Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

Jim Bob leaving Freedom

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#26 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 2,101 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 09:22 AM

For the record, I don’t think the reasons that Coach Bryant left had anything to do with the AD. JB was up front and honest with his principal and told her that he was going to look for jobs and a better one came available and he got it. This was a deal where he was promised one figure and paid a completely different number and he couldn’t live with the shortcoming.
Coach told me that he loves the kids and he and his wife loved the school and community, but it got to a point where they had to do what’s best for them.

And none of the people above him stepped up and asked why are we not meeting our promises? I wouldn’t exactly call that support. And now two coaches must uproot their families at a monetary cost and move again inside a year.

#27 FHS1985

FHS1985

• Members
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 09:57 AM

And none of the people above him stepped up and asked why are we not meeting our promises? I wouldn’t exactly call that support. And now two coaches must uproot their families at a monetary cost and move again inside a year.

This is the crux of the question and nobody seems to have the answers.  Who was supposed to come through with the money and should they have made the promises that they did?  I note that one principal was removed for another this year which makes me suspicious about how all of this unfolded.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

― C.S. Lewis

#28 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 18,544 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 10:26 AM

This is the crux of the question and nobody seems to have the answers. Who was supposed to come through with the money and should they have made the promises that they did? I note that one principal was removed for another this year which makes me suspicious about how all of this unfolded.

I think you’ve hit it. One principal hired Bryant and the new principal didn’t feel she had to live up to what the other offered.

#29 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 2,101 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 07:38 PM

I think you’ve hit it. One principal hired Bryant and the new principal didn’t feel she had to live up to what the other offered.

I’d be real cautious applying for this job. It’s very costly to be moving around the state and making a home purchase on broken agreements. Like I said at the beginning of the post- Bye Felicia.

#30 marsgreen

marsgreen

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 10:35 PM

Bingo

#31 marsgreen

marsgreen

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 10:46 PM

The opportunities to purchase a home in the area were present, but when one side does not hold up to what they promise you, it’s checkout time, we gotta go! The man has a family and the chance to DD you have to cash in.

#32 Pats86

Pats86

Rookie

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 03:20 PM

Aside from Joe Glass, has any other names surfaced?

#33 Paul Graham

Paul Graham

Correspondent

• Admin Team
  • 3,522 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 04:41 PM

My thoughts are; why was there not a legal contract for his services???  

Paul Graham

WNC Football

The standard in 1A since 1969

30 state titles in 40 appearances

22 consecutive finals appearances

44 finals in the last 50 years

SMC 1A/2A 34 state titles

#34 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,650 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 05:08 PM

May have been more than just salary/pay.

#35 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 2,101 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 06:57 PM

Will the principal’s husband who is at West Iredell be applying for the job? That might be Freedom’s long term solution. He’s not likely to leave since his wife will be staying in the Burke County system.

#36 Pats86

Pats86

Rookie

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 07:14 PM

I would hope ABSOLUTELY NOT!

#37 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,547 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:54 AM

Friend, shiny things are normally good. Trophies, runner up plaques, championship rings. Nobody has the best winning candidate in front of them and says “I’ll pass for the average guy because he will stay a long time”.

I give you exhibit A- Mooresville lol.

#38 El Campion

El Campion

JV Team

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:00 PM

Maybe Freedom isn't as great of a job you all assume? I do hope they fine their coach but this may not be a top tier job as alot of you are making it out to be

JeffChapman-Dynamic