Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

North Davidson at East Duplin

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 TheA-Train2012

TheA-Train2012

Established Member

• Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 06:25 PM

I would like to see East Duplin to get over the hump, but will have to see it before I believe it. Any thoughts or predictions?

#2 aggiern

aggiern

JV Team

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 01:01 PM

East Duplin 28 N Davidson 14

#3 Cagle89

Cagle89

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 05:04 PM

I will be coming this Friday to watch the game. 

I hope to see a great game. 

I hope to see East Duplin win.... it's gonna be tough to beat ND tho. 

Where is the best place to eat at around there? 

#RaiderNation

#4 oldway55

oldway55

JV Team

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 06:11 PM

Pizza Village local owned not a chain place. Ann's thai about mile from school if you like that. Duffs on main Street. And alot of chain stuff. Pizza village would be my choice.

#5 oldway55

oldway55

JV Team

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 06:22 PM

21 to 17 Ed. Maybe

#6 SWO-#1

SWO-#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,469 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 06:23 PM

Hey oldway55 ....is Tonys Pizza still around. It was the best ...As good or better than any New York Style I had on recruiting duty in The Rotten Apple ..

#7 SWO-#1

SWO-#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,469 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 06:24 PM

East Duplin is looking good. Big Line, lots of good backs and a defense. Reminds me of SWO .....LOL

I think they win by 14+

#8 oldway55

oldway55

JV Team

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 06:25 PM

No not there

#9 oldway55

oldway55

JV Team

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 06:26 PM

Ed good but so is ND

#10 Cagle89

Cagle89

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 07:15 PM

Anybody wanna meet up pregame meal? Chit chat... talk about my misery about SP losing to Shelby? Lol

Just let me know... hopefully it's a great game.

#RaiderNation

#11 oldway55

oldway55

JV Team

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 07:28 PM

I would man but I have to leave work just it time for the game.

#12 lbedwards

lbedwards

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 08:05 PM

This should be a good game between very different styles of play. ND struggled with S. Granville's Flexbone attack last week. It wasn't until a pick-6 late in the fourth quarter that ND finally put SG away.

Few are the teams that run the Flexbone offense in these parts. Even fewer are true Wing-T teams such as ED. ND will be in for a adjustment to the speed of ED's execution. If ND can sustain drives by spreading the field and mixing the run and pass they may wear down the two-way players of ED. If the game becomes a shootout I think that favors ND. If ED slows the pace and makes ND play in a phone booth then they have the advantage. In the end I think ND pulls out a tight game that will not be decided until the fourth quarter. ND 31, ED 24.

#13 Triadfootballtalk

Triadfootballtalk

Rookie

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 09:45 PM

North Davidson 27 ED 14  North beat Ledford twice this year and Ledford beat Randleman who gave ED all they could handle and from what I hear probably should of won the game.  Follow the logic.  :D

#14 football101

football101

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 10:06 PM

I keep hearing Randleman should have won, but ED had a 21-7 lead and driveing the ball. Had about a 20 yard run inside the 5 and holding brought it back the next 2 plays there were penalties. That drive would have put the game away. Final penalty count ED 10 - Randleman 0. It was a good high school game so just leave it at that.

#15 Barkn Orange Dog

Barkn Orange Dog

Established Member

• Members
  • 692 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 12:05 AM

From what I saw at the ED/R’man game, EDs defense played superb and put a squeeze on R’man. The Tigers would have some success moving the ball from deep territory to the red zone. Once they hit the red zone, The Panthers goal line D would stop em in their tracks. EDs D stood at crucial points in the game. Someone told me that before the ED game, R’mans QB had not been sacked but twice this year. I don’t know how true that is but I witnessed ED sacking him about 5 times Fri night.

WALLACE-ROSE HILL HIGH SCHOOL HOME OF THE BULLDOGS!!! 

STATE CHAMPIONS

Football:1994 2A, 2009 1A, 2010 1A, 2014 1AA, 2015 1AA, 2016 1AA

Basketball (Men's) 1998 2A, 2006 1A

Soccer (Men's) 2013 1A, 2014 1A, 2016 1A              
    STATE RUNNER UP

Football:2001 1AA, 2004 1AA, 2005 1AA  

Basketball (Men's):1997 2A 

DIST. II EAST CHAMPIONS

Football: 1982  2A      

" Behind Enemy Lines "

#16 Dawg Dynasty

Dawg Dynasty

Varsity Team

• Coach
  • 206 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 02:12 PM

I have not true opinion on the game.  I am from the east and will say this....There has not been a defensive line or LB's that I have seen in a long time, if ever, as good as ED's is.  They are physical, strong and fast.  Their secondary is not quite as good as there front 7 or 8 but as a whole one of the best defenses I have seen.

#17 thekidd12

thekidd12

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:42 PM

I keep hearing Randleman should have won, but ED had a 21-7 lead and driveing the ball. Had about a 20 yard run inside the 5 and holding brought it back the next 2 plays there were penalties. That drive would have put the game away. Final penalty count ED 10 - Randleman 0. It was a good high school game so just leave it at that.

Everybody knows I am definitely NOT an orange/blue fan (as you can see in my posts can't even type their name something about a gag reflex). But a good friend of mine was at the game and can't believe they didn't win. Like has been stated he thought one pass play was a TD but admitted did not have a great view and even on orange/blue game film can't tell. (He is related to one of their coaches).  It does sound like it was a good high school game. Oh and Maxpreps has 10 penalties to 1. Also says ED had 10 sacks? If that is correct very impressive as QB was a load.

If orange/blue played ND I would think Knights would win fairly comfortably. However often the result of HS games are more about matchups than talent differences this deep in playoffs. Orange/blue style of play, relying mainly on the pass, may have been a tougher draw for ED than ND will.

Good luck to both on Friday.

I however will be pulling for ND mostly because of the whole barbeque thing.

#18 Bigtime87

Bigtime87

Rookie

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 03:05 PM

ND should win, however, ED is very athletic and has 4-5 RB's that present problems for teams.  That offense is unique and hard to prepare for and it isn't just about being big and strong.  They have to be disciplined against that offense, one blown assignment and those RB's are gone and the band will be playing the fight song.  ND has a big, fast back and good QB behind that massive OL.  Goning to be a good one, wish I could go.  Hope somebody posts the results as they go online.  

#19 EDEagleFan

EDEagleFan

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 06:40 PM

I think if the tempo of the game is slowed down, then special teams could play a factor.  I give the edge to North Davidson for special teams because of their kicker/punter.  Chris Dunn is automatic from anywhere on the field.  I would like to see North Davidson win this game and represent the Central Carolina Conference in the state championship.

#20 lbedwards

lbedwards

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 09:47 AM

Congrats to ED. ND had a good season.

JeffChapman-Dynamic