Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Shelby at Mount Pleasant

• Please log in to reply
397 replies to this topic

#51 sportsbroadcaster1

sportsbroadcaster1

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 10:14 AM

Get ou5t of here with the cheap shot $#!+, u want people to stay classy with there post then how bout you.
Were talking about next weeks game, not couple yrs ago

Well I did mentioned this as it could play a factor as MP speaking revenge. One thing that we can agree upon both meetings between Shelby and MP have been much closure then people in here or elsewhere predicted or anticipated. I see no reason why this game won't be close as well.

#52 sportsbroadcaster1

sportsbroadcaster1

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 10:23 AM

And finally we know that Shelby is the 4 time state champion we know that you have a hall fame coach. We all know that you have very good players especially on defense. But as good as you guys are even a very good team can have a let down type of a game. We have seen see happened in the pro. Anyone who think that Shelby will will win by blowout get ready to be proving wrong. Shelby might win the game if they do they will have to earn it the same applies to MP.

#53 shelbyfan

shelbyfan

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 10:43 AM

I can agree on bottom part

#54 sportsbroadcaster1

sportsbroadcaster1

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 11:23 AM

Guys regardless of who you pull for just try to enjoy the moment. Personally speaking last year my high school football broadcasting season has ended the Friday before Thanksgiving and even though I enjoyed being at home I missed not being on the air broadcasting after Thanksgiving. I had a guy with me last night broadcasting his first ever game telling me afterword how much fun he had and that he want to do it again next Friday.

#55 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 11:42 AM

That as well the last two meetings between both teams both games were very toward the end. MP has to play a mistake free football, do a very good job of protecting the QB capitalize on any Shelby mistake,stop the Shelby running game get to the QB face. I really think coming off after an emotional win playing after Thanksgiving on the road will help MP. Also speaking of revenge I am sure everyone at MP remember how Shelby on the final play of the game against MP decided to take a cheap shot against the MP QB forcing him to leave the game.

Real cute tigersportscaster. Why don't you tell everyone about the last play of the game against Foard Friday night. Jeez, unreal.

#56 Footballdad3030

Footballdad3030

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 11:47 AM

Gdg what happened on the last play ?

#57 sportsbroadcaster1

sportsbroadcaster1

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 12:01 PM

Gdg what happened on the last play ?

Nothing really happened on the last play off last night game. MP run a running play Foard took a exemption for it. And both players from both teams had to be separated. Not a big deal no pounces were thrown.

#58 sportsbroadcaster1

sportsbroadcaster1

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 12:15 PM

Here is a fun fact heading to the game this will be the first meeting between both teams that the game will be played at Mount Pleasant. This will be the first time in 10 years that MP will be hosting the 3rd of the playoff.

#59 kms51

kms51

Established Member

• Members
  • 519 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 12:20 PM

I got shelby 35-14

#60 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 01:47 PM

Nothing really happened on the last play off last night game. MP run a running play Foard took a exemption for it. And both players from both teams had to be separated. Not a big deal no pounces were thrown.

You mean MP took a time out leading by two scores with 5 seconds and ran another play so he got smacked and MP took exception to it. Either way you act like there is only one side to a story. The rest of the guys for MP even have kids that played and are not this over the top.

And I was at that last Shelby vs Mount Pleasant game and it was not close actually and I never saw the defense go after the MP QB to deliberately hurt him. But MP surely was a excellent program that year. I saw MP last year at Maiden as I said once before I was highly impressed. It’s a great school, with a great student body, and colors are off the chain.

#61 Footballdad3030

Footballdad3030

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 02:10 PM

Gdg most teams from Mount pleasant can't say they did the things this team accomplished this season. You have to be relentless in this sport. You don't get to the top of the mountain being nice.foard didn't quit we didn't either

#62 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 02:26 PM

Gdg most teams from Mount pleasant can't say they did the things this team accomplished this season. You have to be relentless in this sport. You don't get to the top of the mountain being nice.foard didn't quit we didn't either

Yeah. You make a better point explaining it than the radiofreecarribean guy.

#63 sportsbroadcaster1

sportsbroadcaster1

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 02:43 PM

You mean MP took a time out leading by two scores with 5 seconds and ran another play so he got smacked and MP took exception to it. Either way you act like there is only one side to a story. The rest of the guys for MP even have kids that played and are not this over the top.

And I was at that last Shelby vs Mount Pleasant game and it was not close actually and I never saw the defense go after the MP QB to deliberately hurt him. But MP surely was a excellent program that year. I saw MP last year at Maiden as I said once before I was highly impressed. It’s a great school, with a great student body, and colors are off the chain.

Would I have run a play up by 14 with 5 second left in the game I would have not. Both teams played very hard last night. Honestly a lot of the plays calling from both teams I wouldn't have personally run but I am just the broadcaster. The only reason why I can think of that MP called that running play instead of taking
a knee is in some sort of punishment basically for having a let down on offense in the 4th. As far MP talent wise this team is much better then 2015 team that played against Shelby. As far 2015 meeting MP had a chance to take the lead down by 27-31 MP had a 4th goal chance from around the Shelby 8 yard line if I remember correctly the QB made a great pass that would have put MP on top unfortunately the TE dropped the ball. But honestly even if MP would have went on top they would have probably would have lost the game. The Tigers defense wasn't that good at the time. And your offense was very good even though 2 starters for you guys didn't played. I personally believe to win you must first have a very good defense to win before having a very good offense.

#64 sportsbroadcaster1

sportsbroadcaster1

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 02:52 PM

As far Foard goes Jack Colosemo the starting QB he was so much fun to watch last night running with the ball. At one time he had a 360 jump to keep the play alive.

#65 hhs_redscare0206

hhs_redscare0206

Established Member

• Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 03:27 PM

Lol, this is going to be good this week.

#66 sportsbroadcaster1

sportsbroadcaster1

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 03:49 PM

Lol, this is going to be good this week.

Its going to be a very good respectable week between two knowledgeable and diehard fan base.

#67 Heritage 84

Heritage 84

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,382 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 04:07 PM

Yeah I can guarantee you if you call a timeout against our team with 5 seconds left and up 14 points, you will be gang tackled. I'm sure the coach is great but that is asking for trouble. Lucky a player was not hurt or a fight break out that gets players ejected. We were only up 8 on Whiteville with a little over a minute and they only had 1 timeout left. We went into victory formation and took a knee and I believe the Whiteville coach kept his last timeout in his pocket. A respectable way to end the game. This week should be a good between 2 good programs.

#68 sportsbroadcaster1

sportsbroadcaster1

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 04:21 PM

No disrespect to either of the Panthers teams that MP might face in the 4th round or to Northern Davidson in 2AA East or to anyone else. Speaking for myself only this was a matchup that I was hoping that we will have on Friday night. To be the best you have you beat the 4 time state champion. As a broadcaster I am hoping for a injury free game and A+ officiated game for both teams.

#69 BigDiesel

BigDiesel

Established Member

• Members
  • 631 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 04:23 PM

I was a sophomore on the 07 14-1 team from MP and I can tell you that was a heart breaker there. Shelby was a beast to play that night. I’ve watched them get defeated in Shelby several times since then. I will be honest I feel more comfortable playing Shelby than I would South Point. With that being said I will say MP will fight tooth and nail to win 21-17. All I want is a clean game and no lopsided score. Regardless of who you pull for you have to be decent to make it in the 3rd round.

#70 '98 State Champion

'98 State Champion

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 04:23 PM

Isn't it funny...every time Shelby and Mount Pleasant meet mr sportsbroadcaster says this is the most talented MP team ever. I remember they came in with that 47,000 yard running back one year, Shelby shut him down. Then they came in with the best O line ever in NC, Shelby penetrated it like a hot knife through butter. Here we are in 2017 and have the most talented MP team ever.

I'm not too worried about Friday.

#71 Footballdad3030

Footballdad3030

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 05:02 PM

Ok don't be worried just come to the game !!

#72 Footballdad3030

Footballdad3030

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 05:07 PM

This is a violent game and you want the end of the game to be respectful. You can be friends when the game is over. There was still five seconds on the clock.

#73 HHS2003

HHS2003

Established Member

• Members
  • 731 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 05:09 PM

What goes around comes around! Sounds bush league to me!

#74 Steve Johnston

Steve Johnston

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 05:16 PM

This is a violent game and you want the end of the game to be respectful. You can be friends when the game is over. There was still five seconds on the clock.

Yes and calling a time out with 5 sec left up 14 with the ball is the ultimate sign of respect...funny I thought it was called bush league

#75 Footballdad3030

Footballdad3030

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 05:17 PM

Lol . It's not bush league. It's playoffs

JeffChapman-Dynamic