Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

Coach Paxton resigns at Mooresville

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,542 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 10:20 AM

Just saw on Twitter Coach Paxton has resigned at Mooresville. With a very good JV and a solid core at Mooresville now— this figures the be a pretty attractive job I think. Good luck to coach Paxton wherever his future plans take him.

#2 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,542 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 10:50 AM

http://www.mooresvil...b89ade709e.html

#3 Schmo

Schmo

• Members
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 11:06 AM

They'll go after some heavy hitters and they have the $$$ to make it work.

#4 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,542 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 11:17 AM

They'll go after some heavy hitters and they have the $$$ to make it work.

Hopefully this time Mooresville has learned it’s leason and will allow a HC to bring some guys that know his system and can help implement the systems at MHS. If we haven’t figured that out yet then I’m sure you’ll see a lot of the same results

#5 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,542 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 11:19 AM

But I have no doubt, with the $$ and facilities we are fortunate enough to have here and the upcoming talent, this will be a pretty attractive opening

#6 Schmo

Schmo

• Members
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 01:38 PM

I would go after Joe Glass.

#7 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,559 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 01:54 PM

What a shocker

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#8 Steelers71

Steelers71

Established Member

• Coach
  • 750 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 07:32 PM

I say the new coach will be either Joe Glass, Brian Hales, Tripp Stone, or Greiner and Crouch from Harding. All would get a nice pay raise and be good choices. I know a lot of coaches from Charlotte will try to get there. Perks are so much better in Mooresville.

#9 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,542 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 07:45 PM

I’ve heard a few people mention coach glass to me. I honestly don’t know a lot about him or his system... good fit? Someone else on a different board said the Harding coach too.... let’s go ahead and just say he isn’t leaving Harding. Not this year anyway. And certainly not while he would have the #1 rb in the nation at his disposal there.

#10 84k

• Members
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 07:58 PM

Remember Crouch lives with Greiner so where Greiner goes so will Crouch.

#11 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,542 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 08:16 PM

Remember Crouch lives with Greiner so where Greiner goes so will Crouch.

Oh for some reason I was thinking it was the QB.. either way, not happening. Next lol

#12 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,559 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 09:30 PM

Oh for some reason I was thinking it was the QB.. either way, not happening. Next lol

It’s is their QB ! It isn’t crouch

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#13 Steelers71

Steelers71

Established Member

• Coach
  • 750 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 09:30 PM

The QB is Greiners son. Not the RB Crouch.

#14 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,542 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 09:34 PM

The QB is Greiners son. Not the RB Crouch.

Ohh ok.

#15 coachE42

coachE42

Varsity Team

• Coach
  • 133 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 07:58 AM

I have heard several rumblings that Crouch is moving on to bigger challenges (IMG).  It could all be hearsay, but it could also make the decision for Griener to leave Harding easier than some may think.

#16 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,542 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 11:27 AM

I have heard several rumblings that Crouch is moving on to bigger challenges (IMG). It could all be hearsay, but it could also make the decision for Griener to leave Harding easier than some may think.

Interesting

#17 thecoach73

thecoach73

JV Team

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 10:05 PM

I would be shocked if the Harding coach left.  His stud running back which is the #3 rank rb in the junior class will be back.  They should be solid next yr as well.  Could be wrong though.  

#18 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 18,544 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 10:25 PM

This job will certainly get some big-names look at it so AD Kevin Wilson and the administration will have a great opportunity to dig deep and make the best hire possible that fits what they want to do.  Obviously being a single school district, Mooresville has some built-in advantages that other systems don't to include incredible facilities, and better pay to name a few. 

The biggest attraction to me about this job is the fact that Wilson will do his best to give coaches everything possible they need to be successful, he's certainly one of the best athletic directors I've worked with. 

If I were in his shoes, here would be a list of guys I'd go after. 

Jim Bob Bryant; Head Coach at Freedom. Yes I know he was a finalist for this job last year but I would certainly pick up the phone and see if he would answer.  He did a pretty good job of getting that Freedom program turned around and would probably be able to do the same, but we all know the conference is much tougher in the I-Meck. 

Joe Nixon; Head Coach at West Rowan.  He would probably be in my Top-2 or Top-3 when it comes to my list.  Not only is he still young for a head coach, he's got a tremendous amount of championship-winning experience as an assistant coach, and has done well as a head coach at both North Rowan and West Rowan.  When you go around the state and see the amount of respect that coaches give him, it's easier to see and understand that "it factor" he's got. 

Mike Newsome; Head Coach at A.L. Brown.  It was put out there that he was interested the last go-round, I'm not sure if he would want to leave Kannapolis with the squad he has returning, but given his success in the 4A and with the teams in the I-Meck, I would pick up the phone and at least let him tell me no. 

Jason Seidel; Head Coach at Hickory Ridge.  What he's been able to do at Hickory Ridge has been very impressive, especially this year with their move up to the 4A ranks.  I think he's a star in this business and he is great with players and runs a great system. 

Sam Griner; Head Coach at Harding.  I don't think I've seen a coach as good at this young of an age since Tom Knotts.  I think he's got potential to be the next TK, I love his attitude, his aggressiveness, but more than anything, I like the family atmosphere he builds his program around. 

Chris Metzger; Head Coach at Pinecrest.  Another A-List guy in NC, he's been getting it done in coaching for over 25 years.  If he can build Pinecrest into a premier program, I know he could do the same in Mooresville. 

Joe Glass; Head Coach at J.M. Robinson, he has shown that he has what it takes to win at every stop and how he interacts with and leads young men, he'd be a great fit at any top job in N.C. 

Will Orbin; Offensive Coordinator at Louisburg College, he's been a head coach in Georgia as well as at East Rowan and Holly Springs.  He's been a coordinator at the 4A level and also is a veteran of the U.S. Marine Corps.  He's as good as it gets in coaching and to watch him speak at clinics across the country gives you an insight into his ability to teach the game. 

Scott Miller; Head Coach at South Iredell.  How could you not reach out to Miller and gage his interest, what he's done at South Iredell has been incredible and he's proven to me that he should be listed among the top coaches in the state. 

Assistants:

I would certainly want to listen to some of the young guys out there who are eager to make a name for themselves, especially Jonathan Oliphant on staff and Damon McKee at North Meck.  

#19 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,542 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 11:32 PM

I would be shocked if the Harding coach left. His stud running back which is the #3 rank rb in the junior class will be back. They should be solid next yr as well. Could be wrong though.

I have the same thought as you. Any other time, then maybe. Big jump from Harding to Mooresville. But coaching a player of that caliber doesn’t come very often

#20 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,542 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 11:46 PM

This job will certainly get some big-names look at it so AD Kevin Wilson and the administration will have a great opportunity to dig deep and make the best hire possible that fits what they want to do. Obviously being a single school district, Mooresville has some built-in advantages that other systems don't to include incredible facilities, and better pay to name a few.

The biggest attraction to me about this job is the fact that Wilson will do his best to give coaches everything possible they need to be successful, he's certainly one of the best athletic directors I've worked with.

Jim Bob Bryant; Head Coach at Freedom. Yes I know he was a finalist for this job last year but I would certainly pick up the phone and see if he would answer. He did a pretty good job of getting that Freedom program turned around and would probably be able to do the same, but we all know the conference is much tougher in the I-Meck.

Joe Nixon; Head Coach at West Rowan. He would probably be in my Top-2 or Top-3 when it comes to my list. Not only is he still young for a head coach, he's got a tremendous amount of championship-winning experience as an assistant coach, and has done well as a head coach at both North Rowan and West Rowan. When you go around the state and see the amount of respect that coaches give him, it's easier to see and understand that "it factor" he's got.

Mike Newsome; Head Coach at A.L. Brown. It was put out there that he was interested the last go-round, I'm not sure if he would want to leave Kannapolis with the squad he has returning, but given his success in the 4A and with the teams in the I-Meck, I would pick up the phone and at least let him tell me no.

Jason Seidel; Head Coach at Hickory Ridge. What he's been able to do at Hickory Ridge has been very impressive, especially this year with their move up to the 4A ranks. I think he's a star in this business and he is great with players and runs a great system.

Sam Griner; Head Coach at Harding. I don't think I've seen a coach as good at this young of an age since Tom Knotts. I think he's got potential to be the next TK, I love his attitude, his aggressiveness, but more than anything, I like the family atmosphere he builds his program around.

Chris Metzger; Head Coach at Pinecrest. Another A-List guy in NC, he's been getting it done in coaching for over 25 years. If he can build Pinecrest into a premier program, I know he could do the same in Mooresville.

Joe Glass; Head Coach at J.M. Robinson, he has shown that he has what it takes to win at every stop and how he interacts with and leads young men, he'd be a great fit at any top job in N.C.

Will Orbin; Offensive Coordinator at Louisburg College, he's been a head coach in Georgia as well as at East Rowan and Holly Springs. He's been a coordinator at the 4A level and also is a veteran of the U.S. Marine Corps. He's as good as it gets in coaching and to watch him speak at clinics across the country gives you an insight into his ability to teach the game.

Scott Miller; Head Coach at South Iredell. How could you not reach out to Miller and gage his interest, what he's done at South Iredell has been incredible and he's proven to me that he should be listed among the top coaches in the state.

Assistants:
I would certainly want to listen to some of the young guys out there who are eager to make a name for themselves, especially Jonathan Oliphant on staff and Damon McKee at North Meck.

Great list. I think one of the biggest things whoever the next coach comes in should really prioritize, is really work on developing the QB position. For years, I felt like this is one position on the field where we lack far behind a lot of our opponents., and that’s kind of a problem since that position touches the ball on every play. And something like this certainly isn’t something you can fix in one season, so whoever comes in also has to be given time to work with his players.

As a fan, and having seen what he’s done at South Iredell and knowing him personally, Coach Miller is someone I would absolutely love to see come to Mooresville.

I know Coach McKee is loved by all the players he coached here and at North Meck. And Coach Oliphant has done a real good job coaching up the defense. And the JV’s for that matter. I think those two, should they put in, would be strongly considered.

#21 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,559 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 12:21 AM

I just hope who ever comes in is ready to grow our players and make the program better, its not bout WIN or Losses its bout Development of players n getting them to the next level, u see that at places like Hough and MC and etc. WINS are NICE But not everything in the aspect of a coaching JOB. I hope whoever comes is READY for the challenge of the 4A level n I-meck ! Mooresville always has HIGH EXPECTATIONS! 

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#22 1derpop

1derpop

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 07:52 AM

This job will certainly get some big-names look at it so AD Kevin Wilson and the administration will have a great opportunity to dig deep and make the best hire possible that fits what they want to do. Obviously being a single school district, Mooresville has some built-in advantages that other systems don't to include incredible facilities, and better pay to name a few.

Jim Bob Bryant; Head Coach at Freedom. Yes I know he was a finalist for this job last year but I would certainly pick up the phone and see if he would answer. He did a pretty good job of getting that Freedom program turned around and would probably be able to do the same, but we all know the conference is much tougher in the I-Meck.

Joe Nixon; Head Coach at West Rowan. He would probably be in my Top-2 or Top-3 when it comes to my list. Not only is he still young for a head coach, he's got a tremendous amount of championship-winning experience as an assistant coach, and has done well as a head coach at both North Rowan and West Rowan. When you go around the state and see the amount of respect that coaches give him, it's easier to see and understand that "it factor" he's got.

Mike Newsome; Head Coach at A.L. Brown. It was put out there that he was interested the last go-round, I'm not sure if he would want to leave Kannapolis with the squad he has returning, but given his success in the 4A and with the teams in the I-Meck, I would pick up the phone and at least let him tell me no.

Jason Seidel; Head Coach at Hickory Ridge. What he's been able to do at Hickory Ridge has been very impressive, especially this year with their move up to the 4A ranks. I think he's a star in this business and he is great with players and runs a great system.

Sam Griner; Head Coach at Harding. I don't think I've seen a coach as good at this young of an age since Tom Knotts. I think he's got potential to be the next TK, I love his attitude, his aggressiveness, but more than anything, I like the family atmosphere he builds his program around.

Chris Metzger; Head Coach at Pinecrest. Another A-List guy in NC, he's been getting it done in coaching for over 25 years. If he can build Pinecrest into a premier program, I know he could do the same in Mooresville.

Will Orbin; Offensive Coordinator at Louisburg College, he's been a head coach in Georgia as well as at East Rowan and Holly Springs. He's been a coordinator at the 4A level and also is a veteran of the U.S. Marine Corps. He's as good as it gets in coaching and to watch him speak at clinics across the country gives you an insight into his ability to teach the game.

Scott Miller; Head Coach at South Iredell. How could you not reach out to Miller and gage his interest, what he's done at South Iredell has been incredible and he's proven to me that he should be listed among the top coaches in the state.

Assistants:

Im hoping Mike stays, but I don’t blame anyone trying to get a better paying job.

#23 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Established Member

• Members
  • 882 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 07:57 AM

Scott Miller would make a great coach for Mooresville but as for myself I wouldn’t want to see him leave South Iredell. I believe he would be hard to replace. Just my opinion.

#24 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,559 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 09:36 AM

I don’t see Scott Miller leaving SI unless it’s a high quality job like Mooresville and LKN n or College but I don’t see him coming over to this side of town

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#25 84k

• Members
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 11:11 AM

Im hoping Mike stays, but I don’t blame anyone trying to get a better paying job.

I hope he stays too. But i can't blame him if the money is right and it is the right place. But you know their are some ppl already hoping he goes and you know who I'm talking about.lol

JeffChapman-Dynamic