Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

North Davidson vs South Granville

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 TheA-Train2012

TheA-Train2012

Established Member

• Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 09:19 PM

Don't know anything about South Granville, but their 13-0. Any thoughts or predictions?

#2 GoNtheDistance

GoNtheDistance

Established Member

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 10:45 PM

North by 14

"You can't control the wind, but you can always adjust your sails."

#3 Tigerfootball

Tigerfootball

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 11:26 PM

ND by 10. ND plays Randleman round 4 so we both will be within 30 mins from the house as the crow flies.

#4 GoNtheDistance

GoNtheDistance

Established Member

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 12:39 AM

Ehhhh East Duplin May have a say in that.

"You can't control the wind, but you can always adjust your sails."

#5 lbedwards

lbedwards

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 09:22 AM

ND is a good football team. They played conservatively against Ledford who was rumored to have stolen signals in their game two weeks ago. ND used a huddle and appeared to simply want to get the win and move on. ND has a good RB in Boyce who can get tough yards inside and explode for home runs. Russel and Fulks are fast on the perimeter and capable of big plays. Scigiano is a game manager who doesn't make many mistakes. Defensively the Knights are fundamentally sound and stout against the run. However, they haven't faced an offense to truly threaten them. K Chris Dunn is money on FG's inside 40 who can hit from at least 57 as he did Friday. The atmosphere in Welcome is one of the better high school environments. South Granville is undefeated suggesting they are a good football team. I think it will be a competitive game. I think ND will return to their up-tempo no-huddle roots this week and pull out the win. ND 38, SG 17.

#6 lbedwards

lbedwards

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 09:41 AM

@tigerfootball

"ND by 10. ND plays Randleman round 4 so we both will be within 30 mins from the house as the crow flies."

I would love a ND-RHS semifinal. I hope it happens. I understand your confidence in the Tigers as they have been on fire the last few weeks. However, they have to defeat ED who has been on of the top teams in 2A this year. I would focus on getting out of Duplin County with a win before making reservations in Welcome.

#7 aggiern

aggiern

JV Team

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 01:35 PM

Ehhhh East Duplin May have a say in that.

You got that right!

#8 tarheelg61581

tarheelg61581

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 03:55 PM

Saw some highlights of North Davidson; reminds of the best of the Fedora era at UNC in the spread offense with Sicignano and Boyce looking like Mitch Trubisky and Gio Bernard...hoping the Vikings will be ready to bring it on Friday

#9 lbedwards

lbedwards

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 04:50 PM

@tarheelg61581

What can you tell us about S. Granville? Who are some of the players to watch for? What does SG do well offensively and defensively? Do the people of Creedmore travel well?

I'm looking forward to a good game in a good atmosphere on Friday night.

#10 tarheelg61581

tarheelg61581

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 08:54 PM

When you see the colors, you'll think UNC...when you see the offense you'll think Navy or Georgia Tech, lot of different ball carriers will get touches in option based flexbone offense...defense has given lots of different looks this year depending on the opponent, athletic and quick up front, offense and defense both a great mix of seniors that have been starting for 2 or 3 years, a bunch of juniors in their second year starting, and a handful of sophomores in a couple of places, either because of injuries, or they simply beat out upperclassmen

I'm looking forward to a good atmosphere too; I really have no idea what to expect crowd-wise on the visitor side; I am fearful of a very disappointing showing, and tend to think more pessimistically since:  #1:  This game is on a holiday weekend.  #2:  We've had subpar crowds in home games in the 1st & 2nd Rds....as sad and as soft as this sounds, I really think the poor showings at home games the last two weeks can be at least partially attributed to the weather....We had decent crowds for home games in September and October for homecoming, Pink game, rivalry game/senior night, but had a road game there mixed in at our closest geographic rival and had our usual loyal and faithful parents, family members, and friends you see every week, who we are very thankful for, but unfortunately, we do not have a huge amount of people in the community that follow us around like you see from Reidsville, for example; will never forget the time we hosted them in 2nd Rd in 2011 and i bet they had between 500-600 fans...I'm hoping we can hit 100 on Friday night making the trip that's not at all local, but not much further than one of our conference games at Roanoke Rapids, which we had probably between 100-125 attend (hard to get a good read there, they always have a few pockets of home fans kind of surround you on visitor side; same way in baseball), but that was before it turned cold, and not on a holiday weekend...I know we have a lot more than can or will travel at some times; you've never seen a sea of blue for a high school game like the baseball state championship in 2015 at NCSU...probably 300+ already there, then when the softball state championship game ended a short walk away at NCSU, those folks came over and it was easily more than 500...but again, not a holiday weekend, and it's in warm weather....there are definitely a bunch that care that don't travel though; my at least quarterly twitter updates from the game that copy to facebook, and post-game blog-articles seem to be popular among a lot of our folks

#11 tarheelg61581

tarheelg61581

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 09:29 PM

By the way, here's a sample post-game blog that I shared on twitter & facebook (and another message board) that's gotten more than 700 views since Saturday morning

http://tarheel61581....-continues.html

#12 allenjd4life

allenjd4life

• Members
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 09:37 PM

Why is everyone so high in north Davidson ? South Granville is the clear favorite

#13 Heritage 84

Heritage 84

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 09:39 PM

Very informative column on the game.

#14 tarheelg61581

tarheelg61581

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 10:11 PM

Why is everyone so high in north Davidson ? South Granville is the clear favorite

Sssshhhh....Shouldn't ND be the clear favorite?  Playing at home, tougher schedule with a close loss to Mt. Tabor they apparently could have won, played in a close game last week, while SG played a team still shell shocked from losing their start, ND student body time and a half as large as SG, Jr & Sr class almost double that of SG, ND numbers on the roster more than double that of SG.....I'm hoping our guys will embrace the underdog role of having to go on the road, get fired up by the huge crowd expected to show up on the home side, and hopefully play their best game of the year because that's what it's going to take, i'm really expecting ND to be the toughest team that SG has faced....you can look up and down SG's schedule and see a bunch of blowout wins, but I'll be the first to tell you that were a lot of mistakes in a bunch of those games that ended with running clocks, from too many unforced errors, from penalties to dropped passes to more penalties to missed tackles to turnovers, a bunch of the wins could have had a more lopsided final score if not for these mistakes; repeat those this week and the winningest season in school history could be uh, history

#15 lbedwards

lbedwards

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 09:23 AM

@tarheelg61581

That was an excellent write-up following the West Craven game. Good work. Also, thanks for the information about South Granville. Flexbone teams in this area are few and far between. Should be fun to watch the contrasting styles on Friday. 

#16 lbedwards

lbedwards

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 07:01 AM

Safe travels to S. Granville today. See you in Welcome. I hope it is a great game.

#17 tarheelg61581

tarheelg61581

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 10:26 AM

Had a great trip; much bigger crowd than I anticipated showed up; wish they would have had more to get excited about in 4th quarter....of course even when it's cold on a holiday weekend, maybe a ball game to go see is just what you need to get out of the house or away and/or give you a good excuse to get away from that crazy relative or two if that applies

#18 lbedwards

lbedwards

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 05:16 PM

@ tarheelg61581

That was a good game. SG runs the Flexbone offense well and had ND on their heels for much of the night. This was a game that could've gone either way. SG was definitely a legitimate #3 seed who earned their undefeated record. SG carried themselves extremely well. Though they lost, they have nothing to hang their heads about. Creedmore should be proud of this team. 

JeffChapman-Dynamic