Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

Conference play

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#1 npcfan

npcfan

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 04:11 PM

Starts this week,,,in NPC- boys, SI? Carson? or Statesville? West Rowan?

ladies, NI, Carson or West Rowan...???

Thoughts?

#2 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Established Member

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 07:10 PM

The boys Carson is looking good to me to win the conference but South Iredell could present a good challenge for an upset. Statesville could have a say and I’m not sure about how the West Rowan program is.
As for the girls NI and Carson looks to be the teams to beat. I’m actually looking forward to seeing the girls Carson and NI game and also conference to get started. I could be wrong on my thoughts about how the boys conference will finish out but should be some good exciting games ahead.

#3 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Established Member

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 07:20 PM

It looks like East Rowan will be at South Iredell Jan. 5.
It shows E. Rowan boys is 5-6. The East Rowan girls at 5-8. Does anyone know the strength of East Rowan both boys and girls. Their records doesn’t look great but not sure if it’s because of a tough schedule. Basketball I’m not up on like I am football. So I try and not discredit no one for their record.

#4 titanman27

titanman27

Established Member

• Members
  • 862 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 07:41 PM

Conference play continues in the NW4A/3A.
McDowell travels to a hot Watauga team Wednesday night

#5 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 09:23 PM

NPC: Carson is by far the best team right now but they have played some teams with losing record but Basketball is down in a WHOLE ..... Statesville needs to fix some  things and i think they have a shot. SI needs to be more consistent and someone needs to get HOT for them. 

NW3A/4A: Alexander Central won over St Stephens but AC has a tall order Friday as they will face McDowell who looks to be in the drivers seat in that confernce but McDowell needs to prove they can win n that will come with they Go to Hickory at Hickory......Freedom n Hickory will be the 2 teams that could threaten for the top spot! 

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#6 Steve Johnston

Steve Johnston

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 11:40 AM

It looks like East Rowan will be at South Iredell Jan. 5.
It shows E. Rowan boys is 5-6. The East Rowan girls at 5-8. Does anyone know the strength of East Rowan both boys and girls. Their records doesn’t look great but not sure if it’s because of a tough schedule. Basketball I’m not up on like I am football. So I try and not discredit no one for their record.

East is not very good. Neither team has really played anybody. Boys are not terrible but will play a slow pace like to keep score in 50's. They do have some size and beef and a couple decent shooters but not very athletic.
Girls, bless their hearts, are just not good. No speed or shooters decent ball handlers. They are tough as nails and don't quit though. Only 7 or 8 players on entire team. Virtually all their middle school talent goes to Carson

#7 Steve Johnston

Steve Johnston

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 04:46 PM

Starts this week,,,in NPC- boys, SI? Carson? or Statesville? West Rowan?
ladies, NI, Carson or West Rowan...???

Thoughts?

Girls: Carson
Boys: Carson
Next question?
Lol.. seriously... I can see South giving it a run for boys and NI for girls but believe it is Carson's conference to lose. Looking forward to next Tues Carson at NI girls game..who's gonna be there?

#8 npcfan

npcfan

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 05:15 PM

You know i will be there,,,only common opponent between the two has been Davie,,NI beat them by 22 and 11 playing alot of second string! Carson beat them by 15,,,Can Carson shut down LaLonde and Liles? Nobody else has except the refs at Lake Norman,,,lol. Seriously, looking forward to this next week,,Ni has West Rowan and then Carson!

#9 Steve Johnston

Steve Johnston

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 06:21 PM

You know i will be there,,,only common opponent between the two has been Davie,,NI beat them by 22 and 11 playing alot of second string! Carson beat them by 15,,,Can Carson shut down LaLonde and Liles? Nobody else has except the refs at Lake Norman,,,lol. Seriously, looking forward to this next week,,Ni has West Rowan and then Carson!

Can NI deal with the G-Force of Gabriel and Gadsen? Carson doesn't really have a 2nd string as they will play 11-12 every game and will go 9 deep in the 1st Q alone. We will discover a lot about NI very quickly with them opening with West then Carson both at home.

#10 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Established Member

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 11:02 PM

Big win for South Iredell boys over Lake Norman. 100-94. Wasn’t at the game but heard the final. Girls I’m not sure yet. As for Carson girls at North Iredell it looks like I will miss on that game my daughter will be playing that night so hopefully when N. Iredell comes to Carson I will be able to go to that game. I know that’s going to be a triller.

#11 titanman27

titanman27

Established Member

• Members
  • 862 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 11:55 AM

McDowell got a tough road win @ Watauga 85-80 to move to 3-0 in the conference. 

#12 The Dean of the NW4A

The Dean of the NW4A

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 08:05 AM

McDowell got a tough road win @ Watauga 85-80 to move to 3-0 in the conference. 

Game not as close as final score would indicate for the majority of the game.  McDowell up by as much as 22 however Watauga did come back and take a 5 point lead in the 4th and McDowell had to fight to win.  McKinney finished with a triple double: 17 points, 16 boards, and 11 assists.  Battle for first place tonight in Taylorsville.  Some good things going for McDowell:  Win over Hickory, Hickory beat Freedom.  McDowell has not played very well at Alexander the past few trips so they will need a good performance tonight especially from the guards. 

#13 titanman27

titanman27

Established Member

• Members
  • 862 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 12:22 PM

McDowell should win fairly easily tonight. AC has wins over bottom half of conference and upset Watauga. They havent done well out of conference either. If Mcdowell loses it will be a be a pretty big upset.

#14 titanman27

titanman27

Established Member

• Members
  • 862 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 02:27 PM

They also were destroyed by 35 vs Hickory in a Christmas tourney

#15 titanman27

titanman27

Established Member

• Members
  • 862 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 10:22 PM

McDowell whipped Alexander Central 83 to 52.

#16 FHS1985

FHS1985

• Members
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 10:24 PM

Pats beat SC 71-38 and Lady Pats beat the Lady Spartans 38-27. We always let them dictate the tempo when we play at their place in girls and they love to slow it down. Tied at 15 at half before SC goes scoreless for the next 12 minutes of play.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

― C.S. Lewis

#17 titanman27

titanman27

Established Member

• Members
  • 862 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 10:25 PM

Titans have the Caldwell county schools both at home this week (should be easy w's) then a showdown vs Freedom on the 16th..

#18 titanman27

titanman27

Established Member

• Members
  • 862 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 10:28 PM

If I had to bet right now I would say the conference is something like this..

1A. McDowell
1B. Hickory
1C. Freedom
drop off
4. Watauga
5. Alex Central
6. West Caldwell
7. St. Stephens
8. South Caldwell

#19 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Established Member

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 12:41 AM

Good win for South Iredell both boys and girls game over East Rowan. South boys win 59-37 while South girls win 59-29.

#20 Steve Johnston

Steve Johnston

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 06:04 PM

Good win for South Iredell both boys and girls game over East Rowan. South boys win 59-37 while South girls win 59-29.

See what did tell you...put a hunny on lake Norman can't break 60 on East Rowan. Playing them is like swimming in mud

#21 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Established Member

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 02:11 AM

Yep you called that right Steve. Sounds like East Rowan may not be good but they don’t go away.

#22 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 02:06 AM

Big game for Statesville as they travel to SI this Tuesday

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#23 npcfan

npcfan

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 11:15 AM

Huge battle in NPC ladies Tuesday night between NI and Carson. Carson ranked third on ncpreps rivals and NI ranked ninth. Should be a interesting match up if both teams play up to their potential. Its a shame two top ten teams are in same conference!

#24 Steve Johnston

Steve Johnston

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 11:30 AM

Huge battle in NPC ladies Tuesday night between NI and Carson. Carson ranked third on ncpreps rivals and NI ranked ninth. Should be a interesting match up if both teams play up to their potential. Its a shame two top ten teams are in same conference!

I actually think it's a good thing to have strong teams in your conference. Plaing good teams makes you better and helps you come playoff time. I am very interested in seeing how this one plays out. Carson came out flat Friday against Statesville found themselves down 11 early..can't afford that here.

#25 npcfan

npcfan

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 11:54 AM

I agree, just saying two top ten teams in same small conference is very unusual. Based on common opponents so far IF both teams play well should be a close game, but we all know how that goes!

JeffChapman-Dynamic