Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

Hendersonville @ Heritage 3rd Round @ the Pit!!!

2A Football WNC Asheville Western Highlands NCHSAA Playoff Brackets

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 Cougars1975

Cougars1975

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 01:21 PM

Hendo peaking, Heritage rolling, Should be a huge game and a great one at E.L Briggs! 

#2 Bonecollector

Bonecollector

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 01:26 PM

I just found Heritage’s play book and here is what I will divulge to Hendo. It’s complicated so bare with me. Trey left, Trey right, Trey up the middle, with an occasional zone read to another Robinson. Good luck stopping it.

#3 hhs_redscare0206

hhs_redscare0206

Established Member

• Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 01:34 PM

We had a showdown once already. I am sure that staff and players know whats going on lol. This could be an all time great game.

#4 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 3,545 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 04:35 PM

I just found Heritage’s play book and here is what I will divulge to Hendo. It’s complicated so bare with me. Trey left, Trey right, Trey up the middle, with an occasional zone read to another Robinson. Good luck stopping it.

You forgot curl to McCoy, but he got a pass last night. Won't get another for a couple weeks.

#5 Heritage 84

Heritage 84

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 04:47 PM

We may have some of the best blocking receivers in the state. Last night they really worked well with our line to open everything up. Corners and safeties taking some shots down field.

#6 sportsbroadcaster1

sportsbroadcaster1

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 04:50 PM

This should be a very good game looking forward to see which Cat win this game.

#7 Football_Fan0414

Football_Fan0414

JV Team

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 09:02 PM

Actually Heritage runs about 80% of their plays to their sideline but is Trey 2 times and the fullback once. These two teams played a great game earlier in the year that was decided in the final minute. Hope they play another classic and the good thing is WNC will a team competing the regional final.

#8 Mmshomer

Mmshomer

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 09:18 PM

Heritage in a close one

#9 rocketman

rocketman

Established Member

• Members
  • 954 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 09:47 PM

Hendo defense is playing great right now. I look for the Bearcats to run more this week. No excuses let the best team win,

#10 Heritage 84

Heritage 84

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 11:05 PM

Heritage offense will out dual the Hendo defense. Not sure if we even punted the last game but had 3 fumbles lost, so I will give that credit to the Hendo defense. Someone has to cause ethe fumbles. I do foresee another close game. Heritage plays well at home and I'm sure all other teams do as well.

#11 hhs_redscare0206

hhs_redscare0206

Established Member

• Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 09:24 AM

I can not wait to watch this game.

#12 titanman27

titanman27

Established Member

• Members
  • 861 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 10:10 AM

Since its Thanksgiving weekend, looks like I will be in town and be able to attend this one. Heritage should be healthier for this game but Hendersonville has a lot of momentum. A lot will depend on who can jump out to a lead first. Heritage isnt really built for making a comeback with their running attack but they so often build early leads they dont have to. Hendersonville obviously has more of a passing game but I think they need to establish the run early in this game. 

#13 Heritage 84

Heritage 84

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 10:56 AM

Unless Heritage turns the ball over, I do not think we will have to be making a big comeback. Could Hendo get the ball first and score, of course, but that would not be the first time that has happened to us this year. Seems to take our defense a little while to wake up in some games. Turnovers could be the deciding factor in this game for sure. I would even count a punt almost the same as a turnover. If either team is forced to punt 3 times, I would say that team will probably lose the game. 2 good offenses battling it out. I do give our defense the edge as we are about as healthy as we could hope for at this point in the playoff run. Friday's game was definitely no indicator to how hard the defense played. Whiteville was by far the best team faced so far by Heritage or Hendo. We got the higher seed, but all will have to agree that Hendo got the best draw for the playoffs. But the state determines that and either team just has to play who is in front of them. These teams know and respect each other so I am expecting a great game by both teams.

#14 Cougars1975

Cougars1975

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 11:12 AM

Landrum will definitely have a bigger game, they will try to get the ball in his hands any way they can.  Looks like they have started running the ball a little more to get more people back into the box...makes them even more effective with their offense.  turnovers and lost yardage will be the key in this one unless a defense catches fire on either side.  Hendersonville does a good job of scheming for us so I wonder if we just pound away or if coach robinson has some tricks for them? Whiteville had the best pieces on defense we have seen all year and their kids were just demoralized by the end, If Heritage can do the same again then its Heritage 42-34.  If turnovers and craziness come to pass then who knows!

#15 hhs_redscare0206

hhs_redscare0206

Established Member

• Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 12:22 PM

I know you guys have to pull for your team and I understand and respect that. Totally understand it. My question though, is, how can Whiteville be the best team by far that you have seen and you put up 50 on them. I do not understand the logic. Yea, you guys gave up 40 something as well and I get that, but you scored 50 something. I was at the Hendo game earlier in the year and the turnovers absolutely killed the team in the first half, not to mention the onside kick that our kids seemed to just let you guys get to without resistance. Defensively, our team played well enough to win that game. Offensively, the Bearcats were not clicking at all at that point. Not even just in that game. We had a tough stretch schedule wise. Burns, Charlotte Christian, Heritage, Franklin and Pisgah, but the coaches and kids grinded their way through it. As far as the draw, you play whoever they put in front of you. Seems we would meet at some point anyway so that part is neither here nor there. 

As far as Tykel goes, I am sure he will have a bigger game than last time, I think everyone will given the stakes and the magnitude. I don't know his stats from last game but I am sure he was double or tripled all night and didn't have a great game by his standards. I don't expect a blowout on either side. You don't get to this point without being good. You definitely don't get to this point undefeated without being good. I definitely expect a great game. This to me is game of the year in WNC. Probably one of the top games in the state.

Everyone knows what you guys want to do, still tough to stop. Of course the winner will have to have some breaks go their way. I like our chances because of the balance that the offense has shown for the last 5 or 6 games and the way the defense has consistently played in every game that I had the pleasure of watching. I am just excited about the matchup. This game will be great. 3rd round game against an old conference rival, whats better than that???

#16 hhs_redscare0206

hhs_redscare0206

Established Member

• Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 12:23 PM

I know you guys have to pull for your team and I understand and respect that. Totally understand it. My question though, is, how can Whiteville be the best team by far that you have seen and you put up 50 on them. I do not understand the logic. Yea, you guys gave up 40 something as well and I get that, but you scored 50 something. I was at the Hendo game earlier in the year and the turnovers absolutely killed the team in the first half, not to mention the onside kick that our kids seemed to just let you guys get to without resistance. No shame on yall at all because you are suppose to take advantage of turnovers. Thats football. Defensively, our team played well enough to win that game. Offensively, the Bearcats were not clicking at all at that point. Not even just in that game. We had a tough stretch schedule wise. Burns, Charlotte Christian, Heritage, Franklin and Pisgah, but the coaches and kids grinded their way through it. As far as the draw, you play whoever they put in front of you. Seems we would meet at some point anyway so that part is neither here nor there. 

As far as Tykel goes, I am sure he will have a bigger game than last time, I think everyone will given the stakes and the magnitude. I don't know his stats from last game but I am sure he was double or tripled all night and didn't have a great game by his standards. I don't expect a blowout on either side. You don't get to this point without being good. You definitely don't get to this point undefeated without being good. I definitely expect a great game. This to me is game of the year in WNC. Probably one of the top games in the state.

Everyone knows what you guys want to do, still tough to stop. Of course the winner will have to have some breaks go their way. I like our chances because of the balance that the offense has shown for the last 5 or 6 games and the way the defense has consistently played in every game that I had the pleasure of watching. I am just excited about the matchup. This game will be great. 3rd round game against an old conference rival, whats better than that???

#17 Heritage 84

Heritage 84

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 12:59 PM

What I had stated in the Heritage/Whiteville thread is that I gave Whiteville the edge on offense and Hendo the edge on defense. They have some receivers right there on Landrum's level, but look like they get up to about 12 ft. on some of the catches. Also pulled off an Odelle catch on us that was unreal. We fully expect Hendo's best shot coming at us, for sure.

But I did watch both teams and my opinion is that Whiteville was better overall. It's just an opinion. Have not seen you all since the 4th week to be honest, so my opinion may change next week.

#18 Cougars1975

Cougars1975

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 01:19 PM

I know you guys have to pull for your team and I understand and respect that. Totally understand it. My question though, is, how can Whiteville be the best team by far that you have seen and you put up 50 on them. I do not understand the logic. Yea, you guys gave up 40 something as well and I get that, but you scored 50 something. I was at the Hendo game earlier in the year and the turnovers absolutely killed the team in the first half, not to mention the onside kick that our kids seemed to just let you guys get to without resistance. No shame on yall at all because you are suppose to take advantage of turnovers. Thats football. Defensively, our team played well enough to win that game. Offensively, the Bearcats were not clicking at all at that point. Not even just in that game. We had a tough stretch schedule wise. Burns, Charlotte Christian, Heritage, Franklin and Pisgah, but the coaches and kids grinded their way through it. As far as the draw, you play whoever they put in front of you. Seems we would meet at some point anyway so that part is neither here nor there. 

I would agree Redscare that you all have improved, I think the point is that both teams are better at this point than they were at least offensively the last time they saw each other.  With in mind, the defense Whiteville lined up in (5 and 6 linemen with 2 linebackers) and the athletes they put on the field in those spots, it was incredible to watch Heritage roll right through them.  The Whiteville kids hadn't seen anything like it all year. You all played us better on defense than they did but talent wise they were ridiculous. But overall id give you the edge. I know you don't want to hear it and I know its going to make you angry but offensively is where the separation was at.  Whiteville had some SERIOUS talent on the offensive side of the ball and they made play after play on Heritages defense, which was in position but just got beat.  Not many teams have done that to us at all this year, much less the whole game the way they did. The QB is fantastic and could fly, and they had receivers galore.  Their RB was probably their fastest player and that's saying something with regard to the amount of speed they put on the field. did we play well defensively? we played exceptionally hard but maybe not exactly well.  Ty Moss is someone we will be watching on TV in a few years. 

You guys also have a great amount of offensive talent and you have played us many times over the past few years and have gotten very familiar with our offense  and our schemes. The familiarity lends itself to closer games.  Having said that ya'll are on a different level offensively than you were the last time we played and so are we.  The speed and athleticism of Lexington and Whiteville  (size for whiteville as well) just didn't have any impact on our offensive efforts. Lexington was as fast and not as big as you all, and Whiteville was as fast and a touch bigger.  

As far as that stretch back when we played you all did go through a grinder and the exact opposite was true for us, we were coming off some very lackluster games and it showed, i think the end result was the same, just two different paths were taken. Neither of us played as well as we would have liked in that game.  We did make some turnovers and we did play some good coverage but similarly to you all, we struggled blocking that week having come off two weeks where our starters weren't needed in the 2nd quarter.  Heritages two games so far in the playoffs have prepared them to play you all much more than the two games we played before you the first time.

Having said all that I know you don't expect me to pick against my team, Neither do I of you, but I do know how hard it is to beat a good team twice in one year.  I know your kids will want revenge and quite frankly so do ours, both against you and against the other team that one of us will be playing next week. I expect like you said, for this to be a "game of the year" environment and result. 42-34 Heritage

#19 hhs_redscare0206

hhs_redscare0206

Established Member

• Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 01:49 PM

I wasnt mad with the assessment. I just asked a question about them being better if they gave up 50. I love our chances in this game. I cant wait to watch. Its going to be a shame we only have to pay $7 for this potential classic.

#20 Heritage 84

Heritage 84

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 03:14 PM

I can see if we can charge more at the visitors gate if you would like. :D But no refunds.

#21 Strick68

Strick68

JV Team

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 05:06 PM

If Hendersonville cant stop the QB it won't make a difference. If the Wolfpack could have the outcome might have been different, but that's football.

#22 rocketman

rocketman

Established Member

• Members
  • 954 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 05:23 PM

Look for Hendo to run trap plays, and short passing game. Hendo may run A 5 man front on defense.   Should be a good game.

#23 hhs_redscare0206

hhs_redscare0206

Established Member

• Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 08:32 PM

I can see if we can charge more at the visitors gate if you would like. :D But no refunds.

Lol

#24 hhs_redscare0206

hhs_redscare0206

Established Member

• Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 08:34 PM

Look for Hendo to run trap plays, and short passing game. Hendo may run A 5 man front on defense. Should be a good game.

Im betting they run a 10 man front. Why not????

#25 Mmshomer

Mmshomer

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 08:56 PM

I would run a 6-3

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2A Football, WNC, Asheville, Western Highlands, NCHSAA, Playoff Brackets

JeffChapman-Dynamic