Jump to content

Friday Nights in K-Town

Members
  • Content Count

    728
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

Friday Nights in K-Town last won the day on April 25

Friday Nights in K-Town had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

435 Excellent

About Friday Nights in K-Town

  • Rank
    All-State

Personal Information

  • Location
    Kannapolis NC
  • Gender
    Male

Profile

  • Favorite High School
    A.L. Brawn HS

Recent Profile Visitors

419 profile views
  1. Friday Nights in K-Town

    Who was the best 3A team ever in N.C.

    Is that the same Hickory team that got waxed by Concord the following year??
  2. Friday Nights in K-Town

    New turf field at Kannapolis

    It is absolutely the right thing to do. I just put a poll up on my FIK Facebook page about this very topic. 90% of the persons responding voted yes to naming the new turf field after coach Boswell. The other 10% are either very young people who didn't know coach Boswell, and are very unfamiliar with the history of Kannapolis football, and folks who were never fans of coach Boswell because he took the "Little" off Wonders when he came to Kannapolis. I think the majority have spoken on this, and it will be a crying shame if the powers in Kannapolis don't do the right thing and name that field after the late coach. It is absolutely the right thing to do, and I will be very vocal about it you can count on that!!
  3. Friday Nights in K-Town

    Kannapolis coach Bob Boswell passes away

    I think I called Dr Bradshaw "The Great Facilitator" of Wonder Football and Coach Boswell "The Great Architect" of Wonder Football. Dr Bradshaw told me that there was a lot of contention there between Byron King and Dr Bradshaw for a long time because Coach Boswell reported directly to Bradshaw for anything he needed and bypassed King. You talk about a cooperative admin? K-Town had it then. Dr Ernest Macon was all in too. I remember Boswell telling me how he and Louis V Bean use to get into some verbal jousting over the marching band using his field during game week to rehearse. He went to Dr Bradshaw and told him he didn't want the band cutting up his field marching on it, but Lou Bean was as hard nosed as coach Boswell. lol
  4. Friday Nights in K-Town

    New turf field at Kannapolis

    I heard it was suppose to be the day after graduation.
  5. Friday Nights in K-Town

    Artificial Turf

    I'm actually getting excited to see how it looks once it's done. The stadium deserves an upgrade. It's been a long time coming!!
  6. Friday Nights in K-Town

    Kannapolis coach Bob Boswell passes away

    Coach Boswell caught me sneaking back on campus after cutting lunch as a sophomore back in 1981. Let me off the hook for being honest. He was an awesome coach and he along with the late Dr Grier A Bradshaw are the ones single handedly responsible for turning things around in K-Town when they did. Coach would never let me forget that when I interviewed him back in 2011 for my web page. Rest in peace Coach Boswell. You're a great man!!
  7. Friday Nights in K-Town

    New turf field at Kannapolis

    Haven't heard anything about that yet. I imagine a big White "K" midfield though.
  8. Friday Nights in K-Town

    4th and goal

    This is what I do!!
  9. Friday Nights in K-Town

    New turf field at Kannapolis

    I heard today that it will begin after graduation day.
  10. Friday Nights in K-Town

    New turf field at Kannapolis

    Theresa Earnhardt owns the right to the Intimidator's name. The city can't make money off it.
  11. Friday Nights in K-Town

    New turf field at Kannapolis

    Really?? I was wondering how that worked!! lol lol
  12. Friday Nights in K-Town

    Football schedules for 2019

    I'm hearing Ashbrook is a done deal!!
  13. Friday Nights in K-Town

    Kannapolis (5-5) at Concord (1-9)

    FAKE NEWS!! Stop Spreading the Disease!! lol
  14. Friday Nights in K-Town

    Kannapolis (5-5) at Concord (1-9)

    Wrong, wrong, wrong!!! 43-42-4 since 1924. What are you smoking tonight?? lol
  15. Friday Nights in K-Town

    What's the Problem!

    LOL, There's always one in the crowd!!
×