refer you to the "sleeping giant." Oh, by the way, why has unc-cheat had to reduce the seating at Kenan? Mack may be back, he's back to take advantage of the retirement being a state employee has to offer for retirement!!! Never forget Franklin Street. It's been the ruin of many of the "top" recruits at unc-cheat. Too much weed, women and alcohol. Plus they aren't smart enough to stay off social media. I still love Cheesecake Factory. How many wins over D1 programs in the last three years not named Pitt? Hopefully he drinks Ensure to slow down.. like Fedora drank Red Bull to calm down!! J O K E. 

The haters just keep rolling through, one or two at a time don't they fellows. I don't consider myself a hater as much as a realist. Greatness is not  defined by potential. Greatness comes from character, win & losses. Doing the right thing because it's the right thing to do. Mac had a good thing going at UNC years ago, left for greener pastures then  he returned. Guys you'll just have to wait and see if success and greatness comes with him.

5 hours ago, WM1977 said:

Please let me know when unc-cheat is relevant again in football. If all of these recruits amount to the same thing the last "top recruits" at unc-cheat amount to... well, I'll refer you to the "sleeping giant." Oh, by the way, why has unc-cheat had to reduce the seating at Kenan? Mack may be back, he's back to take advantage of the retirement being a state employee has to offer for retirement!!! Never forget Franklin Street. It's been the ruin of many of the "top" recruits at unc-cheat. Too much weed, women and alcohol. Plus they aren't smart enough to stay off social media. I still love Cheesecake Factory. How many wins over D1 programs in the last three years not named Pitt? Hopefully he drinks Ensure to slow down.. like Fedora drank Red Bull to calm down!! J O K E. 

Go Heels!!!!!! Don’t let that blood pressure flare up. Sir, THIS IS A WENDY’S!

9 hours ago, WM1977 said:

What team do you root for? 

10 hours ago, WM1977 said:

I gotta know who you root for. Please enlighten us.

34 minutes ago, coachE42 said:

I gotta know who you root for. Please enlighten us.

Sounds like NC State to me. Their fans hate UNC more than they love themselves. 

1 hour ago, MonarchTerritory2016 said:

Conley is indeed heading to UNC. The team they’re building really intrigued him can’t wait to see him play in that carolina Blue 

Nice to add another from the East. Looking forward to watching him play!

49 minutes ago, Tyler12 said:

Nice to add another from the East. Looking forward to watching him play!

Mack is Back

Say it when they get put back on probation. Say it when they are exposed....again....as a sham. "is it the well, the bell or the old stone wall..?" No, it's the paychecks that go to the players, the parents and the handlers that get us the players that never develop and never graduate!

12 minutes ago, WM1977 said:

Say it when they get put back on probation. Say it when they are exposed....again....as a sham. "is it the well, the bell or the old stone wall..?" No, it's the paychecks that go to the players, the parents and the handlers that get us the players that never develop and never graduate!

I am still waiting to hear who you actually cheer for, as opposed to bashing Carolina.

42 minutes ago, WM1977 said:

Let that hate flow thru ya. Don’t let that blood pressure go up. 

32 minutes ago, coachE42 said:

I am still waiting to hear who you actually cheer for, as opposed to bashing Carolina.

A. B. C.   and why does it matter? Just stating the facts. Have y'all finished up with the "stadium reduction" yet? I'm sure the the glare from the aluminum bleachers has to be tough on they hundreds of fans that pack that stadium every Saturday! 

9 minutes ago, WM1977 said:

A. B. C.   and why does it matter? Just stating the facts. Have y'all finished up with the "stadium reduction" yet? I'm sure the the glare from the aluminum bleachers has to be tough on they hundreds of fans that pack that stadium every Saturday! 

Lol. Write a letter to the editor. He is mad, ONLINE! 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tyler12 said:

Say it one more time when Evans commits. 

Tyler....I say it every night before I go to bed :)

3 minutes ago, Wrigley said:

Tyler....I say it every night before I go to bed :)

Lol. I gotta get up with you and Nepsy the next time I go over there. I stopped by in 2017 and walked on the field at night. We don't see many facilities like that down this way. 

I always get a laugh out of an NC State fan talking about Carolina cheating.  How quickly they forget about their past and present.

24 minutes ago, Fatboy said:

I always get a laugh out of an NC State fan talking about Carolina cheating.  How quickly they forget about their past and present.

Anyone see Chris Washburn lately?? Lol

anybody seen a relevant unc-cheat football team in the last 30 years? most of the unc-cheat fans have never even step foot on campus. not that it matters. they are just like the athletes. wear the gear, never attend classes!