Rate this topic

Coaches, fans and forum followers,

The work on Friday Night Football N.C. Magazine’s annual season preview edition continues. We publish the preview this summer - every high school will receive one and others may be purchased online and at various news stands.

With a summer publication date, the pressure is on to complete team capsules and other stories very soon.

I’m working on the “West,” “Midwest” and “Charlotte” regions and am lacking about 70 teams. I’ll keep making calls and sending emails directly to the schools, but any assistance you can provide by completing the online survey at www.fnfsurvey.com will be a great help.

The teams I haven’t heard from or talked to follow. I know some of these are on the coach’s moving van, but any insight into the teams and returning athletes that can be provided by a coach or AD will help us produce a more complete preview.

Midwest

Alexander Central, Ashbrook, Bandys, Fred T. Foard, Hickory, Carson, Kings Mountain, Newton-Conover, North Iredell, North Rowan, North Wilkes, South Caldwell, South Iredell, Statesville, Watauga, West Iredell, West Wilkes.

West

Andrews, Asheville School, Cherokee, Christ School, Erwin, Enka, Hayesville, Hendersonville, Madison, McDowell, Murphy, North Henderson, Pisgah, Polk County, Robbinsville, Rosman, Smoky Mountain, Swain County, T.C. Roberson, Thomas Jefferson Academy, Tuscola, Victory Christian Center.

Charlotte

Albemarle, Ardrey Kell, Berry Academy, Bessemer City, Butler, Cannon School, Cherryville, Community School of Davidson, Concord First Assembly, Concord Senior High, East Lincoln, Forest Hills, Garinger, Harding, Hickory Ridge, Highland School of Technology, Hopewell, Independence, Jay M. Robinson, Monroe, Mooresville, Myers Park, North Mecklenburg, North Stanly, NW Cabarrus, Pine Lake Prep, Porter Ridge, Providence Day School,  South Mecklenburg, Southlake Christian, Vance, West Charlotte, West Montgomery.

Obviously, there are a lot of other teams across the state that will be profiled, and my colleagues at FNF N.C. Magazine will appreciate your assistance as well.

Feel free to email me if you would like to share convenient time to call and discuss, mdwillardmd@yahoo.com.

Thank you for any help you can provide. 

Michael Willard

FNF N.C. Magazine

I'm picking them off one by one - many more to go. Thanks Coach Eddins at West Montgomery for seeing this post and sending me an email.

Coaches, is your team on the list?

I'd really appreciate an email to mdwillardmd@yahoo.com - let me know a good time to call.  

Or visit our website www.fnfsurvey.com.

I want to make sure every team is thoroughly and accurately previewed in the FNF N.C. Magazine this summer.

With your help we can do that!

DEADLINE IS LOOMING.

Still have a few more schools to profile - and time is running out.

Coaches, any assistance you can provide is great appreciated.

It really helps me provide a more accurate preview of the season ahead and offer some spotlight to your hard-working athletes.

MDW

Here is some information from Jay M. Robinson...

Head Coach: Joe Glass

LY Record: 8-5

Returning key players: Javonte Misenheimer (WR, Sr), Josh Dale (QB, Sr), Que Reid (RB, Jr), Baarkiar Anderson (WR, Sr), Justin Allamby (DE, Sr), Andrew Yannone (DT, Sr), Dawson Williams (FS, Jr), Blake Furr (LB, Sr), Grady Price (LB, Sr), Jaylan Miller (OL, Jr)

Following the 2015 season, new pride for the Bulldogs has come. The first-round win in the 2015 playoffs was the Bulldogs' first, and ended the year with the school's first winning record in years. Many new faces are wearing Robinson colors this year, including Kyerin Curry from Hickory Ridge (WR/DB, Sr) and Jah'rel Morrison from Capital Prep Harbor of Connecticut (RB, Jr). Despite losing the team's offensive coordinator, the talent of Dale and Reid proved last year that the Bulldog run-game is deadly, and Dale has a gifted arm for receivers Misenheimer and Anderson. The Bulldogs look to improve on their 8-5 season in the fall.