Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

Hendersonville @ Heritage 3rd Round @ the Pit!!!

2A Football WNC Asheville Western Highlands NCHSAA Playoff Brackets

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#51 hhs_redscare0206

hhs_redscare0206

Established Member

• Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 03:45 PM

Just take the win and be happy dude. Congrats to Heritage for winning. I will still take our team any day. That bogus TD hurt and we didn't convert a couple of times. That was the worst call I have ever seen. 4th and 1000 and your coach just calls a jump ball. The kid was way out of bounds and the ref called TD from 30 yards away. I still think we have a better team and I will continue to say that. What else am I suppose to say. You guys couldn't stop the pass or stop the run. So lets not act like that. Congrats to heritage and good luck next week. You will need it. 

#52 Owen Stampede

Owen Stampede

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 04:05 PM

I thought the play may have been out of bounds live but after watching the highlights on WLOS I believe he was in. You also need to take into account that Heritage had 2 straight td drives called back that resulted in no points. The game was not as close as the score indicated. And that's from someone who could care less who won. I just wanted to see a good game. You truly see only through red shades. I do think Hendo left it all on the field but the better team certainly won both times this year. I went to both games. Like I said before Heritage is 20 points better than Hendo. No offense.

#53 Owen Stampede

Owen Stampede

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 04:06 PM

Also Heritage held you to less than 100 yards rushing 40 of which came on the last play of the first half when everyone was expecting pass.

#54 WHC19

WHC19

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 444 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 04:20 PM

I actually think he got both feet in, but I'm not sure if his butt of feet hit first. If his butt landed first it would've been out of bounds but it was really close. Regardless, he was not WAY out of bounds. It was on the opposite side of Hendersonville stands and unless you were on Heritages side or have seen film, it's really hard to say that. Heritage stopped Hendo when it counted. Also Heritage had two touchdowns called back because penalties. I honestly believe that if Hendo would have ran the ball more in the first half, and taken the 5 yard slants and screens that Heritage was absolutely giving them all night, instead of throwing it down field, you guys would have been much better off. Thought Hendo's play calling was head scratching at times. As far as Heritage, you know what they're going to do, you saw it once already this season, saw loads of film, and they still had 400 yards rushing. I think Hendersonville had a really good team and Landrum is a beast. I hope he's okay! Trey Robinson played one of gutsiest games I have ever seen. I thought he was injured multiple times and then see him grab his helmet and head back out.

#55 Heritage 84

Heritage 84

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,382 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 04:43 PM

No response needed from me after that post from WHC19. I agree the best team won and I hope if we lose next week I can at least admit the best team won. It was pretty obvious. Both good programs but we were a little better this year.

#56 cougars'12

cougars'12

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 04:56 PM

Just take the win and be happy dude. Congrats to Heritage for winning. I will still take our team any day. That bogus TD hurt and we didn't convert a couple of times. That was the worst call I have ever seen. The kid was way out of bounds and the ref called TD from 30 yards away. I still think we have a better team and I will continue to say that. What else am I suppose to say. You guys couldn't stop the pass or stop the run. So lets not act like that. Congrats to heritage and good luck next week. You will need it. 

keep whining, I'm sure if you whine hard enough it will undo your 0-2 record against heritage this year, you cry more and make more excuses than anyone else on here lol

#57 Cougars1975

Cougars1975

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 09:02 PM

When Reidsville beat us last year I thought we could have played better but there was no doubt they were the better team. They went on to prove that. Redscare screamed about his line (that got demolished) his receivers (who played well) and his running back who played hard but was held in check except for a carry right before half. Hendersonvilles defense played hard but had their heart ripped out by Trey and Dathan time and time again. We hurt ourselves with a few penalties and had a few that had me scratching my head. Could Hendersonville beat Heritage? Sure they are a very talented team but they had a chance on their field playing healthy and prepared and fell short and then travelled to play on our field healthy and on a roll and got beat again. The proof is in the pudding redscare and the pudding is Kelly Green!

#58 Pisgah Bears

Pisgah Bears

JV Team

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 10:57 AM

I thought the play may have been out of bounds live but after watching the highlights on WLOS I believe he was in. You also need to take into account that Heritage had 2 straight td drives called back that resulted in no points. The game was not as close as the score indicated. And that's from someone who could care less who won. I just wanted to see a good game. You truly see only through red shades. I do think Hendo left it all on the field but the better team certainly won both times this year. I went to both games. Like I said before Heritage is 20 points better than Hendo. No offense.

I was on the Heritage side it was hard to tell if he was out or not.Just a judgment call by the ref.Like you I just wanted to see a good game and it was a good game.Heritage was the better team.Good luck next week.

#59 titanman27

titanman27

Established Member

• Members
  • 861 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 11:41 AM

I think Reidsville defensively is the best team Heritage has played this season. But in my opinion, Whiteville had the more explosive offense.

#60 Cougars1975

Cougars1975

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 12:26 PM

I think Reidsville defensively is the best team Heritage has played this season. But in my opinion, Whiteville had the more explosive offense.

I think thats probably true Titan

#61 Heritage 84

Heritage 84

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,382 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 01:02 PM

The only offense we saw this year better or as good as Whiteville was Charlotte Christian. Those 2 were crazy good offenses and well balanced.

#62 Cougars1975

Cougars1975

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 10:19 AM

Won and lost in the trenches, that simple.  Trey is a fantastic athlete and competitor and I brag on him every chance I get on here but Heritage's line will win or lose this game! I know Reidsville is the real deal and probably have the best front we have faced so everyone buckle up its gonna be a head on collision.

#63 FBCapitalOfNC

FBCapitalOfNC

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 09:15 PM

In my honest opinion, you will be shocked at how close Reidsville's Defense is this year to last. Very fast and very physical. They are very good. The offense is very well balanced. We're very deep at running back and we have a lot of receivers that get the job done.

#64 rambbq

rambbq

Established Member

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 10:17 PM

Rams need to correct some of their blocking schemes and do away with those silly holding  and block in the back penalties....been way too many of them the last few weeks.........................

#65 Heritage 84

Heritage 84

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,382 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 10:30 PM

We all know how good Reidsville is. Believe me Heritgae is not taking their task at hand lightly. The entire state will probably be picking a Ram victory.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2A Football, WNC, Asheville, Western Highlands, NCHSAA, Playoff Brackets

JeffChapman-Dynamic