Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Shelby at Mount Pleasant

• Please log in to reply
397 replies to this topic

#376 Football_Fan0414

Football_Fan0414

JV Team

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 11:09 AM

Wow sounds like the game more lived up to the hype. I knew Coach Johns would have his team ready, but hats off to him and his staff as they took Shelby to the limit. To all the MP fans great effort and you guys were right you were ready and gave Shelby all they could handle. Coach Johns is a fine man and the young men and the community of MP is lucky to have him. I thought when the brackets were released this 2AA was the toughest and it is proving to be. Shelby escaped it sounds like and the kids, fans and entire community of MP should hold their heads high for the game they played last night.

#377 sportsbroadcaster1

sportsbroadcaster1

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 11:29 AM

Coach Johns loves the Mt Pleasant community. Bigger schools have sought after him but he came to Mount Pleasant when they were nothing and built them up to this. I think this may have been his last real chance to go all the way. Next year’s team is talented but not much depth. They’ll have to play some kids on both sides of the ball, stay healthy, and overachieve to some extent. But one think they’ll never lack is the mindset. Coach Johns breeds mental toughness in that locker room.

I totally agree with you that was probably MP best chance to go all the way unfortunately they came up just a bit short. Personally speaking last night was the saddest game that I've ever broadcasted. They say you supposed to stay natural which I tried but it very difficult to do so when you covering a team from week in and week out only. As I said on the air last night it just wasn't meant to be for MP. Hopefully the players and coaching staff in in time will not blamed themselves for not anticipating the fake punt. Myself and the other broadcaster next to me 15 second before the fake punt took place we warmed MP that should watched for the fake. Unfortunately the window was closed so no one downstairs could hear us.

#378 hailmary

hailmary

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 11:45 AM

I totally agree with you that was probably MP best chance to go all the way unfortunately they came up just a bit short. Personally speaking last night was the saddest game that I've ever broadcasted. They say you supposed to stay natural which I tried but it very difficult to do so when you covering a team from week in and week out only. As I said on the air last night it just wasn't meant to be for MP. Hopefully the players and coaching staff in in time will not blamed themselves for not anticipating the fake punt. Myself and the other broadcaster next to me 15 second before the fake punt took place we warmed MP that should watched for the fake. Unfortunately the window was closed so no one downstairs could hear us.

Everyone in the stadium and on the field knew the fake was coming. It was a well drawn up and executed play by SHS. They rolled the dice and it paid off.

#379 Footballdad3030

Footballdad3030

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 11:50 AM

We didn't know the fake was coming. That's why it's called a fake. If we did definitely more props to Shelby

#380 Footballdad3030

Footballdad3030

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 12:22 PM

Shelby stat line 7 penalties 50 yards . Mount penalties 8 for 84 home game higher seed . Definitely red carpet treatment. In game like that every yard counts

#381 sportsbroadcaster1

sportsbroadcaster1

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 12:22 PM

Guys I know this is football forum. I just want to say if you like high school basketball this year you should definitely come to Cox Mill to watch one of the best if not the best boy team in the state in action. In addition if you like girls basketball you should come to Hickory Ridge to watch one of the best girls basketball team in action.

#382 Heritage 84

Heritage 84

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 12:25 PM

Officiating has definitely been subpar this year in many games but calls are missed both ways. I've not seen home, away or opponent affect those calls so far. Good season MP. Gutsy defensive game for sure.

#383 sportsbroadcaster1

sportsbroadcaster1

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 12:45 PM

Officiating has definitely been subpar this year in many games but calls are missed both ways. I've not seen home, away or opponent affect those calls so far. Good season MP. Gutsy defensive game for sure.

I honestly think the problem with the officiating not just in football but also in basketball is that this are not real refs they have other job beside officiating a game per week. Which is totally understandable considering that they probably don't make that much money officiating a high school game. I wish that the NCHASS would consider hiring these officials for full time position let them work every high school sports year round. The more games that they will work the less mistake that they will make.

#384 '98 State Champion

'98 State Champion

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 12:47 PM

Shelby stat line 7 penalties 50 yards . Mount penalties 8 for 84 home game higher seed . Definitely red carpet treatment. In game like that every yard counts

Hmmmm 7 penalties to 8 penalties? Yeah sounds like red carpet treatment. Smh. I'll give you 10 $1 bills if you give me 1 $100 bill. You really think that 1 extra penalty led to you guys being shut out? Lol

#385 '98 State Champion

'98 State Champion

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 12:49 PM

We ran the same fake punt in '98 Western Finals!

https://youtu.be/NOEtTf_6tIQ

#386 Footballdad3030

Footballdad3030

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 01:26 PM

98 champ. It's all good great win

#387 Footballdad3030

Footballdad3030

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 01:29 PM

It wasn't the number it was the yardage ..

#388 Footballdad3030

Footballdad3030

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 01:31 PM

Wow great film on that play . Great execution or we just didn't see it coming.

#389 Footballdad3030

Footballdad3030

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 01:35 PM

Forgot for a second we were the home team is all I am saying

#390 Jp100012

Jp100012

Rookie

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 02:19 PM

I do not think it was the yardage nor the number. It was more the timing. Mp has a big gain on a long pass down shelbys sideline and the officials called pass interference. The receiver was clearly in front of the defender he would have to reach back to interfere. Chop block on defense, never heard of that , flag thrown on Shelby for holding in the 4th which was picked up.

#391 sportsbroadcaster1

sportsbroadcaster1

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 02:22 PM

I just want to take my hat off to both teams coaching staff for a calling aggressive plays calling. Not worrying about what might the next week opponent will or won't see on tape. Last night was the first time that I have ever seen MP running the double reverse. I've been broadcasting high school football since 2012 last night was the best defense performance by both teams that I ever seen. Last night definitely felt like the state title game.

#392 Footballdad3030

Footballdad3030

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 02:38 PM

Watched the film wow!! Saw a few Jersey grabs knew I was right .. don't change anything but makes me feel alot better.

#393 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,561 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 05:43 PM

Watched the film wow!! Saw a few Jersey grabs knew I was right .. don't change anything but makes me feel alot better.

U can have holding on every play but u aren’t going call it every time

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#394 deetc1

deetc1

Rookie

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 06:25 PM

U can have holding on every play but u aren’t going call it every time

Where you watching the game at

#395 Footballdad3030

Footballdad3030

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 06:29 PM

Didn't want every call .. just the key ones . Thats on film . That I saw during the game . Had to make sure I wasn't going crazy being a realist But definitely was right. On the road you don't expect those call but at home can we aleast get one . Corners we're getting burnt In the first half

#396 shelbyfan

shelbyfan

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 07:34 PM

While u were watching did u see thst facemask they didnt call on our drive, and we had to punt.
How bout the terrible spots we got,
Game was what it was, hats off to MP.
But i will say we played flat, yes some was to do with MP. But not all.
Wasnt same team as week before.
Again i will sy MP was a tough team.
In to round 4

#397 Footballdad3030

Footballdad3030

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 07:54 PM

Yeah but definitely red carpet treatment and I am sticking with that . Good luck as always on the teams quest .

#398 SPRaiders78

SPRaiders78

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 12:04 AM

Hibriten 19 - Shelby 7 Final
Hibriten to Chapel Hill vs E Dumplin.

JeffChapman-Dynamic