Sign in to follow this  
SPRaiders78

Mt Pleasant vs Concord

Rate this topic

24 minutes ago, SPRaiders78 said:

Hey Sports dude, who you got in this one? I haven't been over to Cabarrus County for a game so far. If Mt doesn't pick up some wins, I won't bother this year. 

Since I am not sure if I will be broadcasting this game or not I will not make any sort of prediction. Without making a prediction I  expect this to be a very good game despite both teams having trouble scoring points. I could see this ending 27-24 type of a game who will win that we will find out on Friday.

6 minutes ago, GDG said:

Rare for a Mt Pleasant team to be this bad. Can’t even score.

Having watching MP the last 3 weeks I think a big reason why MP is having trouble scoring points. Is a results of two part they have face 3 really good defense team in Cox Mill,Northwest Cabarrus and Central Cabarrus. The other big reason is that MP is simply doesn't a true senior WR. In the previous year that I've been broadcasting Cabarrus county since 2012 they always had true number one WR. Now I want to be clear they have kids who have the chance to become a number one WR but it's simply hasn't happened yet. Now MP has a pretty good running game.  

How do you pick a favorite in a game like this? Both teams are struggling to score.  Mt has had some lean years in the past but I don't ever remember seeing Concord three games in with no points to show.

10 minutes ago, SPRaiders78 said:

How do you pick a favorite in a game like this? Both teams are struggling to score.  Mt has had some lean years in the past but I don't ever remember seeing Concord three games in with no points to show.

It's not to pick a winner which I won't do. Honestly this the type of a game that you might as well go with your gut feeling.. Throw the stats away as well as the record away and you could be looking at a great game. I really think this could end up being a high scoring type of a game.

High scoring he say, not sure what it is exactly that would lead you to that conclusion. Both teams have been out maned on both sides of the ball for three weeks. Most likely one team or the other will make enough plays to eek out a win. But as someone else said, it could end in a 0 - 0 tie!

9 minutes ago, SPRaiders78 said:

High scoring he say, not sure what it is exactly that would lead you to that conclusion. Both teams have been out maned on both sides of the ball for three weeks. Most likely one team or the other will make enough plays to eek out a win. But as someone else said, it could end in a 0 - 0 tie!

I've seen it in the past when both teams struggling on offense and face one another that the game end up as a high scoring game type of a game.

Mount Pleasant gets their 1st win of the season 23-21 over Concord. Hopefully the Spiders can get their 1st win against Berry Academy.Berry lost 77-0 tonight.

Sportsbroadcaster was pretty close in his prediction. Sounds like a pretty even battle of two teams not accustomed to being in the situation they were in. Congrats to the Tigers for getting the W. 

• Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, Buddy Amerson said:

Sportsbroadcaster was pretty close in his prediction. Sounds like a pretty even battle of two teams not accustomed to being in the situation they were in. Congrats to the Tigers for getting the W. 

Typically I'm pretty accurate with my prediction in sports in general. Congrats to MP they desperately need to win this game. For Concord keep your head up build on the positive from last night game. Use your bye week to get better and focus on the West Rowan Falcons.