I figured I get this one started being that the season is less than 2 months away, I haven’t heard anything new but I’m going to guess how each team finishes based on their schedules
1. Heritage 9-1, 5-0: Honestly with Heritages non conference schedule it’s hard to pick out a garunteed win, but with what we return and knowing how hard these kids play I say we go 4-1 against non conference opponents, I say we slip up somewhere maybe Erwin or @ Pisgah but win the rest, in conference play I really don’t see anyone challenging us except Mitchell and luckily we’ve got them at home, we’re going for 5 straight in case you Mitchell fans have lost count
2. Mitchell 9-2, 4-1: Their non conference we’ll be a bit easier they’ve got 4 games that they should win by at least 3 or 4 scores but they do have two really tough games @Franklin and @ Erwin I say they lose one of those two, in conference they’re in the same boat as Heritage the winner of the Mitchell-Heritage game will win conference.
3. Owen 5-5, 3-2: Really only two games I see them winning in their non conference schedule and I’m giving them both East and North Henderson, in conference I say they beat Polk in a close one and beat Avery and Madison by 3 or more scores then Heritage and Mitchell beats them beating by 3 or more, they’ll be improved even if it’s a slight improvement.
4. Polk 5-6, 2-3: I think Polk could potentially win their first 4 games @Cherokee, @ North Gaston, RS Central, East Henderson, but I say they slip up in at least one of those, I really don’t think they have enough fire power to compete with Hendo or East Rutherford either, in conference I think they are in the same boat as Owen, win by 3 scores or more against Avery and Madison and lose by 3 or more scores to Mitchell and Heritage, and in their game with Owen I give Owen the slight edge since it’s at Owen, so not much better this year but who know maybe they’ve got another deep playoff run in them.
5. Madison 2-9, 1-4: Really these last two are just guesses, the only game I see Madison winning for sure is against Rosman, Chase could potentially be a close one, but I’ve got them beating Avery at home to avoid finishing last
6. Avery 2-9, 0-5: From what I’m hearing Avery could be improved this year but by how much I’m not sure, I think their games with Ashe and Cloudland will be a bit closer this year which would be an improvement and I think NB will beat them by 2-3 scores, they’ve got 3 winable games against West Wilkes, North Wilkes and @ Draughn, I think they win 2 of the 3, and then I think they lose to Madison making the third time in 3 years they finish with only 2 wins and the 4th time in the last 5 seasons that they’ve finished last in the WHC.