Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

NPC ladies conference

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 npcfan

npcfan

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 02:55 PM

As of todays max preps 3a rankings....North Iredell 2nd, Carson 6th and West Rowan 14th....

is there a stronger top three teams in a 3a conference out there? These top three should provide an interesting conference season!

#2 FHS1985

FHS1985

• Members
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 03:38 PM

i just scrolled through the Maxpreps rankings and there isn't a single NW3A/4A team ranked anywhere in 3A from 1-90.  Right now I am assuming that is some sort of glitch, but it could be due to some variable like number of games played or something like that.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

― C.S. Lewis

#3 npcfan

npcfan

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 04:02 PM

I noticed Freedom wasn't up there but figured it was cuz they lost a game,,,didn't check on down like you did,,,probably a glitch.

#4 npcfan

npcfan

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 04:05 PM

I would think Freedom would still be in top 10 though. But still for NPC to have 3 teams in top 14...says something...

#5 FHS1985

FHS1985

• Members
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 04:22 PM

I noticed Freedom wasn't up there but figured it was cuz they lost a game,,,didn't check on down like you did,,,probably a glitch.

It's the same in boys too-Pats were 4th Tuesday and beat the wheels off E. Burke, today they aren't ranked.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

― C.S. Lewis

#6 Steve Johnston

Steve Johnston

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 04:21 PM

As of todays max preps 3a rankings....North Iredell 2nd, Carson 6th and West Rowan 14th....

is there a stronger top three teams in a 3a conference out there? These top three should provide an interesting conference season!

West has been a little bit of a surprise for me..I thought they would be decent and always a tough play. Did not see them coming out of the gate 7-0. Alexander and Wilson are a tough inside combo.
We will find out pretty quickly how this will shake out. NI has West and Carson back to back Jan 5 and 9 and Carson gets West Jan 19 if not sooner in the Sam Moir Christmas tournament.

#7 npcfan

npcfan

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 05:26 PM

Wish NI was in that tournament..

#8 Steve Johnston

Steve Johnston

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 06:14 PM

Wish NI was in that tournament..

Girls side will be tough. Don't think West or Carson will be favored. Salisbury is for real and will be tough to knock out

#9 npcfan

npcfan

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 06:40 PM

Just think it would be a good learning experience for NI. Help them for hopefully if they make playoffs

JeffChapman-Dynamic