Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Hibriten vs East Duplin

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#51 HHS2003

HHS2003

Established Member

• Members
  • 731 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 01:15 PM

Folks should actually look up the shrine bowl combine results and see how fast these kids are.

#52 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 01:22 PM

Franklin had some 4.4 guys LOL!

I never saw those 4.4 guys unless they were referring to eating a hotdog in 4.4 seconds. 4.5 is a heck of a speedster in high school. I would love to hear some of these guys saying 4.3 speed when they describe the fish they caught. Moby Dick.

#53 bigdawg_33

bigdawg_33

Established Member

• Members
  • 897 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 06:40 PM

I never saw those 4.4 guys unless they were referring to eating a hotdog in 4.4 seconds. 4.5 is a heck of a speedster in high school. I would love to hear some of these guys saying 4.3 speed when they describe the fish they caught. Moby Dick.

Only thing fast about Franklin was how quick half there fans hit the gate!!!
"the world meets no one half way, if you want it, you gotta take it!"

#54 CHEERDUCK

CHEERDUCK

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 4,403 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:17 PM

Hibriten's defense is for real and their offense is better than average. McKinley is a special running back that is a threat anytime he touches the ball. Hibriten is also blessed with a fine head coach and a superb coaching staff that can make adjustments if needed.

The film I've seen of East Duplin shows they are a formidable opponent and will drive the ball down the opponent's throat and hit you with a quick play out of their wing-t at anytime. Their star running back is fast and tough.

With all that said this matchup is going to be fun to watch and over before the pizza gets cold.

Hibriten 17  East Duplin  7

It's not where you start, but where you finish!

#55 thecoach73

thecoach73

JV Team

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 03:42 PM

What time does game start

#56 Call me Jimmy

Call me Jimmy

JV Team

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 03:53 PM

Started at 3:00 hibriten leads 9 to 7

#57 Call me Jimmy

Call me Jimmy

JV Team

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 03:57 PM

Hibriten scores on a 40 yard pass they lead 16-7 2nd quarter

#58 Mmshomer

Mmshomer

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 04:10 PM

The cure for ED

#59 NCDevils94

NCDevils94

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 05:38 PM

Congratulations to Hibriten!!!

#60 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 05:51 PM

I love defensive teams. Congrats to the new NC State Champion Hibriten Panthers. #36 and #52 for Hibriten are some bad dudes. Tassinari and Haney have made that team roll all year. That was some smashmouth hitting.

#61 FHS1985

FHS1985

• Members
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 06:14 PM

Congratulations to the Hibriten Panthers.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

― C.S. Lewis

#62 Wolfray

Wolfray

JV Team

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 06:16 PM

Can someone give us a quick run down of this game.  Many including myself were unable to see it...

#63 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 3,545 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 06:24 PM

Can someone give us a quick run down of this game. Many including myself were unable to see it...

ED came out looking to dominate, defense holding, big breakaway td on their opening drive, owned the 1st quarter. Hibritan pinned them back in the endzone for a safety, then scored 2 tds on passes. No action in the 3rd, ed scored with 2 minutes to go, couldn't recover onside. Neither team could move much on the others defense. Hibritan's power run game was almost non existent. I was pulling for Hibritan.

#64 HHS2003

HHS2003

Established Member

• Members
  • 731 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 07:01 PM

ED came out looking to dominate, defense holding, big breakaway td on their opening drive, owned the 1st quarter. Hibritan pinned them back in the endzone for a safety, then scored 2 tds on passes. No action in the 3rd, ed scored with 2 minutes to go, couldn't recover onside. Neither team could move much on the others defense. Hibritan's power run game was almost non existent. I was pulling for Hibritan.

+1^^^^

Congrats to Hibritens Coaches and players and hat's off to East Duplin.

#65 Mmshomer

Mmshomer

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 07:16 PM

Congrats hibriten

#66 Mmshomer

Mmshomer

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 07:17 PM

Hibriten the cure for ed

#67 FHS1985

FHS1985

• Members
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 09:32 PM

Patriot Nation posted this about Hibriten on Facebook (nice job guys):

An amazing side note to this great accomplishment is that the TEAM chose to donate the money that had been alloted for a charter bus and motel accommodations to the family of Wesley Oliver, the 15 yo Hibriten student that was killed in a tragic accident last week. The team took activity buses to the game and returned to Lenoir this evening.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

― C.S. Lewis

#68 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 09:42 PM

Sounds like Clay Lewis for certain. Damn that is some classy stuff. Community support at its best.

#69 SPRaiders78

SPRaiders78

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 09:43 PM

Congratulations Hibriten. Long time coming, you guys have to be happy. I was able to watch the game on TV. That defense is the real deal. From what I've been told, I think you have a great chance to go back to back. Enjoy, championships are hard to come by.

#70 oldway55

oldway55

JV Team

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 09:54 PM

Congrats to Hibriten from an ED fan. Hard fought game.

#71 CHEERDUCK

CHEERDUCK

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 4,403 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 11:02 PM

A great win for the Hibriten community.

Congratulations and work hard beginning now for next year.

It's not where you start, but where you finish!

#72 bigdawg_33

bigdawg_33

Established Member

• Members
  • 897 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 09:21 AM

How bout them Hibriten Panthers! 2017 NC 2AA State Champions!
So proud of these young men. This has been long time coming for Caldwell County and the HHS community.
Lot of people are saying great shot at going back to back with all the JRs coming back, but I'll say it now, we may only have 6 Seniors, and from what we saw in Chapel Hill, it's gonna be tough to replace those Seniors cause they played so well all season and outstanding in the title game!
Hats off to ED. They smacked us in the mouth right out the gate. But just like the Shelby game, those young men found a way to get it done!
"the world meets no one half way, if you want it, you gotta take it!"

#73 HHS2003

HHS2003

Established Member

• Members
  • 731 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 09:56 AM

Tough team, outstanding defense, great special teams and just enough offense to get it done. I agree Tassinari, Haney and Simon will be very hard to replace.

#74 Heritage 84

Heritage 84

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 11:02 AM

Great job Hibriten and great idea donating to the young man's family. Makes the win even more special for the entire Hibriten community.

#75 Superkase

Superkase

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 10:49 AM

Only thing fast about Franklin was how quick half there fans hit the gate!!!

Nobody with any sense said we were fast.  We are a mountain team, remember?  As far as fans leaving, whatever, very few people left early.  Irrelevant side note, the state champions the last four years have eliminated Franklin along the way.

Congrats to Hibriten, and especially on winning by doing something you haven't done all year in hitting a couple of passes.  I'm sure y'all are in the top 3 or so for next year too.  I hope Gee felt at home in Kenan!  I'd like to see him there for a few more years.

JeffChapman-Dynamic