Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

Conference play

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#51 cougars'12

cougars'12

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:09 PM

I'm getting sick and tired of seeing all the backlash on Avery. You Cougar Clowns said the same thing when Luke Crowe and Jacob Waldroop graduated, you said the same thing when Jeffery Puckett graduated, now you say the same thing about Heath. Yes all are incredible athletes, yes Avery has been on an incredible run 58 straight conference wins and counting A STREAK THAT WILL NEVER BE MATCHED and year after year I hear just wait for the bottom to fall out. We might have a down year or 2, I'm not saying we are invincible, but I do think we have a solid basketball program and are very capable of developing new talent and I feel we will be competitive inside our conference year in year out. I have noticed the success Heritage is having this season and like always you guys will give us a good game and I am looking forward to both games. What I won't do is call out Heritage and say when their 6 YEAR STARTERS finally graduate at the AGE OF 25 then Heritage is be on the down hill slope. Here's a math lesson for you if Heritage is full of 16 year old freshman (because they were "held back" for middle school ball) then they play highschool ball for 6 years, then they will be Coach Robinson son's age that just graduated. I wonder is it an education or cheating problem? "My name is Jethro Bodine I am 6'5, I drive my uncle Jed's truck and I'm the 6th grade QB at East Yancey Middle School.

Clowns? Calm down, football season will be here soon enough lol THE THREE YEAR CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS STREAK WILL CONTINUE lol

#52 cougars'12

cougars'12

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:19 PM

I'm getting sick and tired of seeing all the backlash on Avery. You Cougar Clowns said the same thing when Luke Crowe and Jacob Waldroop graduated, you said the same thing when Jeffery Puckett graduated, now you say the same thing about Heath. Yes all are incredible athletes, yes Avery has been on an incredible run 58 straight conference wins and counting A STREAK THAT WILL NEVER BE MATCHED and year after year I hear just wait for the bottom to fall out. We might have a down year or 2, I'm not saying we are invincible, but I do think we have a solid basketball program and are very capable of developing new talent and I feel we will be competitive inside our conference year in year out. I have noticed the success Heritage is having this season and like always you guys will give us a good game and I am looking forward to both games. What I won't do is call out Heritage and say when their 6 YEAR STARTERS finally graduate at the AGE OF 25 then Heritage is be on the down hill slope. Here's a math lesson for you if Heritage is full of 16 year old freshman (because they were "held back" for middle school ball) then they play highschool ball for 6 years, then they will be Coach Robinson son's age that just graduated. I wonder is it an education or cheating problem? "My name is Jethro Bodine I am 6'5, I drive my uncle Jed's truck and I'm the 6th grade QB at East Yancey Middle School.

"they" were held back in middle school, this year is trey's fourth and last year high school get your facts straight there bud ;)

#53 VIKING COUNTRY

VIKING COUNTRY

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:21 AM

Hey either way the kid played highschool football in his early 20s. Do you honestly think nothing is wrong with that. My wife's little sister started kindergarten with Trey, she graduated school 3 years ago and he is still in school. This happens a lot in Yancey county. Either these kids are failing academically, or parents are failing their little Johnnies so the can have a competitive edge in sports. Either way Heritage has a education problem or cheating problem that needs to be addressed ASAP.

#54 Heritage 84

Heritage 84

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:31 AM

Still missing a lot of facts and your wife's little sister must have been mistaken. Found out a fact for you yesterday. Trey just turned 19 this month, so that is a big difference than early 20s I would say. Ask your AD to pull up his birth date. He has access. Did not mean for my earlier post to start a war. Was just stating that I thought basketball would drop off some after this year at Avery. If you stated that football may drop off a little at Heritage after this year, it would be your opinion. Either way I wish nothing but the best for the Avery program. I enjoy watching them play.

#55 The Dean of the NW4A

The Dean of the NW4A

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:31 AM

McDowell taking on West Caldwell tonight in Marion.  Hall of Fame night with McDowell's winningest boys basketball coach being inducted along with 3 others.  Should be a fun night!  And oh yeah, Freedom comes to town Tuesday.  Marion should be shut down by 7PM that night.

#56 FHS1985

FHS1985

• Members
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:13 AM

Lady Pats take on Watauga for first place in the conference at FHS tonight.  Teams look fairly evenly matched on Maxpreps with Freedom being a better defensive team and the Lady Pioneers having better offensive numbers.  Watauga lost to a Wilkes Central team Freedom beat in the Christmas tournament, but that was early in the season and Watauga has a ten game win streak since starting the season 0-2.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

― C.S. Lewis

#57 npcfan

npcfan

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:55 AM

Updated max preps ladies rankings from today-   North Iredell #4 Watauga #6 Carson #7 and Freedom #11. Looks like a interesting four teams come playoff time for the west brackets!!!!!

#58 cougars'12

cougars'12

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:04 AM

Hey either way the kid played highschool football in his early 20s. Do you honestly think nothing is wrong with that. My wife's little sister started kindergarten with Trey, she graduated school 3 years ago and he is still in school. This happens a lot in Yancey county. Either these kids are failing academically, or parents are failing their little Johnnies so the can have a competitive edge in sports. Either way Heritage has a education problem or cheating problem that needs to be addressed ASAP.

jeez your bad at math he's 19 lol

#59 cougars'12

cougars'12

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:07 AM

you are definitely thinking of his brother trevor who graduated in 2014, or someone else totally unrelated

#60 FHS1985

FHS1985

• Members
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:18 AM

Updated max preps ladies rankings from today-   North Iredell #4 Watauga #6 Carson #7 and Freedom #11. Looks like a interesting four teams come playoff time for the west brackets!!!!!

Ashbrook is top ranked, Dudley is 12th and Forestview is 16th.  It's possible that either or both Rockingham county and/or SW Randolph could end up in the west as well and they are 9th and 17th.  I'm going to be very curious to see playoff projections in a few weeks (HighSchoolOT will probably have some around the end of the month).

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

― C.S. Lewis

#61 The Dean of the NW4A

The Dean of the NW4A

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:20 PM

Girls:

McDowell 50
West Caldwell 28

Boys:
McDowell 110
West Caldwell 80

Special night at MHS with hall of fame night seeing some people hadn’t seen in a long time. Brought back some good memories and good stories shared. See everyone in Marion at the Titan Dome Tuesday as Freedom comes to town.

#62 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Established Member

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 03:09 PM

South Iredell boys would take a loss to West Rowan 88-77 and West girls win over South 73-57.

#63 Steve Johnston

Steve Johnston

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:44 PM

South Iredell boys would take a loss to West Rowan 88-77 and West girls win over South 73-57.

Bit of a surprise there... giving up 88 to West?...no answer for Mauldin for sure but still...is South not a big believer in defense? Even with Mauldin West is not known for being an offensive juggernaut

#64 Heritage 84

Heritage 84

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 05:00 PM

Big matchup on Monday night with Max Preps #1 Heritage girls in 2A visit Maxpreps #1 in 1A at Mitchell. Heritage boys at #2 Maxpreps will have a big rivalry game with the Mitchell boys.

#65 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Established Member

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 05:26 PM

Bit of a surprise there... giving up 88 to West?...no answer for Mauldin for sure but still...is South not a big believer in defense? Even with Mauldin West is not known for being an offensive juggernaut

#66 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Established Member

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 05:28 PM

Yes Im surprise of the outcome but South defense has struggled and will need to step it up.

#67 The Dean of the NW4A

The Dean of the NW4A

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:22 PM

Great write up from Friday’s big night.

http://www.mcdowelln...1175bdaaca.html

#68 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,561 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 04:22 AM

South iredell is inconsistent at times. I think at time they don’t play physical on defense side . I think if they would press more n apply pressure n Such I think they could really solid but they are too inconsistent at time on both sides but Their strong side is offensively .

SI has some shooters but I think their best defense is #5 Ty Everhart and Few others but again not aggressive n physical at time n they play loose imo.

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#69 Heritage 84

Heritage 84

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 07:02 PM

Does anyone know if the heating units were repaired in the Mitchell gymnasium this past week or should Heritage bring extra coats and blankets tomorrow night?

#70 The Dean of the NW4A

The Dean of the NW4A

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 08:29 PM

Does anyone know if the heating units were repaired in the Mitchell gymnasium this past week or should Heritage bring extra coats and blankets tomorrow night?

Heard the game is being played at Bowman. Lol just kidding but something I could imagine them trying to pull off.

#71 Heritage 84

Heritage 84

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 08:59 PM

Only thing that may stop that is the biggest gate of the year. They like athletic money as good as Heritage I imagine. Bowman would have about 100 ticket sales for a sell out. LOL. Would definitely be loud.

#72 wncbowhunter

wncbowhunter

Established Member

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 01:12 PM

Heat should be fine.
JV girls: Heritage, Big.
JV Boys: Mitchell, close
Varsity Girls: First ever meeting of 1 vs. 1 between these teams? Mitchell defense vs. Heritage offense. Mitchell must shoot better than they have the past few games.
Toss up.
Varsity Boys: Heritage big. Hopefully Mitchell can stay competitive but I'm not seeing it.

Anything can happen when these 2 play. Hope for a clean night and no injuries.

#73 Heritage 84

Heritage 84

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 02:19 PM

Good to hear on the heat situation.

I would say;

Heritage JV girls pretty big

Heritage JV boys by 10-15 (back on track last week defending their only loss to Smokey Mtn., by a lot)

Heritage varsity girls by 10-15 (Have been playing really well since their loss to #1 Smokey Mtn. that they returned to them in a big way last week) They did start a little slow against Madison Friday, but scored 40+ in the 2nd half.

Heritage varsity boys by about 20 since it is a rivalry and Mitchell will play very hard.

Basketball looking tough at Heritage this year and for a few years to come. 

#74 wncbowhunter

wncbowhunter

Established Member

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 03:43 PM

Unfortunately 84 you are probably correct but I can't bring myself to pick Heritage in all 4 games.

Go Mountaineers

#75 Raidergator

Raidergator

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 09:15 PM

Number four north Iredell girls fall to unranked statesville. First loss to greyhounds since 2009 I think the paper said. 55-50

Congratulations!!

JeffChapman-Dynamic