Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

2AA West Round #3 #3 Franklin at #2 Hibriten

• Please log in to reply
204 replies to this topic

#1 allenjd4life

allenjd4life

• Members
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 02:13 AM

Both teams are Panthers and undefeated. I'll be attending this game. Has hibriten improved since the Newton game. I know very little bout Franklin any one can tell me more info looking forward to it and hope to meet some of the posters on here

#2 patricklsu

patricklsu

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 02:55 AM

This is on my list of possible games but I know there will be a LOT of running plays called in this one lok

#3 patricklsu

patricklsu

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 02:55 AM

Lol*

#4 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 3,545 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 06:32 AM

This one should look like a game from the 40's. Ground'n'pound and haaaard hitting. Homer for WNC so I'll say

Franklin 14
Hibritan 12

#5 Heritage 84

Heritage 84

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 07:10 AM

I think Franklin will have to clean up some things from last night if they are gonna try to pick up the win at Hibriten. I think it will take more points next week to get the W. Does Franklin have some key injuries? I was very shocked that Pisgah held their offense in check most of the night.

#6 CHEERDUCK

CHEERDUCK

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 4,403 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 07:12 AM

Hibriten will prevail.

It's not where you start, but where you finish!

#7 Paul Graham

Paul Graham

Correspondent

• Admin Team
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 08:19 AM

I think Franklin will have to clean up some things from last night if they are gonna try to pick up the win at Hibriten. I think it will take more points next week to get the W. Does Franklin have some key injuries? I was very shocked that Pisgah held their offense in check most of the night.

Yes Franklin does have to clean up some things, penalties being the major one. Franklin doesn't have any major injuries from the last few weeks but are dinged up just like everyone else this time of year.

I'm not one bit surprised that Pisgah played that well. I've saw them four times this year and that defense, while undersized, is a bunch of go getters. If the right Pisgah team shows up (last night) they are very good on defense. The offense got a bunch better when the freshman QB enters the game.

Paul Graham

WNC Football

The standard in 1A since 1969

30 state titles in 40 appearances

22 consecutive finals appearances

44 finals in the last 50 years

SMC 1A/2A 34 state titles

#8 Paul Graham

Paul Graham

Correspondent

• Admin Team
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 08:20 AM

Both teams are Panthers and undefeated. I'll be attending this game. Has hibriten improved since the Newton game. I know very little bout Franklin any one can tell me more info looking forward to it and hope to meet some of the posters on here

Just your basic Power I with two very good running backs and a 6'4" QB who is a field general with a good arm. Oh by the way he's a very good punter. Defensively, if you don't like to get hit you better stay home.

Paul Graham

WNC Football

#9 BiltmoreCANE

BiltmoreCANE

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 08:35 AM

Yes Franklin does have to clean up some things, penalties being the major one. Franklin doesn't have any major injuries from the last few weeks but are dinged up just like everyone else this time of year.

I'm not one bit surprised that Pisgah played that well. I've saw them four times this year and that defense, while undersized, is a bunch of go getters. If the right Pisgah team shows up (last night) they are very good on defense. The offense got a bunch better when the freshman QB enters the game.

Paul, I realize with your affiliation to this site you have to stay neutral about officiating. The crew last night (and all season) was questionable at best in the Pit. A couple examples would be the holding call on our second half TD run, a WR getting tackled in the end zone with out a call. Where we sloppier than normal?, yes. The refs contributed to this. I would love to see the season stats on penalties both for and against in the Pit. We have our biggest game of the season vs one of the best teams in 2AA next week. I'm willing to bet we won't have 10+ penalties called against us which has been the theme at home this year.

#10 HHS2003

HHS2003

Established Member

• Members
  • 731 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 08:39 AM

Hibriten was flagged 13 times last night. Most of them were by the offense. Seems refs don't like downfield blocks.

#11 HIBRITEN92

HIBRITEN92

JV Team

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 08:47 AM

I thought hhs looked flat.. Hard getting focused to play a team you played a couple weeks ago. The refs were terrible last night, also a lot of late cheap hits,

#12 HHS2003

HHS2003

Established Member

• Members
  • 731 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 08:49 AM

Yeah glad no one hurt bad. Believe a few are banged up.

#13 titanman27

titanman27

Established Member

• Members
  • 861 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 09:35 AM

Hibriten has more speed than Franklin has played all year, including Hendersonville and Asheville. Their running game gets to the edges fast.. Franklon could have some sucess with their physical ground and pound attack, it will be critical for them to not get down early. That being said..

Hibriten 27
Franklin 14

#14 bigdawg_33

bigdawg_33

Established Member

• Members
  • 897 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 09:56 AM

HHS played a decent game last night. The officiating was terrible. Got to stay focused during Thanksgiving break. Big game on Friday night. Panthers vs Panthers again but with a better opponent. I don't know a lot about Franklin. I hear they are and I formation ground and pound team that likes to hit, and I've heard they are a triple option team to. On the other hand, I hope they are ready for the speed and the really get hit hard in the mouth as well because hibriten has quite a few that like to hit hit hit.
"the world meets no one half way, if you want it, you gotta take it!"

#15 InnerCityPreps

InnerCityPreps

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 12:41 PM

I don’t know if Hibriten has more speed than Hendo or not. There’s a key difference in the style of offenses they run. Regardless, Hibriten wins this one by a couple TDs.
- Simply stated.

#16 Superkase

Superkase

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 08:35 PM

Franklin's dumbest penalties were a bunch of holding calls behind the play. That has to be fixed, that severely kneecapped us.

As far as Pisgah playing us close, i think that's just a thing that's gonna happen. Their staff is really familiar with us and they match up well with us. They are one of the few area teams with a defensive line that can slow is down.

#17 Superkase

Superkase

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 08:40 PM

Franklin is an off-set I with zone blocking and lots of counters and traps. Fullback runs well, but both RBs are really good at setting up blocks and getting an extra yard at the end.

Defensively, we are aggressive to make up for a lack of secondary speed. I'm afraid we will have to dial back the aggressiveness to honor the flexbone.

#18 Paul Graham

Paul Graham

Correspondent

• Admin Team
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 09:12 PM

That pass interference in the endzone happened right in front of me. It was horrible. I would like to see the fumble on the goal line call against Pisgah as well. It was on the other end of the field from me.

Franklin has to play clean and under control Friday night. If they get the lead they have to continue to press on offense and be very disciplined on defense.

Paul Graham

WNC Football

#19 FHSWINSAGAIN

FHSWINSAGAIN

JV Team

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 09:16 PM

Franklin will have a great gameplan and have kids in place to make plays..could be a game w few possessions...and funny we get called for holding bout 7 times per home game and bout once per road game..sure hope the officiating is good Friday night..i expect it lots closer than many believe..
21. 17 Fhs

#20 bigdawg_33

bigdawg_33

Established Member

• Members
  • 897 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 10:24 PM

Franklin will have a great gameplan and have kids in place to make plays..could be a game w few possessions...and funny we get called for holding bout 7 times per home game and bout once per road game..sure hope the officiating is good Friday night..i expect it lots closer than many believe..
21. 17 Fhs

After Friday night, YOU WILL NEED A NEW USER NAME!
"the world meets no one half way, if you want it, you gotta take it!"

#21 cougars'12

cougars'12

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 02:51 AM

This will be another epic third round match up got to go with the home team panthers 24-21

#22 HHS#1

HHS#1

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 10:36 AM

Big Dawg what’s up gmf

#23 Cagle89

Cagle89

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 02:26 PM

Hibriten by 21! Show out Gee!

#RaiderNation

#24 Midline

Midline

JV Team

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 07:34 PM

If I could make predictions accurately, I would have won the powerball years ago!! No predictions from me, but just like all of WNC I’m pulling for Franklin to bring Home a big win

#25 BAMARULES22

BAMARULES22

Rookie

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 07:38 PM

After Friday night, YOU WILL NEED A NEW USER NAME!

He has been right thirteen times this year!!! I wouldn’t bet against him!!! LOL

JeffChapman-Dynamic